Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Jewelcrafting is bad

As title said, after the patch with the new epic gems jc has just +51 instead of +80. shall I unlearn it, or do u think that will balanced with MoP?

there is no doubt it will be balanced in MOP. there is a minor chance that they may balance it sooner than that.

remember, it is only at a disadvantage if you have full epic gems. To hear the QQers tell it, thats almost no one.

Well a Blue made a post regarding this. They feel they don't need to buff JC because not everyone has access to the Epic Gems yet. So I wouldn't bother dropping it now only for you to re level it during MoP. JC will probably balance out during MoP as gems are going to be prospected from ore.

Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    Well a Blue made a post regarding this. They feel they don't need to buff JC because not everyone has access to the Epic Gems yet. So I wouldn't bother dropping it now only for you to re level it during MoP. JC will probably balance out during MoP as gems are going to be prospected from ore.
    TBH, I don't see how "everyone" doesn't have "access" to epic gems yet? If I wanted to, I could replace all my gems with epic gems right now. The thing is, I don't do anything but drunk LFR and for that I don't need to spend 40k for the gems. If I was still into progression raiding and not raping the AH I would most definitely buy all epic gems.

The epic gems are available to everyone... who has an unrealistic amount of gold to spend.
    Unfortunately, the importance of red above and beyond just about all others, especially the hybrid colors, have made the market on them a bit of a joke.

But, honestly, it's the end of an expac, and leveling professions is expensive - and we have no idea at all what MoP will bring to them.

Unless your guild is pushing second half HMs and wiping with 1% HP, it's just not worth it at this stage, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd keep it, since Jewelcrafting was released, it has been one of the best professions on multiple occasions, so chances are likely it will return to the top. I am actually in the process of leveling my Rogue's Jewelcrafting so that I have one of every profession.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Sorry, is this tier hard enough to worry about that few stat points?

I stick with jc through convenience, it would not affect my performance if I used no chimera's eyes. Jc is not bad it never has been and never will be, with 200-400 or more of a primary stat on each piece of gear, the bonus is almost insignificant.

It will shine again and you would regret dropping it.

Deleted
    Too bad I got epic gems in all slots and got JC... didn't even need to spend too much on them from AH and alt runs gave me extra gems too.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    TBH, I don't see how "everyone" doesn't have "access" to epic gems yet? If I wanted to, I could replace all my gems with epic gems right now. The thing is, I don't do anything but drunk LFR and for that I don't need to spend 40k for the gems. If I was still into progression raiding and not raping the AH I would most definitely buy all epic gems.
    Well I wish I could find the post and post the exact words, but it is morning here and I wouldn't be bothered too. But he did mention that prices of the gems were not to low where anyone would be investing in them except people that had the gold. And just like you, a majority of the player base are only running the LFR which doesn't give you the tokens for the bag.

And don't forget if they have to buff JC, they would have to buff all the professions. I don't know the amount of work that goes into it, but they already are finding time short on their hands. Doubt they would want to invest more time balancing all the professions this late in an expansion.

I'm kind of bummed over the fact that they designed the new and updated JC gems, then just never put them into the game when the patch hit. Everyone in my 3-days-a-week raiding guild have a full set of epic gems now, gold or not. Having blacksmithing being better than JC is just unfair at this point, especially with the gradual DS nerf being introduced. When you're wiping at 0.3% hp on Ultraxion, you clearly understand that every single point of dps matters.

In retrospect, I wish Blizzard had just made JCs able to cut the epic gems into 'normal' epic gems and 'JC-only' epic gems (maybe combined with a Chimera's Eye). That way there wouldn't have been any unfairness in that JCs got 3 epic gems instantly. Hoping things will be better in the future.

They'll probably balance it out with MoP, they should anyway. If not, at least you'll be making loads of gold.

Alchemy is worse though, we don't get any stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Correons View Post
    They'll probably balance it out with MoP, they should anyway. If not, at least you'll be making loads of gold.

y you do
    you get that flask which you need to reflask every 2h with 80 primary stat but still you get 80 stat so you aren't losing any advantage to other proffs you'r in same lvl with them

For min/max purpose - i see what you are saying. But, they will have to fix this...
    As far as professions in general - JC has been one of the best all the way through its existance.
    Maybe not now for stats - but for money... you betcha! don't drop this, or engineering EVAR!

Yeah a single epic int gem is almost 60k on my server... so yes they are available to those who want to spend 600k gold on gems.

Quote Originally Posted by monoroth View Post
    you get that flask which you need to reflask every 2h with 80 primary stat
    Well, sure. But the flask will be overwritten by any other flask, so in a raid scenario we don't get any extra stats. Unless you're a elixir master.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    Yeah a single epic int gem is almost 60k on my server... so yes they are available to those who want to spend 600k gold on gems.

holy shit 60k god damn on my server 4-6k mostly but 60k jesus that's retarted

That is just plain out ridiculous. The most I've seen the red epics sell for is around 10K . And this is medium pop realm. Are you sure you didn't mean 6K?

Quote Originally Posted by Correons View Post
    Yes, you do.

Mixology applies the +80 Stat bonus to the Cataclysm flasks, as well as the increased duration. This makes Alchemy equal to many other professions.

Please report back with your server so I can buy out my server at 4k and come to yours to gold cap a few alts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jewelcrafting is not bad, it shines when epic gems aren´t there (3/4th of an expansion). Besides that, it'll net you quite some gold as everyone needs new gems every time they get a new piece of gear. You're not at a disadvantage when you're not yet in gear with full epic gems. I think our realm has cheap epic gems, at a bout 4K for red cut gems (Stormrage EU)
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)