Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    I totally disagree. Most "trolls" are labelled 'cause they're self-serving, instead of working with others. Kill-stealing, ninja-looting, etc etc.

As a general rule of human (internet) behavior, most people choose personal gain over helping others.

VERY FEW people sacrifice personal gain simply to grief others, though.

The motivation behind "bad players" is not to ruin other people's days, but simply to look out for themselves.

If GW2 fixes this by increasing rewards for team play, instead of decreasing it, then 99% of the problems in these games will be removed because: Personal gain AND helping others will coincide!!
    And this is exactly what the game is built around and why it will have a good community.

As long as the launcher has a "Play now" button, that is all I care about. Don't get how some launcher ads could get people all pissy, just ignore them *shrug*.

Played WoW for years, never clicked an ad on the launcher ever, I just AFK until patch is done and then click Play. Would never require more from a launcher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Menkey View Post
    As long as the launcher has a "Play now" button, that is all I care about. Don't get how some launcher ads could get people all pissy, just ignore them *shrug*.

Played WoW for years, never clicked an ad on the launcher ever, I just AFK until patch is done and then click Play. Would never require more from a launcher.
    I think you just posted in the wrong thread there

Snip
    I've also seen it in other games, as I've said before. But nowhere in the obscene amounts I've witnessed in WoW.

I truly believe that WoW is one of the worst communities I've ever been apart off but you are correct, I do not know the entire population and was merely going by the rough 6-10 servers I've played on, they all showed the very same patterns and they perhaps reached the peak of derphood with the dreadful addon Gearscore.

However you are correct in that it is not fair by me to claim that the entire population are like that, but these mouthbreating spawns are what represents your precious WoW community on forums all over the internet, they're ready and willing to jump straight into the fray on any other game to tell everyone that just that particular game is the worst ever made, because they themselves doesn't like it.

All this ranting aside tho I think you're having abit too optimistic view on the community in WoW I just don't think 30 of 3000 is a reasonable number, say 2000 of 3000 and you're in my book closer to the truth, but as neither of us can actually demonstrate proper data to prove either way, we might aswell drop the subject.

I do appologize for labeling the entire community like that tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're going to have a game that doesn't want to encourage: Cross Faction PvP, End-Game chasers... or hardcore raiders.

There's more than half of my gripes with WoW's community, gone immediately. That's why I think GW2's community will be better.

It may not be the best ever; but it will be closer to the people I want to play with.

I realized that reading about PvP faction imbalance, constant whining about raiding and gearing for raids... left me jaded with WoW.

I may be in the minority here, but I need a change in game style. I want a game that I can finally say "Yes, this is different than what I was playing in 2005".
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't yet know how forming a party for dungeons works, but I hope that it will never become LFD automated (or at least to work cross-server). WvWvW seems like the exact type of world pvp that strengthens a server's community, so hopefully there is going to be some sort of built-in encouragement of forstering your server's identity.

Quote Originally Posted by luedieniel View Post
    I've also seen it in other games, as I've said before. But nowhere in the obscene amounts I've witnessed in WoW.

I truly believe that WoW is one of the worst communities I've ever been apart off but you are correct, I do not know the entire population and was merely going by the rough 6-10 servers I've played on, they all showed the very same patterns and they perhaps reached the peak of derphood with the dreadful addon Gearscore.

However you are correct in that it is not fair by me to claim that the entire population are like that, but these mouthbreating spawns are what represents your precious WoW community on forums all over the internet, they're ready and willing to jump straight into the fray on any other game to tell everyone that just that particular game is the worst ever made, because they themselves doesn't like it.

All this ranting aside tho I think you're having abit too optimistic view on the community in WoW I just don't think 30 of 3000 is a reasonable number, say 2000 of 3000 and you're in my book closer to the truth, but as neither of us can actually demonstrate proper data to prove either way, we might aswell drop the subject.

I do appologize for labeling the entire community like that tho.
    There may be certain things in WOW that allows/enables a persons "dark side" to come out more easily. But I still think that by ignoring the 10 worst offenders on a server/forums, the community can go from 1/10 to 10/10. It's partially up to YOU to block off those that bother you the most... but instead you are extending/projecting the behaviour of a few bad apples to everyone, and I didn't think that was a fair thing to do.

Also... these mouth-breathing spawns don't represent me. Just like the random kids that gun down schools don't represent American gun-owners. Or how a few fringe communists don't represent the Democratic party. Or how those that murder abortion doctors don't represent Christians. Taking the most far-out examples from a group is unfair and dishonest. Same thing applies to WOW, or any other online community. It's NOT the job of gun-owners to find and police crazy psychopaths just because they also own guns. It's NOT the job of the Democratic party to disprove communists, just because someone ELSE thinks they're similar. It's NOT the job of Christians to pursue crazy murderers just 'cause they also claim to be "Christian".

It's up to YOU to filter through the chaos, and it's up to you to block off those in a community that bother you. The community is only what YOU perceive it to be... and it's up to you to make it what it is. I can join a WOW server, and join a guild full of tards. But then can I claim that all of WOW is full of tards? Isn't it MY responsibility to find and join a good guild? Isn't it my responsibility to surround myself with positive people? If you haven't done that, it's not the community's fault, but your own. You're experience in an online community is what you make it!

-snip-
    There is one peculiar thing of note tho, when you play another MMO and come across these nuisances and actually talk to them, you'll quickly find out that they're actually all originating from WoW, I'm going to remain steadfast in my claim that they're not just 'a few bad apples' but rather a vast section of the community, however the majority? probably not.

Perhaps you don't feel that they represent you, but if you identify yourself with the WoW community and these loudmouths are all that people of other games come across, they've got no real reason to asume otherwise but once again, it was unfair of me to exaggerate as I did.

I've been apart of many great mini-communities in WoW but the community as a whole is depressing to view, as guild wars 2 has a multi-guild system in place, I've got my hopes up for it tho.

We've more or less emptied out the subject however.