Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    first id like to point out that the OP is a grade 1 crafting mat

secondly id like to say i never could stand GWG.
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

The people on there going "AW MA GAWD THIS THUR IS SOOO MUCH BEDDA THAN DA WOW LAUNCHER!!" arent really comparing like for like. That screen is the login page. This is WoWs login page;

For all we know the launcher for GW2 could be a gazzillion adverts that you have to play a game of cat and mouse with to click on the play button. I'm sure it wont. Maybe there wont even be a game launcher. But some of the comments there are blatantly dumb, and just want to knock wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    I played and still play GW1. They don't advertise anymore because they don't need to. You have no idea how many promotions and ads they flung around for shit like the bonus mission pack do you? Considering the fact that MMOs back in 2003-2005 operated on different genre standards than they do now, GW2 is going to have no choice but to advertise out the ass to get a decent profit nowadays.
    you seem to have a much harsher standard of what constitutes too many adds. I'v played GW off and on since launch and the few ads they had were low key even compared to the standards of wow since the new cata launcher. generally its limited to a small text blurb at the login screen along with things such as event announcements and security warnings. As far as graphical adds now they only have a small special item ad around their store but even at their most add happy I dont recall more than something smaller than standard website banner ads on the login screen, wasn't even animated and was only advertising their newest product. I hardly call that flinging ads around.

Who is John Galt?

not sure what the topic of conversation is here; advertisements, crummy community, fan-ism or aesthetics...

very murky.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-02-04 at 08:36 PM.

There will never be a perfect game community, I remember when wow first started it had a great community for the most part, I mean there were always jerks and idiots around.

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    Would you care to PM me the topic?
    Not to be a dick (and I realise that he PM'd you already), but googling for "gw2 leaked launcher", #1 result is the thread you're looking for. Really.

Removed, I was so embarrassed by comment above so found it myself :P
    Last edited by MasterFSK; 2012-02-04 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleuh
    Since the invention of the internet, the Earth`s rotation has been solely propelled by english teachers turning in their graves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guru =/= the GW2 community

I don't necessarily recall anyone truly believing that the GW2 community will be absolutely perfect. If they conveyed it as such, I could say with 99% certainty that they don't believe it; they just wish it. Frankly, I think most of us believe that the GW2 will be better, but not perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    This whole topic made me laugh.

Advertising means nothing to me. Gameplay, race choice, class choice, and the general feel of an MMO is what I look for. I tend to watch tons of videos before I even touch an MMO (except with WoW, my brother played before me, and then got me into it). But there will always be bandwagon people wanting to denounce or pronounce a certain MMO.

lol those guys in that thread are not going to like Titan very much with its in-game advertising =p

In contrast to World of Warcraft, most MMOs have friendlier communities. Because they are smaller, by course the % chance of running into "meanies" is slimmer. Pretty safe to assume few games will ever reach the population density and ubiquity of World of Warcraft again.

Deleted
    All communities have bad people, and good, But with the way Anet is approaching things with the whole "you should never be sad over seeing another player ingame" it sure does have a better chance to not have quite so many douchebags around, and the whole thing, "we downed this and that before anyone else" wount be as a big problem as in most other mmo´s...i think.

True, they have basicly reduced the potential opertunities for griefing someone down to standard chat trolling and pvp ganking. Chat trolling is easily fixed with /ignore and even pvp ganking is much much lower. Not only is it limited to WvWvW but due to scaleing the target has a fighting chance, no lvl 80 runin around 1 shoting lvl 20's. Hopefuly they will get bored and go back to another game where its easier to stroke their Epeen's to epic proportions off the missery of others. I only hope that Anet is smart and not only makes the ignore list long but account wide. was anoying in wow to /ignore a pest only to have them make a lvl 1 to keep bothering you.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    I imagine the community being even worse, you know when a new mmo releases and the first month or two the community is just hell? people spamming about how good wow is or how bad it is well the thing that keeps them away after that is the subscription, rift occasionally has free weekends and even that brings the trolls out of the woodwork. GW2 has no subscription and i can just picture it being a constant 24/7 trollfest nightmare, communities nowadays are different to when GW first released :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilkie View Post
    I imagine the community being even worse, you know when a new mmo releases and the first month or two the community is just hell? people spamming about how good wow is or how bad it is well the thing that keeps them away after that is the subscription, rift occasionally has free weekends and even that brings the trolls out of the woodwork. GW2 has no subscription and i can just picture it being a constant 24/7 trollfest nightmare, communities nowadays are different to when GW first released :P
    And that is where /ignore is very handy to have

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    And that is where /ignore is very handy to have
    as long as the list is not limited and hopefuly account wide I agree

Frankly pilkie the subs dont keep the trolls away. I have to turn off general on the fleet in SWTOR and always had general/trade turned off in wow because they were a total cespool of the worst trolling ever. while tor falls under your first month or two heading wow's been like that for ages. As for rift I remember it being relitivly bad to begin with but alot of folks tried it and dumped it. some come back for free weekends because its free stuff on a limited time offer so folks jump on it while it lasts, they also show up all at once because of this. GW2 on the other hand is always free if you have an account so there's no special event to draw them back all at once. Those that want to troll constantly will just end up on everybody's ignore list or get their account baned.

Who is John Galt?

Yea, always turn off general chat. Even in Aion, after all these years, people are still making lame half baked WoW v. Aion comments. For f--- sake, people.

Oh and let me relate what I heard in city chat this morning on Icecrown-US; Warcraft is dying apparently.

Also, according to Rift general chat in 1-49 bracket; TOR is dying.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-02-04 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkie View Post
    ill have to agree unfort,, when a new game first comes out...the trolls , gold sellers, and bots over run the place as fast as they can..and it requires a huge effort from the game providers to keep them in check..after a while the bots and gold sellers can be taken care of..and the trolls get bored and find new people to harrass..and then game settles down into whats considered normal for that game...i for one am not looking forward to haveing to use ignore 1000 times a day to block gold sellers for the first few months..but i will if i have to

Deleted
    After reading this post, I can see why GW2G is so harsh on its posters.
    Threads like these can get out of hand really quickly.

About the launcher: I have never been bothered with WoW's launcher, so if GW2's launcher is going to be the same, it's fine with me.

About the community: Please remember that you are a part of the community aswell (this counts for everyone obviously).
    If you don't like the community, then do something about it.
    Instead of discussing whether the GW2 community is going to be good or not, try to make the community better yourself.
    Try to be friendly, stop discussions from getting out of hand, don't feed the trolls.
    I'm not specifically talking about this thread, but about every thread you will participate in in the future.

Anyone can change the direction a discussion is going, be it for the better or the worse.
    And it's up to the community (and obviously the moderators) to stop a discussion from going the wrong way.

PS. Do have some faith in the community.
    It's never going to be perfect, but that doesn't mean it's going to be terrible