Page 1 of 3
LastLast

If Anet did a dev blog on any topic

What would you want them to talk about?

I'd want them to talk more about how they plan to keep PvP competitive while keeping it reasonably balanced for lower skill levels (the majority of the players), and their long term plans for PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    What would you want them to talk about?

I'd want them to talk more about how they plan to keep PvP competitive while keeping it reasonably balanced for lower skill levels (the majority of the players), and their long term plans for PvP.
    I'd like to see them do some more blogs over races, and/or a post over what races they think they might add to the playable list in the future!!

However, i'd be interested in reading anything they put a blog over, but the whole race thing is the thing i'd be most interested in.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I'd like them to talk about how regularly they plan on releasing patch updates and whether they'll be using huge service fees on things such as server transfers or class and name changes to help cover their operating costs

And speaking of covering operating costs, if we can expect 1-2 "expansions" a year rather than large content patches
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throrion View Post
    I'd like them to talk about how regularly they plan on releasing patch updates and whether they'll be using huge service fees on things such as server transfers or class and name changes to help cover their operating costs

And speaking of covering operating costs, if we can expect 1-2 "expansions" a year rather than large content patches
    Server transfers have already been said to be free, and name changes were pretty cheap in GW1, so they'll probably be about the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I would like them to do a full blog on WvWvW and explain how servers earn points to win, what the rewards are going to be, what objectives are on each map, How do map caps work, how do resource caps work, can the main keep be invaded, how do respawns work, how does changing servers effect WvWvW, etc.

I'd like to have some idea on what we can expect in continual updates for PVE dungeons and possible elite DEs or "heroic areas". Basically, I want more info on what their long term PVE plans are going to be and how often am I gonna get new dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I would like them to do a full blog on WvWvW and explain how servers earn points to win, what the rewards are going to be, what objectives are on each map, How do map caps work, how do resource caps work, can the main keep be invaded, how do respawns work, how does changing servers effect WvWvW, etc.
    +1 but I'd also like to know the lore of WvWvW as well. If I'm not mistaken, some of the rewards are supposed to be server wide, so there would have to be a reason to fight agaisnt parallel Tyrias.

I would to hear more about elite DE chains for lvl 80 characters. And also about how they intend to ensure people see these...such as will there be ominous rumblings beneath the earth etc, town criers reporting an epic event.

We're going to see WvWvW & Traits next, but not necessarily in that order. Then a blog on Guilds and after that who knows.

15+ Year Old Account
    I won't lie, I just want a release date at this point. Update on traits and skills would be nice.

15+ Year Old Account
    More guild system information!

Bear in mind this is only my opinion, or 2c worth, if you like.

Whilst there are many many topics we probably all would like to hear much more about (and that isn't to suggest that there hasn't been a lot of information already - there has), and despite my rampant desire for more information on almost any topic, I'd almost rather they be allowed to concentrate and work on releasing the game.

In before folks tell me they're separate departments and so on (yes, I'm sure they are, but you're talking about Dev blogs, and a developer can either work toward release or write a blog) <grin>

Now, if they were to write a blog with some firm ETA's on Beta, open Beta (a.ka. when schmucks like me can download and play) and release dates, well, THAT would be a productive use of a Dev's time ;-) <grin>

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Man View Post
    Bear in mind this is only my opinion, or 2c worth, if you like.

Whilst there are many many topics we probably all would like to hear much more about (and that isn't to suggest that there hasn't been a lot of information already - there has), and despite my rampant desire for more information on almost any topic, I'd almost rather they be allowed to concentrate and work on releasing the game.

In before folks tell me they're separate departments and so on (yes, I'm sure they are, but you're talking about Dev blogs, and a developer can either work toward release or write a blog) <grin>

Now, if they were to write a blog with some firm ETA's on Beta, open Beta (a.ka. when schmucks like me can download and play) and release dates, well, THAT would be a productive use of a Dev's time ;-) <grin>
    I don't necessarily disagree, however a blog on WvWvW, revamped Traits, and Guilds are an absolute must.

10+ Year Old Account
    Systems design!

(I don't mean your PC or requirements )

Don't care what it would be about, I just want to hear them talk about how much they love their own game.
    Lately I feel like there's been too much "This is a great tool for making money" in the video game industry as oppose to "I LOVE this, this is why I'm working on this."

(Again, in the video game industry. Not talking about MMOs specifically here.)

More info on WvWvW it still seems very ominous to me. I'd also like to hear about high lvl pve since that's one of my main interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Traits traits traits traits.

Deleted
    Area events, how do they work!?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freehoof View Post
    Traits traits traits traits.
    This!

Also, platform/tools for running local tourneys. As I'm running events for more than 500 people quite often I would like to know what kind of support they have for me.

Deleted
    Atm I can only think of info on traits and their estimated release date/open beta.