Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Its the same as the TOR players, thinking they have some brilliant community because there's no LFG/R system, the mass majority of people couldn't care less about the community outside of what effects them (a guild,RL friends etc)
    You don't need to categorize a group of people in such a manner. Plenty TOR players await a LFG tool. I'd say the majority do. And I've yet to run across any TOR players that suggest the community is somehow better.

For the record, it isn't. The same idiots who queued up in WoW queue up in TOR and will queue up in GW2. That's life in 2012.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Edit: @Mif; come on man. That's hardly necessary.
    Click post areas

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Oh look, a Jedi.
    Dont like my opinion dont read it and respond simple.
    Keep telling yourself the community and game will be squeeky clean...hahah

And whats posting a link to my profile got fuck all to do with it?

Regardless of where he normally posts, his post was about as negative towards people as mine was. He did not bring up TOR, he did not specifically come here to bash GW2 (looked to be more directed at online games in general). Hinting that he shouldn't post here because of the forum he usually posts in is unnecessary.

(His more recent post was more douchey, but at the time it was unnecessary and uncalled for)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Regardless of where he normally posts, his post was about as negative towards people as mine was. He did not bring up TOR, he did not specifically come here to bash GW2 (looked to be more directed at online games in general). Hinting that he shouldn't post here because of the forum he usually posts in is unnecessary.
    The thread is about the community, yet he talks about "People are also dilusional that the game will be released all sparkly and gleeming bug/problem free". That just game bashing.

The thread is about the community, yet he talks about "People are also dilusional that the game will be released all sparkly and gleeming bug/problem free". That just game bashing.
    Seemed like a generalization of recent MMOs and saying that GW2 will folllow the trend as oppose to saying GW2 will be a terrible release, but I guess we're just seeing it from different angles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's universal for all communities (Not just MMOs and Forums) to have good guys and bad guys. I can go to a rock concert and find some douchebags as well as I can find some cool people. I can go to convention and find at least one idiot.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

The community will be the same as every other community, the game will have just as many problems as other games on release...you actually think the game will come out and arenanet wont have to patch things or make changes hahah ok , dam someone got pissed i made a negative point about a game he obviously worships here check out his post count guys quick.... http://www.mmo-champion.com/members/565843-Mif must mean he is a gw2 fan just like im a wow/swtor fan so ye dont see what your point was linking my account in the first place. You people need to grow up or get off the internet if you cant handle negative responses.

If you cannot accept that the game will have bad people in it like every other online game i seriously suggest you dont buy it and log on because you WILL be one sad panda.

p.s just so you know.....i will be buying gw2....shock shock horror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Bongomadness; 2012-02-05 at 12:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    You don't need to categorize a group of people in such a manner. Plenty TOR players await a LFG tool. I'd say the majority do. And I've yet to run across any TOR players that suggest the community is somehow better.

For the record, it isn't. The same idiots who queued up in WoW queue up in TOR and will queue up in GW2. That's life in 2012.
    Yeah I agree, I used TOR more of an example.

Its just annoying when you see people campaigning for something that isn't there, again going to use TOR but look at their forums, the amount of ''NO LFR, U RUIN OUR COMMUNITY'' type posts is stupid, there's no community to ruin in the first place, sooner people wake up and realize this the better.

The only community players care about is those that effect them directly, a guild or in-game/RL friends

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongomadness View Post
    If you cannot accept that the game will have bad people in it like every other online game i seriously suggest you dont buy it and log on because you WILL be one sad panda.
    That's not what I said at all.
    You made a needless and baseless accusation that GW2 would be full of bugs problems, and I called you on it.
    Stop trying to bury the facts with your bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    Every game has idiots its how you manage them that makes the community good or bad. Give them something like LFR/LFD and your be mixing good players with bad players creating a bad community feel.

Its the company's who make these games fault for bad communitys they make it to easy to be an asshole and get away with it.
    I agree, things like lfr/lfd work on paper, but due to things like cross server anonymity there are too many dick wads.

You made a needless and baseless accusation that GW2 would be full of bugs problems, and I called you on it.
    so you think the game will be released bug free? stop trying to bury the facts with your bullshit.
    In fact stop replying to my post , there is plenty of other people that agree the game will have a bad community in it, go search there post activity aslo and not just mine...seriously.
    Last edited by Bongomadness; 2012-02-05 at 01:02 PM.

You mean GWGuru actually moderates and bans trolls from their forums? Is that what the 'cool internet kids' call nazis these days?

I should probably hang out there more often. Fuck all knows that I get sick of rabid entitlement kids on their rants about comparing putting pandas into WoW to systemic racism and kids like the poster above me that do nothing but repeat what was said to them as an attempt to be witty and clever with their flamebaiting.

And as for the pic of the GW2 launcher... why the squabbling about ads? I don't see any ads on the thing. I don't see what the big deal is, and honestly if they put any sort of 'ads' on it it'd be for their in-game store promotions (ie "Xunlai storage panes on sale, buy a name change for 30% off this week") as they've always done with GuildWars. Because the game devs have stated time and time and time and TIME AND TIME AND TIME AGAIN that they're presuing the exact same profit model with GW2 as they did with GW1.
    Last edited by greyghost; 2012-02-05 at 01:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

He said not bug free not full of bugs. You're just twisting things now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

Anyone bashing on the GW1 community should probably look into the fact that there are, just today, tons of helpful guilds and alliances who team up and "sponsor" districts within the game with the 'Canthan new years Finale'. This basically means they're providing all the materials for the events and anyone within the zones gets to reap the benefits for nothing at all. Alot of these guilds are also hosting giveaways and radios and a plethora of other fancy things simply for this special occasion.

There is no bantering going on in the chats, everyone is just having a bloody good time and that is something I haven't seen in most MMOs for a long time.
    This in return also brings me to the topic at hand, GW has a great community however it is separated into smaller groups and you would in GW1 atleast have to find the one most suitable for you, they've actually looked into this for GW2 tho and made sure you can participate in numerous groups by joining several 'guilds' at once.

I'm sure there are going to be people in the game who annoy me and hey, alot of the people in this very topic I could very much do without, but if the people playing GW1 drops over to GW2 I have to say the community is looking up already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys lets stop posting links to peoples pages, im pretty sure its wrong in the way its been done.

Stop flamebaiting and flaming each other, your so caught up in the flame you cant see the game's potential.

Regarding community.

One time purchase per expansion, You can play swtor wow or whatever paid sub game along side guildwars 2.

You can join multiple guilds, appear online in any guild or offline to all guilds/friends.

Alts share in your achivements, as they are all account bound from launch.

Leveling is almost obsolete considering rated pvp and your friends can sidekick you, and your stats scale, and if you fully unlock your weapon then you would scale up and down the levels with all your main skills, unlike the 1-49 swtor bracket, but dont get me wrong the 1-49 swtor bracket is better than wow.

You can server transfer for free however can't join tripple server pvp till that round is over.
    This way you can play on anyserver you wish at any time join multiple guilds and represent them anytime, even if your friends start on a different one on launch day.

There is no herb ore griefing, there is no mob kill stealing, your encouraged to play with other people and dont even need to group or raid first in order to get credit.

The butterfly effect of dynamic events replaces quests no more boring grinds you never know whats coming the next day.

After boss kills everyone gets an individual item from the boss's loot table, and thus the explorable modes are much harder then wow heroics.
    Because they offer loot to more people then wow in a shorter time period.

There is really nothing bad about the game's design for the sake of getting rid of every aspect of clasic mmo's that make ppl into asshats or promote asshate behavior.

No guild drama, no loot drama, no kill stealing etc etc the list goes on.

---------- Post added 2012-02-05 at 01:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by luedieniel View Post
    Anyone bashing on the GW1 community should probably look into the fact that there are, just today, tons of helpful guilds and alliances who team up and "sponsor" districts within the game with the 'Canthan new years Finale'. This basically means they're providing all the materials for the events and anyone within the zones gets to reap the benefits for nothing at all. Alot of these guilds are also hosting giveaways and radios and a plethora of other fancy things simply for this special occasion.

There is no bantering going on in the chats, everyone is just having a bloody good time and that is something I haven't seen in most MMOs for a long time.
    This in return also brings me to the topic at hand, GW has a great community however it is separated into smaller groups and you would in GW1 atleast have to find the one most suitable for you, they've actually looked into this for GW2 tho and made sure you can participate in numerous groups by joining several 'guilds' at once.

I'm sure there are going to be people in the game who annoy me and hey, alot of the people in this very topic I could very much do without, but if the people playing GW1 drops over to GW2 I have to say the community is looking up already.
    Exactly, this is a community i wish i had joined back in the day, and im looking forward to in guildwars2.

Quote Originally Posted by russykh View Post
    He said not bug free not full of bugs. You're just twisting things now.
    Which is why i stopped replying to that poster.
    Going back a little, wow has a bad side community, swtor has a bad side of the community loh has it, warhammer online had it and so on and so on.
    Big question is , does these people bother you that much or do you just get on with enjoying the game? or even more so do they bother you that much that it dampens your gameplay. it shouldnt.

---------- Post added 2012-02-05 at 01:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    snip
    As long as there is forums and some sort of chat window there will always be a bad side of the community, people will always find something to complain about or moan at people about, all im saying is its inevitable.
    Just to add i pay and play wow even though i find the pvp horid boring crappy , DS to me is the worst raid in history ive stopped raiding it. I pay and play for swtor even though its full of bugs the gtn is shit and ill buy and play gw2...shock horror to some people on these forums that cant play more than 1 yet devote there lifes to putting down a game and starting pathetic hate threads.

Deleted
    The game is free to play which is automatically an invitation for trolls, ignorant people, retards and whatever you may want to call them. And there will be a lot of them!

Already seen many people in this forum who think they are so much better than any other person from other games, especially WoW of course! Funny thing, which does makes me giggle at times, is that they are in a little subforum on a huge WoW fansite.

Best community I have ever seen and still is, is the one from DAoC and I have seen many communities. But GW2 will most likely, just as any other game, have an ignore list, and I hope it will be endless.

The only thing that cuts the "bad" people down a little is that they cannot really ruin or steal to many things for and from others and you don't even have to group with them! So that's great!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    The game is free to play
    It´s Buy to play, not free to play, diffrence

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    The game is free to play which is automatically an invitation for trolls, ignorant people, retards and whatever you may want to call them. And there will be a lot of them!

Already seen many people in this forum who think they are so much better than any other person from other games, especially WoW of course! Funny thing, which does makes me giggle at times, is that they are in a little subforum on a huge WoW fansite.

Best community I have ever seen and still is, is the one from DAoC and I have seen many communities. But GW2 will most likely, just as any other game, have an ignore list, and I hope it will be endless.

The only thing that cuts the "bad" people down a little is that they cannot really ruin or steal to many things for and from others and you don't even have to group with them! So that's great!
    Well it is technically not free and perhaps the entry purchase will stem the tide of deuchbags i know it will prevent most bots since everyone has gathering and nodes dont disapear to you till you loot it.

Also its an mmo site, with a subforum for various games that are not even rpg's like lol.

And it only posts wow news because the other game dev's keep a tighter collar on their data.