Heroic ultraxtion raid comp question

I have a quick question guys , we just downed heroic yorsajh last night and were wondering if our raid comp is viable for the 6 cooldowns needed for the hour of twilights , What cooldown rotation would we need to use and when with this raid comp :

Prot pally , Feral tank , Disc priest , Resto sham , Surv hunter , Boomkin , Ret pally , demo lock , ele sham , combat rogue.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Exposedz; 2012-02-04 at 10:28 PM.

I can't speak for the other classes but a demo lock cannot soak without a life saving cd. Destro can though if he/she uses netherward and has the aoe proc it for the extra 30% reduction of shadow damage.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you got a good setup, although for the cooldown rotation its a bit tricky.

You got the rogue who can cloak it / combined with the ret pally's bubble.
    Tank (major CD) + hunter (deterrence)

And for the 3rd soak i dont have a clue actually.

During my own raids we roll with:
    Feral druid (tank) with a major cooldown + mage: cauterize or iceblock
    Myself (prot warr) with the DK, Icebound fortitude + shield wall 4piece
    Shadowpriest + rogue: cloak / dispersion.

Thanks for the input , but that 3rd one is our problem lol any ideas anyone?

Deleted
    Your boomkin can take one with pain suppresion + barkskin. I'm only doing this once tho as pain supp has a higher than 2min cd.

I'm a Moonkin and I soak in Bear Form with Barkskin and Frenzied Regeneration. After each hit I have around 60k HP left which was plenty. If Frenzied Regeneration is on cooldown, ask a Healer for a cooldown (or a Warrior to do Rallying Cry - which I see you don't have anyway).

So would this rotation work

1: Rogue , Cloak + Pally bubble
    2. Paladin tank + Hunter deterrence
    3. Druid tank + Boomkin bear form + barkskin and frenzied
    ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodpad View Post
    I'm a Moonkin and I soak in Bear Form with Barkskin and Frenzied Regeneration. After each hit I have around 60k HP left which was plenty. If Frenzied Regeneration is on cooldown, ask a Healer for a cooldown (or a Warrior to do Rallying Cry - which I see you don't have anyway).
    Also viable, but killing boomkin dps seeing as you need to be topped after popping frenzied - therefore popping bear form + frenzy in time to allow being topped.

Here is a cooldown rotation.

1st Hour of Twilight: Prot Paladin + Rogue with cloak of shadows
    2nd Hour of twilight: Ret Palain with Gyphed divine protection and Prot paladin's hand of sac + Feral Tank
    3rd Hour of Twilight: Boomkin with barkskin and ret paladin's hand of sac + Hunter with deterance

Just repeat this. The ret paladin could also use divine shield the second time so the prot paladin would not need to use hand of sac again. You can also use the priest's pain suppression instead of one of the hand of sacs.

Should do. The Moonkin will need a cooldown the second time he goes out if Frenzied is on CD (and will probably be more beneficial to stay in Moonkin form for 20% less damage on that soak, as Bear Form is only being used for the big HP Frenzied Regeneration gives you).

Quote Originally Posted by Exposedz View Post
    So would this rotation work

1: Rogue , Cloak + Pally bubble
    2. Paladin tank + Hunter deterrence
    3. Druid tank + Boomkin bear form + barkskin and frenzied
    ?
    Barkskin barely saves my druid tank on normal , and frenzied only increases health and does a hot ( or 30% healing increased if glyphed ) , so a boomkin won't be viable unless he gets something like pain suppersion or anything like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodpad View Post
    Also viable, but you need to be topped after popping frenzied - this kinda gimps the dps.

Deleted
    Heyo, iv done this fight with a similar raid comp and heres what id do:
    id have the prot paly and the survival hunter go first, pala use a cd like guardian and hunter deterence
    then id have the rogue cloak with the feral druid use survival instincts or unglyphed frenzied regen
    then id have the paly bubble last, hand of sac the boomkin while bubbled. maybe a 4 set from a tank will also make it work

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exposedz View Post
    Prot pally , Feral tank , Disc priest , Resto sham , Surv hunter , Boomkin , Ret pally , demo lock , ele sham , combat rogue.
    1) Tank + rogue
    2) Tank + hunter
    3) Ret + Boom (use PW:B and Divine Guardian)
    6) Ret + Boom (bubble + Hand of Sac)

That should cover it, especially with priest shields and the 10% health from your shaman healer. If you have issues just throw more raid CDs into the 3rd one and Pain Supression into the 6th.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your ideal rotation would be Pally tank (major CD)/Hunter deterrence > Rog cloak/Pally bubble > Boomkin Barkskin + Frenzied regen/ Bear tank major cd

Thanks for all the responses guys , will try all these tonight!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyxis86 View Post
    Your ideal rotation would be Pally tank (major CD)/Hunter deterrence > Rog cloak/Pally bubble > Boomkin Barkskin + Frenzied regen/ Bear tank major cd
    Your "ideal" rotation lasts for only the first 3, after that the pally bubble is down. What do you do for HoT #5 and #7? The weakest soakers (in this case Holy Pally and Boomkin) need to be HoT #3 and 6, and 3 needs to be the one without bubble so that bubble is up for 6.

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    Barkskin barely saves my druid tank on normal , and frenzied only increases health and does a hot ( or 30% healing increased if glyphed ) , so a boomkin won't be viable unless he gets something like pain suppersion or anything like that.
    Well, i am a moonkin, i specced into perseverance and soaking without problems with our warr tank intervene on me. I usually end up at 40% hp with barkskin and intervene
    lvl 85 troll druid - Balance pvp&pve, resto pvp&pve
    lvl 85 troll mage - Frost/Fire
    lvl 80 troll rogue - Ass/Sub
    lvl 80 troll shaman - Ele/resto
    lvl 85 orc hunter - Sv/MM

Live the good side of life, think optimistic, they aren't going to nerf you <xD