Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbee13 View Post
    +1 but I'd also like to know the lore of WvWvW as well. If I'm not mistaken, some of the rewards are supposed to be server wide, so there would have to be a reason to fight agaisnt parallel Tyrias.
    WvWvW is in an area known as The Mists, which is otherwise known as the Afterlife in lore, basically all participants are dead fighting in an endless war.

Here you go http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Mists
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_versus_World
    Last edited by MKing; 2012-02-05 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though I'm absolutely horrid at any sort of PvP or competitive anything, I really want to hear more about how they plan on supporting GW2 as an E-sport. I'd love to hear about the sort of freedoms players have in regards to creating matches and how any sort of spectator or "replay" modes will work. I can only imagine how much fun going over matches with friends similar to Starcraft II would be.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

I want to hear more about dungeons. I would really love an in-depth look at one of the dungeons (story-mode and explore-mode) because it's one of the things that I know so little about besides what I've read in a few articles floating around. Video footage would be awesome, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanor View Post
    Even though I'm absolutely horrid at any sort of PvP or competitive anything, I really want to hear more about how they plan on supporting GW2 as an E-sport. I'd love to hear about the sort of freedoms players have in regards to creating matches and how any sort of spectator or "replay" modes will work. I can only imagine how much fun going over matches with friends similar to Starcraft II would be.
    Last thing i heard rumored they were going to be doing like monthly tournament play for like a $1000 prize pool.

Here's all i could find.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pvp
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Structured_PvP
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Party

---------- Post added 2012-02-05 at 04:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    SNIPE
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dungeons

If you didn't hear Anet is awesome and let any fan located in Seattle into their studio to play the game.
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/guild-...-day-its-here/

^ Yeah, I've seen that video before but didn't really get much from it. You can't really tell what's going on since it switches around so much. What I would love to see is an actual run-through of one of the dungeons, but that probably won't happen since it would give too much away about the mechanics and such of the fights. Still though, I can hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    SNIPE
    Yeah, that's the only one i could find, that video was in story mode as you can tell with Eir and Rytlock helping the players.

IDK what happened with it but there was a video from fanday from arenanet that was exactly what you were asking them doing catacombs explore mode with 5 engineers.

10+ Year Old Account
    They said there would be, what, 8 dungeons on release? I think we've only seen a preview of one of those. I'd like to see a preview of a level 80 dungeon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freehoof View Post
    They said there would be, what, 8 dungeons on release? I think we've only seen a preview of one of those. I'd like to see a preview of a level 80 dungeon
    No, alot more than that, they have only shown us like 8 but there will be more, but there will also be 3 80 dungeons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    No, alot more than that, they have only shown us like 8 but there will be more, but there will also be 3 80 dungeons.
    No, Freehoofs right, we have only been told about 1 dungeon, Ascalon Catacombs (or something similar). In total there are 8 dungeons at launch (3 of which are available at 80), each of which have a storymode and 3 explorer modes, so a total of 32 dungeons paths.
    Last edited by mmoc77cd96e260; 2012-02-05 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I would to hear more about elite DE chains for lvl 80 characters. And also about how they intend to ensure people see these...such as will there be ominous rumblings beneath the earth etc, town criers reporting an epic event.
    Pretty much this. I want to know what 'endgame' will be like. When we've done so many dynamic events in our time playing that the majority of them aren't fun anymore. I want to know how often they'll be adding new DEs and in what quantities. Basically, I want to know if I can play every day and never get bored.

Beyond this, just more info on WvWvW. It all seems under wraps to me, and I can't wait until they do a full article on how point systems, resources, and bases work.

10+ Year Old Account
    To reassure me that I'm not dreaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ Yeah, I've seen that video before but didn't really get much from it. You can't really tell what's going on since it switches around so much. What I would love to see is an actual run-through of one of the dungeons, but that probably won't happen since it would give too much away about the mechanics and such of the fights. Still though, I can hope.
    A walkthrough video with commentary including at least one boss encounter would be amazing. Especially if it were done in exploration mode (hard mode). How well the group dynamics work out is probably my biggest concern with the game. I know how they described it will work out, but that doesn't mean it will work out like they say.
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.

If they had a dev blog...sorry had to stop there...you mean a dev blog like this one?http://www.arena.net/blog/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengel View Post
    If they had a dev blog...sorry had to stop there...you mean a dev blog like this one?http://www.arena.net/blog/
    I think the intent of the question was more, "What would you most like to see them address in their blog?" Not "If they had a blog, what would you like to see in it?"

Yes, I would like to see what OP suggested

I'd be really interested in learning about their design philosophy regarding PvP and whatever PvE content they have.

Which is why I ask this question, what endgame PvE content does this game have? I know it doesn't have the typical raiding model, which to me is a good thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I'd be really interested in learning about their design philosophy regarding PvP and whatever PvE content they have.

Which is why I ask this question, what endgame PvE content does this game have? I know it doesn't have the typical raiding model, which to me is a good thing.
    There is info about this in one of the stickies here, but in a nutshell:
    - there are few top level dungeons (5man) with explorer mode which is THE hard difficulty where you can get very unique skins for your armour and weapons
    - multiple massive elite DEs in which you can participate, it actually involves quite a long chain of smaller DEs where you work on achieving the goal (unlocking world boss) with other people. Everything works parallel and simultaneously, for example there are few scattered events accross the zone which have to be completed to unlock the next phase, so it's NOT like you are doing "event a-then b->then c" etc, all those events can be completed at the same time. So for example your guild can send one group to defeat the cultists and the other one to build catapults.
    - elite high level zones, where you can find top crafting recipes/materials, karma (non trade-able currency gained through completing DEs) vendors with more unique skins or consumables
    - achievement system with many, many different challenges rewarding titles, pets, skins and all the vanity stuff you need
    - basically whole game is an end game. Remember how in WoW when you reached max level, but missed few zones and didn't have incentive to go back because one-shoting everything got bored very quickly? In GW2 you are scaled down to the level of the zone you are in, so while you still have small advantage by having new skills you didn't had before, you can't go around killing everything with farts - content stays challenging. Plus, you can change appearance of every weapon armour so if you liked that sword in low level area, you can go there, get it and use it cause you can transfer the stats - all this while you feel you achieved something because the content was still challenging

Actually there is much more, like: exploration, crafting, mini games (bar fights!) etc. So no, you will not be bored at max level .

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post

Currently 8 dungeons with 1 story/easy mode and 3 explorable/hard modes each, with each playthrough having the potential of different encounters based on DEs. DE chains throughout the world will still be available as you will be scaled down so the events are not steamrolled by level/stats alone, not to mention elite DEs which are said to be considerably more difficult than the typical DEs one encounters while leveling up but I haven't read much about them. Achievements/mini games/etc is another option. I feel like I missed something but this is what I recall atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    There is info about this in one of the stickies here, but in a nutshell:
    - there are few top level dungeons (5man) with explorer mode which is THE hard difficulty where you can get very unique skins for your armour and weapons
    - multiple massive elite DEs in which you can participate, it actually involves quite a long chain of smaller DEs where you work on achieving the goal (unlocking world boss) with other people. Everything works parallel and simultaneously, for example there are few scattered events accross the zone which have to be completed to unlock the next phase, so it's NOT like you are doing "event a-then b->then c" etc, all those events can be completed at the same time. So for example your guild can send one group to defeat the cultists and the other one to build catapults.
    - elite high level zones, where you can find top crafting recipes/materials, karma (non trade-able currency gained through completing DEs) vendors with more unique skins or consumables
    - achievement system with many, many different challenges rewarding titles, pets, skins and all the vanity stuff you need
    - basically whole game is an end game. Remember how in WoW when you reached max level, but missed few zones and didn't have incentive to go back because one-shoting everything got bored very quickly? In GW2 you are scaled down to the level of the zone you are in, so while you still have small advantage by having new skills you didn't had before, you can't go around killing everything with farts - content stays challenging. Plus, you can change appearance of every weapon armour so if you liked that sword in low level area, you can go there, get it and use it cause you can transfer the stats - all this while you feel you achieved something because the content was still challenging

Actually there is much more, like: exploration, crafting, mini games (bar fights!) etc. So no, you will not be bored at max level .
    Sounds so very different than the current model. (log on once or twice a week and raid the same raid for 6 months)

Definitely going to enjoy that, especially leveling with friends. =0

WvWvW

all that matters
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock