10+ Year Old Account

Lightsaber Colours

Hey All,

I'm just starting a new character - a sith inquisitor and for when i get my awsome double edge lightsaber
    how do i get the colour to be purple or yellow any colour to red is it anything to do with an alignment?
    Thanks in advance!
    WoW6000

Deleted
    Red - dark side, blue/green - light side, rest is for any side afaik. With the Artifice profession you can create any color crystal, but you can only use them if you have the correct alignment.

What Pent said, plus as you level you can buy some from Commendation vendors at the Fleet. Orange is another Dark Side only color.

I don't think you can make the purple ones though. The only place I've seen purple color crystals are Columi weapons in which they are embedded and Champion weapons. And then there you have the magenta adegan crystal which can be made into a light red/pinkish color crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Orange is another Dark Side only color.
    90% sure no.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Orange is another Dark Side only color.
    My level 12 Jedi Shadow is still neutral and has orange.

Green and Blue are light 1 and higher light
    Red is dark 1 and higher
    Yellow and Orange have no alignment requirement and are usuable by everyone
    Purple is Imperial tier 2 gear ....columi for pve and champion for pvp
    Cyan is the purple version for Republic
    Black with Red glow is Imperial tier 3 ...rakata and battlemaster
    Black with Blue glow is the Republic tier 3
    White isnt in the game yet and was in beta only altho there was someone that found a way to exploit the game to get a white one.

Magenta - usable by everyone and is world boss drop for the pattern the gem for the crafting recipe has some tricks to get it.

Black with yellow glow is the pre-order crystal
    there is a collector edition color i'm now sure off
    Green with Black glow is for ppl that purchased stuff from razor.

That is all i know of currently

Of note, all the requirements people speak of are requirements to equip the color crystals. Some items also have a requirement, but that is unrelated. For example: I find an item that says it "Requires Light III or above." I am Light I, but I want the green color crystal of lots of stats. If the color crystal is removable, I can still remove it and use it.

There are also some early (i.e. low level) blue and green crystals that appear to not require Light I, but are unusable by Dark I or above. The opposite goes for low level red crystals. I don't know if there are higher level crystals that act like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Armond View Post
    90% sure no.
    100% No.

The only alignment ones are:
    Dark Side - Red
    Light Side - Blue and Green

Upon reaching Dark Side rank 1, you will not be able to use a blue or green crystal. You are still fine if you still have the weapon, but you won't be able to reuse that crystal. Same with Light Side and red crystals

Quote Originally Posted by fainflinn View Post
    Magenta - usable by everyone and is world boss drop for the pattern the gem for the crafting recipe has some tricks to get it.
    For a guide on obtaining the Magenta Crystal, check out this Advanced Magenta Crystal Guide.
    Last edited by ohnoto; 2012-02-05 at 02:19 PM.

If your overall alignment is neutral, you can use any colour crystal.

Green and Blue are forbidden to Dark Side rank I and above, Red is forbidden to Light Side rank I and above.

Purple, Orange, Yellow are all unrestricted based on alignment.

You get your double bladed saber if you choose assassin as your advanced class so about lvl10

there is a collector edition color i'm now sure off
    no there is not

Quote Originally Posted by Egga View Post
    no there is not
    The only special colors I have seen is the one for Pre-Ordering, which goes to all, no matter which version of the game they bought. Then there is also a special green one if you have bought a piece of the SWTOR Razor gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just to clarify there ARE some blue/green sabers you can get and use as Dark side. Current Dark 3 and am using 2 blue sabers. Most of the commendation vendors have a neutral saber, and the colour is often blue. If you take the crystal out you can't use that crystal any more, but as long as you just use the saber as is you can have blue.

What canuk said orange is actually 4 dark side but if comes from comm vendors ur fine less ya remove it, So red orange = dark Blue/green = light
    Pink and yellow = any1

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenshadows View Post
    What canuk said orange is actually 4 dark side but if comes from comm vendors ur fine less ya remove it, So red orange = dark Blue/green = light
    Pink and yellow = any1
    Even if you remove it lightside can still use orange crytals. I have yet to find an orange with a restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenshadows View Post
    Pink and yellow = any1
    i think you have a lightsaber that requires Dark side points, the colors Orange and Yellow are neutral.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...urs-*Spoilers*

See the above link has all the info you need about crystals.

Deleted
    Green and blue cannot be used if you're dark 1 or above.
    Red cannot be used if you're light 1 or above.

All others can be used by anyone. Orange and yellow can be crafted by artifice (as well as red, blue and green). Purple is from various dungeons (hardmode 4-mans and operations, as well as their respective vendors) as far as I know, there may be additional sources for them.

Orange crystals are not restricted whatsoever. Any artificer can make them as well, so that is neutral just like yellow. However it is only obtained at a certain level.

Orange colors can be found on lightsabers bought from vendors republic side too and I think few of those were "dark side" required. If any.

-an artificer who used orange as a lvl 5 lightside shadow at lvl 49.
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2012-02-05 at 11:13 PM.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by fainflinn View Post
    Purple is Imperial tier 2 gear ....columi for pve and champion for pvp
    I don't get why people are saying there are 3 tiers in this game already. It's stupid. Tionese, Columi, and Rakata gear all share the same tier bonus and wear 1 Tionese, 2 Columi, and 1 Rakata will still give you the 4 piece bonus. It's one fucking tier. Call them 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 if you must differentiate using numbers.

If this stupid naming convention keeps up, SWTOR will be at tier 20 before the first expansion.
    ಠ_ಠ