Help with H Spine 3rd plate?

Tonight we lost a server first because of healing aggro. Yes, healing aggro. I could punch a wall.

We get so close to lifting the last part of the 3rd tendon, but we are just overwhelmed by bloods. Tanks are having a hard time keeping them off healers near the middle of the 3rd plate. It's not like we're healing any differently, just harder. Tanks don't know what to do to increase their threat on the bloods so that they stay off healers. We have AoE threat going out everywhere, but near the lift, healers are pulling 5-6 bloods off tanks by just standing there doing their job. Can anyone give advice for this...? Are we missing something?

Just bashed our heads into this fight for 4 hours tonight running into the same shit. What the hell are we doing wrong?

This is 10m.

Tanks:
    Blood DK (on amalg)
    Prot Pally (on bloods)

We had DK kiting bloods, but that gave us more threat problems than the paladin kiting them. Now paladin is kiting them and DK somehow has enough aggro to pull them off of him. Makes no sense. It's driving me insane.

I Don't Suggest Kiting, Specially After the Nerf...
    Just Nuke the Shit Out of Em,When Ever You Can!
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/cqoro...=11479&e=12215

We popped hero on the last amalgamation to just burn the shit out of it!
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIf6dUwLB5Y

Prot pally (me) kitting Bloods at the end, you have your amalg tank standing near the plate and the healers BEHIND him so he gets things with his aoe. The pally stuns and be good with CD managements and/or uses a life grip, he tries to grab loose bloods when they are near him, but his job his to keep the mass of them away. watch our P3 and if you have a question about our strat/anything, just ask, (also what is your healing setup?)

Deleted
    The bloods don't inherite aggro anymore do they, think I read that in the blues. That should help a little.

A holy paladin can mass stun when they come around, ensuring the prot paladin can add a little extra aggro, each time he passes the raid.

Ibra, we have a disc priest (me), paladin and shaman healer. How are you not getting shit on when he tanks the bloods at the front of the plate? Does he have a dedicated healer?

soyzan, we are using both paladins to stun. Tank stuns at one end of the spine, healer at the other so the tank doesn't get smashed when he has to turn around.

Been talking with the raid leader and we have improvements for our current strat that we feel will make the kill, but if it doesn't work, Ibra's strat looks interesting. It's nice to get a chunk of those bloods out of the way.

I posted this in another thread but it could be of help. IF you have great burst dps i.e you were able to get the pre-nerf tendons down in 2 lifts with seconds to spare, you could try killing the very first tendon in one lift with bloodlust, cds and pots.

In my experience, this trivializes the fight by giving you an extra 6% of health to work with and less bloods on the 3rd plate. We just really tried it for kicks and it seemed to work very well, almost accidentally killing him on the first pull of the night. However, we weren't consistent with the burst damage and often fell short by 200k to 1m so we switched back to the "normal" way of doing it for our kill.

Definitely worth a shot if you can consistently pull it off.

He doesn't tank 10 thousand bloods, only a few (enough to get the amalg to 9 at least) and I do my very best to pick up the rest. at that point, we had the pally sitting on the debuffs, (with holy light -> heals the target, himself and the tank with beacon. But other spells if needed) Our disc priest was on the main tank with bubbles and heals, but he was also healing the debuffs and our druid doing everything at once.

We tanked the amalg with a feral druid in full kitty gear and spec, they don't hit hard and a DK is able to heal himself. if his CD rotation is good, the few bloods on him won't be a problem and his self-heals should be enough, they hit for 7-8K each and he shouldn't have enough to be a problem (if the pally tank can grab as many as he can when he is close to the plate in his kitting. Also, notice how I use GotAK when I'm close to the plate in my kitting? this gives about 10-12 seconds where I just grab bloods to remove pressure, at the end of that, I stun them, run in the back, call for life grip and we pretty much kill it I use all my other CDs during my first stop on the other side of the spine to stay there and wait for Diminishing returns to go away. Army of the dead is really good for that last burn as they taunt a shit load of bloods.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrr View Post
    I posted this in another thread but it could be of help. IF you have great burst dps i.e you were able to get the pre-nerf tendons down in 2 lifts with seconds to spare, you could try killing the very first tendon in one lift with bloodlust, cds and pots.

In my experience, this trivializes the fight by giving you an extra 6% of health to work with and less bloods on the 3rd plate. We just really tried it for kicks and it seemed to work very well, almost accidentally killing him on the first pull of the night. However, we weren't consistent with the burst damage and often fell short by 200k to 1m so we switched back to the "normal" way of doing it for our kill.

Definitely worth a shot if you can consistently pull it off.
    It doesn't seem like burning the first tendon down with one lift is worth it, at least when it comes to bloods. The first plate contributes almost nothing to the overall amount of blood during the encounter and you can easily mop up almost all the blood anyway at the start of second plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    It doesn't seem like burning the first tendon down with one lift is worth it, at least when it comes to bloods. The first plate contributes almost nothing to the overall amount of blood during the encounter and you can easily mop up almost all the blood anyway at the start of second plate.
    It gives you more HP to survive killing more bloods on the 3rd plate. It seemed to work very well for us.