Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    WoW also isn't the only game I play pretty much any game that I play still takes up the same amount of % the CPU thats in this PC is the one that it came with about 4 years ago so I think thats what needs the upgrade but, its not going to be going in this PC im building a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnan View Post
    I can't say I ever heard of the brand Rosewill :/
    Doesn't make it a bad PSU by default, but going for a better brand (Corsair, CoolerMaster, etc) would be my choice. Getting a bad PSU can ruin your entire system.
    Rosewill is Newegg.com's house brand label, for everything from chairs and knives to computer parts, including PSUs.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    WoW also isn't the only game I play pretty much any game that I play still takes up the same amount of % the CPU thats in this PC is the one that it came with about 4 years ago so I think thats what needs the upgrade but, its not going to be going in this PC im building a new one.
    Yeah just get yourself a nice P67/Z68 mobo, i.e. ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 (really inexpensive but a GREAT board)
    i5-2500K if you can afford it, if not an i3-2100 will hold you over.
    1.5v RAM like the RAM you linked. (8GB - 2x4GB sticks)
    Use the 6870 I believe you said you already have.
    Get a nice 550-650 watt PSU. Make sure it's 80+. Any brand that I listed earlier will do you wonders.
    Think that's all you need. Do you need a new computer chassis?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Yeah, I linked one with the bad PSU lol

10+ Year Old Account
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    This is actually a falsification sir. Times have changed since the earlier days of WoW. Back in WotLK I believe it was, WoW was optimized to use up to I believe 60 threads, thus improving its ability to use a 4 core CPU even better. This is no longer the case with WoW only using 2 cores/threads and no more. It uses 3+ cores very efficiently and I would love to be able to show you a screenshot of how it used to be for me last Spring/Summer when I first got my 2500K system. Set the affinity of WoW to use all cores, shabam, it's using the first core just barely more than the last 3, however it was using all of them, and it was damn beautiful how fluid it was. (I have long since quit, otherwise I'd get you a SS.)
    Do not confuse threads with core utilization. I have WoW affinity on all 4 cores and occasionally I see a small spike on a third core BUT the overwhelming activity is on 2 cores. Even if you slow your CPU to buggery ( I did to check it out) so it needs more CPU horsepower it will still not utilise the extra cores....and yes it is running 56 threads...but only executing 2 threads at a time......ie the 2 cores..and yes it does change the cores used. The affinity just allows it to use the core, it does not dictate that it will....it all depends on how the developer optimized the program.

Haha, I didn't even notice that the case was Rosewill too I must have a bad habbit of picking out bad name stuff lol. While you're here I got a question, what about my hard drive will I be able to use it in the PC im making or am I going to have to buy one of those too?
    Last edited by Last Attempt; 2012-02-05 at 07:45 PM.

HDD's are universal and as long as you got an IDE/SATA cable and your motherboard has the connection slots for it, it will work just fine.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Last edited by Last Attempt; 2012-02-05 at 07:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you have a way to get Windows and be sure to back up any important stuff on your current HDD, as you will have to wipe it clean if you want to use it to boot Windows on your new machine.

You could also just invest in like a 40-64GB SSD to install Windows 7 to and then have your old HDD with all the old information on it and not have to wipe it clean.
    "A flower.