Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Why? Why wouldn't you want (former) WoW players playing and enjoying GW2?
    Because WoW quite frankly has a godawful community.
    The only reference I feel need to be done is the generalchat spamming of chuck norris jokes and "anal <insert skill here>".
    But I'm sure we'll get the honor of experiencing that in GW2 aswell because quite afew of them will atleast try the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luedieniel View Post
    Because WoW quite frankly has a godawful community.
    The only reference I feel need to be done is the generalchat spamming of chuck norris jokes and "anal <insert skill here>".
    But I'm sure we'll get the honor of experiencing that in GW2 aswell because quite afew of them will atleast try the game.
    I think it's more the case of "the Internet has a godawful community."

Like I mentioned earlier, how GW2's in-game community turns out depends largely on how successful it gets and how ArenaNet's moderators handle it.
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.

Deleted
    Can't be worse than LoL's. My skin has grown thicker by playing that game. I dare you GW2, throw me the worst assholes, I bet I've already played with them! Seriously, I don't care as long as there are some nice people to play with, and there always is. Ignore buttons are standard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Zed View Post
    Like I mentioned earlier, how GW2's in-game community turns out depends largely on how successful it gets and how ArenaNet's moderators handle it.
    Lets not forget its about how we are towards each other to, making it a great community is not only the mods/gms responsibility, but ours as well

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Zed View Post
    I think it's more the case of "the Internet has a godawful community."

As I posted earlier in this thread, the GW1 community is fine so I've got to disagree with the notion that all of internet is awful.

I'm not even expecting any kind of greener grass in GW2, but I'm certain I can locate enough decent people to play with to cope with the actually annoying ones.

This "blah blah we don't want wow scrubs blah blah" shit needs to stop. Guess what, almost every single one of you plays/played WoW at some point, that's how you got to this site. So the kettle says sup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Both to you and to desh, Your examples of the bad in the community, here i post how the game has a great community and in 2 short replies by you 2, you show me the bad side.

You are quick to insult call me names trash me with sexual harasment and talk about my mom. how childish you even call me naive.

I have never been to guildwars2 guru or any other site, my info comes from youtube and mmochamp.
    And the guildwars2 official site.

I see the design of the game to be very community based, and they have done many things to change how their game works from the rest of the rabble and design it to encourage a good strong bonded community.

PROVE ME WRONG!
    Lol? I called you naive because you are. I didn't say anything about your mother or sexually harass you as that is not the topic of the discussion. The fact that you think the community in this game will be amazing and awesome and everyone will hold hands and be friends is fucking hilarious. I think you've been watching too much of that show that is made for 4 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    You mean GWGuru actually moderates and bans trolls from their forums? Is that what the 'cool internet kids' call nazis these days?
    I related it to the gestapo because they only ban/delete posts of people they disagree with. They don't remove threads that bash every other game that isn't GW2 they only remove threads/posts that are made by people who disagree with the "general consensus". You would have a point if they removed everything bad, no matter what side of the argument they come from. You can call this selective modding if you want.

I should probably hang out there more often. Fuck all knows that I get sick of rabid entitlement kids on their rants about comparing putting pandas into WoW to systemic racism and kids like the poster above me that do nothing but repeat what was said to them as an attempt to be witty and clever with their flamebaiting.
    Ok. You do that. You'll be back to where sane people are in no time.

And as for the pic of the GW2 launcher... why the squabbling about ads? I don't see any ads on the thing. I don't see what the big deal is, and honestly if they put any sort of 'ads' on it it'd be for their in-game store promotions (ie "Xunlai storage panes on sale, buy a name change for 30% off this week") as they've always done with GuildWars. Because the game devs have stated time and time and time and TIME AND TIME AND TIME AGAIN that they're presuing the exact same profit model with GW2 as they did with GW1.
    It's nice you're trying to disagree with me but in posting this you actually agree with me. I raised this point and everyone was like "RAH RAH RAH WOW LAUNCHER FILLED WITH ADS GW2 WON'T HAVE ANY ADS IN THE GAME ANYWHERE RAH RAH RAH. GW1 HAD NO ADS RAH RAH RAH." Try reading the actual GW2 guru thread in question before writing a reply.

EVERYONE, needs to go look up "Selective exposure/Selective Dissonance". This is what this is about.
    Last edited by Desh; 2012-02-06 at 12:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Lol? I called you naive because you are. I didn't say anything about your mother or sexually harass you as that is not the topic of the discussion. The fact that you think the community in this game will be amazing and awesome and everyone will hold hands and be friends is fucking hilarious. I think you've been watching too much of that show that is made for 4 year old girls.
    Now this is an example of how we should not talk to someone, if we want to make a great community among us. but then again sometimes i think some people want gw2 to actually have a bad community. please stop bate for an argument >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Lets not forget its about how we are towards each other to, making it a great community is not only the mods/gms responsibility, but ours as well
    This can't be stressed enough. A community goes down the drain, because people allow it to. All you need is enough people, so you can reach a critical mass of niceness.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    a critical mass of niceness.
    This is what we all should strive after <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Now this is an example of how we should not talk to someone, if we want to make a great community among us. but then again sometimes i think some people want gw2 to actually have a bad community. please stop bate for an argument >_<
    You're right. I should have told him/her that I fucked his/her mother last night.

EDIT: Thanks for the ban. No need to infract people for not understanding what they are saying. Good job mods.
    Last edited by Desh; 2012-02-10 at 08:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    You're right. I should have told him/her that I fucked his/her mother last night.
    *pokes edgecrusherO0* yo over here.

Deleted
    Well, if you're planning on playing GW2 then this thread and your posts in it would seem to support your theory.

What an enlighteneing thread lol. Just don't be a jerk, pretty much what it comes down to. If someone is, ignore them. GW2's mechanics and features should help.

I'm also fairly sure Anet have said that more loot drops the more people participate, on the basis of every player actually getting more equally. I think it was in a video for the big 'ol undead dragon (whose name escapes me right now) that I heard this.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    What an enlighteneing thread lol. Just don't be a jerk, pretty much what it comes down to. If someone is, ignore them. GW2's mechanics and features should help.

I'm also fairly sure Anet have said that more loot drops the more people participate, on the basis of every player actually getting more equally. I think it was in a video for the big 'ol undead dragon (whose name escapes me right now) that I heard this.
    Tequatl the Sunless <333333

you are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Tequatl the Sunless <333333
    Ta brudda Not had ma coffee yet...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Ta brudda Not had ma coffee yet...
    Mmmm coffee <3 oh sry that is so OT <_<

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    This "blah blah we don't want wow scrubs blah blah" shit needs to stop. Guess what, almost every single one of you plays/played WoW at some point, that's how you got to this site. So the kettle says sup.
    So people in WoW are all the way through behaving well in the game? They're not elitist and refuse to take advice? They do not spam the generalchat/tradechat with complete and utter junk and they do not relocate to every single subforum bashing away at other games?
    The community in WoW has changed alot and it have not been changing for the better.
    Personally I actually think the community got worse in WoW when they introduced cross-realm LFD, obviously not the only reason but simply because that allowed the more obnoxious players more leaway with their poor behavior. Before the introduction of x-realm LFD you would usually find some people on the server that behaved poorly or just refused to listen. They'd rarely however get to join a group ever again but that's all gone now and people are simply worse than ever.

The phenomena is fairly limited to WoW tho, you won't see the same kinda poor ranting going on in generalchats of Daoc, Lotro, Rift, Swtor, AoC or GW1, yes there are the occasional bad eggs but hey, they get cut off fairly quickly. But if they want to join, hey bring them along.. after all, GW2 encourages cooperation far more than WoW does.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think that the community in Guild Wars 2 will probably be better than most other games; in fact, while I acknowledge that there will likely be a presence of trolls and other such undesirables to some degree or another, if all it takes for the GW2 community to be "the best ever" is for those sorts to make up the smallest percentage of the group as a whole, then I feel that the way the game is designed will actually lessen their impact to such lengths as to render their actions negligible—or at least minimized—to the point that they become discouraged and will not be able to get the pleasure of harassing people that sustains their desire to take part in any gaming environment, be it GW2, WoW, League of Legends or wherever else they've been successful in the past.

I definitely agree that what really allows for griefers to thrive is the anonymity afforded them by the sheer vastness of the playerbase as a whole, in conjunction with features introduced as of late such as name changes, server transfers, and anything that functions as a Looking-For-Anything mechanic, that helps lower the bar in terms of the expectations we as players have for one another. If all that surrounds you in cities, in dungeons and raids, out in the fields, and in pvp battlefields are vile sub-human mutant scum, you have no reason to think that things can ever get better, and likewise you have no reason to try to prevent things from getting worse through attempting to hold any of them accountable for their poor behavior.

We must always remember that we as the playerbase have a shared responsibility to police ourselves where we find the designers' and publishers' built-in methods to be lacking. Arenanet has done most of the work for us, creating a game where interrupting someone else's play experience is difficult, potentially requiring unthought of levels of premeditation to actually succeed. The community can only be as good as we want it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by luedieniel View Post
    So people in WoW are all the way through behaving well in the game? They're not elitist and refuse to take advice? They do not spam the generalchat/tradechat with complete and utter junk and they do not relocate to every single subforum bashing away at other games?
    You see this in almost any online game that involves interacting with more than 1-2 people, it's not unique to any particular game. Stop singling out one group over any others.