Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I think British shows appeal to their audience where American shows appeal to what they think is their audience.
    That, dear sir, is the problem with most American television in a nutshell.

    I really wish I could get behind the scenes and see the differences between US and UK TV corporations...
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Potions View Post
    I'm just extremely happened they didn't go ahead and start making the Sherlock US version with Lucy Liu as Watson, i mean.. really? how did they ever think that making watson a girl and giving the character a sexual relationship with Sherlock was a good idea. They shut it down before the cameras even started rolling.
    Everything I've read indicates they ARE still making this horrible idea of a remake. I've even seen pictures of Lucy Lui and Johnny Lee Miller in costume.

  3. #43
    The Lightbringer Firebane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a Bordeaux vineyard
    Posts
    3,859
    Torchwood : crap.
    Life on Mars : a travesty compared to the origina, which was awesome (seriously go and watch it it really is that good).
    The office : I prefered the Uk version, but people are kinda on both sides here.
    Red Dwarf : crap.
    Top Gear : the American hosts are the most annoying and loud people I've ever seen, even more than Jeremy Clarkson, and that's saying something.

    The Only Fools and Horses remake will be a joke and complete failure; or maybe it will do average for a season and die, having lost all comedy and gone "gritty" with drug dealings going sour or *shudder* stoner humor. Either way it won't end well.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-10 at 07:39 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    I second this; any US version of Doctor Who would be completely atrocious. As for one, I cannot see Moffat agreeing to work on a US version. I'm still mildly disgusting at the fact that CBS are re-making Sherlock, setting it in New York and changing Doctor Watson into a woman.

    Why CBS, why?
    What ???? Why was I not told sooner.
    MUST RALLY THE TROOPS.

    For serious: Sherlock is great great greeeeaaaat. Please don't ruin it with Jane Watson or whatever you're calling her CBS you bloody hamfisted cretins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I'm just being a smart ass at this point.

  4. #44
    Epic! Skizzit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ~De Geso!
    Posts
    1,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Torchwood : crap.
    Life on Mars : a travesty compared to the origina, which was awesome (seriously go and watch it it really is that good).
    The office : I prefered the Uk version, but people are kinda on both sides here.
    Red Dwarf : crap.
    Top Gear : the American hosts are the most annoying and loud people I've ever seen, even more than Jeremy Clarkson, and that's saying something.

    The Only Fools and Horses remake will be a joke and complete failure; or maybe it will do average for a season and die, having lost all comedy and gone "gritty" with drug dealings going sour or *shudder* stoner humor. Either way it won't end well.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-10 at 07:39 PM ----------


    What ???? Why was I not told sooner.
    MUST RALLY THE TROOPS.

    For serious: Sherlock is great great greeeeaaaat. Please don't ruin it with Jane Watson or whatever you're calling her CBS you bloody hamfisted cretins.
    Yeah the US Life on Mars was terrible. I like Harvey Keitel and all, but he is no Philip Glenister. And the guys they got for Ray and Chris were all wrong. Really the only part I did like was Gretchen Mol as Annie. She was pretty good. Need to watch Ashes to Ashes as well. Not quite as good as Life on Mars overall, but Gene Hunt is even more of a badass. Plus, the Quattro!

    I don't think the US Sherlock is quite a remake of the UK one as it is just a similar idea. To modernize the Sherlock Holmes stories. Still, it most likely will never be as good as Sherlock. God damn, that series is so amazing.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I don't think the US Sherlock is quite a remake of the UK one as it is just a similar idea. To modernize the Sherlock Holmes stories. Still, it most likely will never be as good as Sherlock. God damn, that series is so amazing.
    The Sherlock Holmes stories (the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ones) are now part of the public domain, so technically anyone can do anything they want with them. The reason everyone is calling it a remake is because CBS approached the guys at BBC (don't remember names, but the people who make Sherlock) and tried to negotiate a remake. They weren't having it, so CBS decides "well then, we'll just do our own reboot, so there!" lol

    The guys behind Sherlock have stated they'll be watching CBS like a hawk to make sure they don't rip off any of their intellectual property.

  6. #46
    I'm open for many interpretations of Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett's will forever remain the best) but I can't imagine watching one that takes him away from London (if the american version even intends to do that). Non-Brit Downey Jr. playing Holmes is one thing, moving the setting to the US would be super lame.

  7. #47
    CBS IS planning to move the setting to America, but Holmes will still be from England.

    Here's a quote from cbs:
    Elementary will see Johnny Lee Miller’s Holmes – breathe easy, everybody, he’s still English – as a former consultant to Scotland Yard whose drug addiction brings him to a rehabilitation center in NYC.

  8. #48
    The Lightbringer Firebane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a Bordeaux vineyard
    Posts
    3,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I'm open for many interpretations of Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett's will forever remain the best) but I can't imagine watching one that takes him away from London (if the american version even intends to do that). Non-Brit Downey Jr. playing Holmes is one thing, moving the setting to the US would be super lame.
    Not to mention making John Watson a woman.

    Also, do they think they can compete with the BCC's version ? Because if they can, they'll have made the best show ever². Seriously Sherlock really is that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I'm just being a smart ass at this point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •