Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Great idea and I look forward to testing it out ^^
    Feel free to test it out now, you are on EU realms right?

Deleted
    Bump so people can see this, and request for sticky, this is a brilliant idea for the community.

Deleted
    not sure if i should post here or mail you,
    still i post:
    getting this error when opening the registration email (firefox9)

A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1054

Unknown column '3B1809406912' in 'where clause'

UPDATE account SET status=1 WHERE status='0;' AND account_id=129%3B1809406912

Filename: /var/www/openraid/controllers/users.php

Line Number: 153

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozzna View Post
    not sure if i should post here or mail you,
    still i post:
    getting this error when opening the registration email (firefox9)
    I'm reading this, the forum, my e-mail, so doesn't matter where you post it, I'll read it regardless

Hmm this has been reported before but I haven't found the issue. I'll try to fix it. For now, please try filling in the number in the email on the site (you can copy/paste it).

EDIT: actually I found the problem, and fixed it. The link should now work Was a browser compatibility issue.

Thanks for the report

---------- Post added 2012-02-05 at 05:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Suntwat View Post
    Bump so people can see this, and request for sticky, this is a brilliant idea for the community.
    Woo, thanks!

BTW: made a Twitter account and added a button to the homepage so you can keep up with the latest
    I'll be posting whenever big changes are made from now on.
    Last edited by mmoc85539ee516; 2012-02-05 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Added Twitter account

Another bump and sticky request because the idea and execution are both awesome !

Deleted
    You may want to not show this detailed error information to users.. it leads to problems Just mention that something went wrong, and log the error.

Deleted
    I went to the site yesterday to give this a test and signed up for a raid. It went really well, made some new friends from another realm, had some fun and agreed to go again next week. Once the raid finished I was able to rate the players I grouped with from the site. This was my first raid so far from the site and I think it has great potential, looking forward to my next run. Give it a try
    Last edited by mmocba81197ec1; 2012-02-05 at 11:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For this to work, you should implement a moderated qualifying system, and let others comment on peoples preformance. This will bump up the success rate alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    looks awesome but cant find any raids im eligble for?! When I do a specific search I see plenty hat m ilvl, spec apply to!

NVM, you should add in when you first valify your account to add RealID or you cant find any raids ><

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    For this to work, you should implement a moderated qualifying system, and let others comment on peoples preformance. This will bump up the success rate alot.
    Aye, some kind of karma system might be nice as well. E.g., if many people in a raid rate one person and agree that he played pretty well, and one person says he sucked, that person might be trolling. He might have legitimate concerns, but if this one person keeps disagreeing with everyone all the time odds are he's probably trolling Thus his votes will start to have less weight, ensuring that he can't drag legitimate players down.

Considering you're from holland and a developer, I assume you know www.tweakers.net, they use a similar system (albeit far more complex I bet).

I've always said the dungeon finder needs a similar system...

Amazing, Thank you

Was just looking for something like that

Perhaps you could add an option to make an event recurring, so ppl dont have to keep on making the same raids everytime if they are going to do it on a weekly basis

If anyone's intersted i made a raid for achievement runs ( naxx / ulduar / ICC ) etc should be doable through cross realms
    Last edited by O 2; 2012-02-06 at 08:24 AM.

I didn't really try to find solution but is there a reason I can't attend any of the raids while my char surely matches all the requirements?

10+ Year Old Account
    Requires registratation for even "readonly" access.

You are loosing A LOT of potential users because of it.

Personally I just closed the page when I realized that there is no way to use it without registration. And believe me, I was one of the many.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post

Personally I just closed the page when I realized that there is no way to use it without registration. And believe me, I was one of the many.

This basically

This is what i write
    http://gyazo.com/5a9668c4e47ebd94d7bf9f0cff5b7d74
    And it doesn't find anything ;> Added lvls etc, didn't help.. did i miss anything?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by O 2 View Post
    Perhaps you could add an option to make an event recurring, so ppl dont have to keep on making the same raids everytime if they are going to do it on a weekly basis
    Good idea, I'll definitly work this in. Added this to the todo list!

Quote Originally Posted by Noetical View Post
    NVM, you should add in when you first valify your account to add RealID or you cant find any raids ><
    You can only find raids on your realm unless you enter your real ID. But I'll make the message clearer - it's a bit confusing. Only raidleaders for raids you sign up for can see your real ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    The plan is to have a few moderators indeed - but for now I want to keep it as automated as possible
    The plan is to add a comment system for users as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zephiris View Post
    I went to the site yesterday to give this a test and signed up for a raid. It went really well, made some new friends from another realm, had some fun and agreed to go again next week. Once the raid finished I was able to rate the players I grouped with from the site. This was my first raid so far from the site and I think it has great potential, looking forward to my next run. Give it a try
    Thanks! It was a great run indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Olafski View Post
    Aye, some kind of karma system might be nice as well. E.g., if many people in a raid rate one person and agree that he played pretty well, and one person says he sucked, that person might be trolling. He might have legitimate concerns, but if this one person keeps disagreeing with everyone all the time odds are he's probably trolling Thus his votes will start to have less weight, ensuring that he can't drag legitimate players down.

Considering you're from holland and a developer, I assume you know www.tweakers.net, they use a similar system (albeit far more complex I bet).

I've always said the dungeon finder needs a similar system...
    We have "reputation" which is a little bit like Karma on Tweakers (ofc I know it indeed) , but for now it's limited to feedback from users. There will be a more complicated calculation to prevent trolling, I have some ideas on that. But good ideas! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    I didn't really try to find solution but is there a reason I can't attend any of the raids while my char surely matches all the requirements?
    Probably no raids on your realm - try enabling Real ID under 'account'. I'll make the message clearer so that it states this. It's a bit limited right now

Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post

Agreed; this is a feature that we simply need to have. Do keep in mind that this is only a beta - there are a lot of features that we still want to add But yep - this is in the top 3 of my list

Quote Originally Posted by madmessias View Post
    This is what i write
    http://gyazo.com/5a9668c4e47ebd94d7bf9f0cff5b7d74
    And it doesn't find anything ;> Added lvls etc, didn't help.. did i miss anything?
    Try enabling real ID under Account If you tick 'only raids X can attend' it's also restricted by realm. Perhaps I should clarify this more on the site, too. Only raidleaders for raids you sign up for can see your real ID.

Thanks everyone for all your feedback! We're working hard to improve OpenRaid, and before we launch we're going to have a lot more. Over the weekend we added a lot of functions already, but all ideas are welcome! Check it out over the next few days, it's improving a lot every day.
    Last edited by mmoc85539ee516; 2012-02-06 at 11:48 AM.

Deleted
    not receiving activation e-mail ;/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aceventura View Post
    not receiving activation e-mail ;/
    Which mailprovider are you using? Did you check your spambox, and too, and have you tried the resend button when logged in? If that doesn't work I'll manually activate you while I sort it out.

---------- Post added 2012-02-06 at 08:51 PM ----------

For those who asked: right now it's possible to sign in as guest! For those that were sceptical - try it out. Remember that this is a rough feature still as it's new and this is still a beta.

The followlist is indefinitly empty as you can't write (this is a dummy account), I'll think of something funky for that later. But you can browse raids, characters, etc. Check it out! You don't have to fill anything in, it's a link on the homepage.

Deleted
    used gmail instead and got instant answer. ty

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aceventura View Post
    used gmail instead and got instant answer. ty
    No problem perhaps a server hiccup caused it, I'm not sure

Anyway for those in the US, you can try it out now as well, as guest for now.
    I should have a proper US version ready within the week.