Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    I can run SWTOR on Ultra everything with an average of 40 FPS; I'm presuming I should be fine for GW2?
    Short answer: Yes. Long answer: ANet has had over a decade of experience with their engine, purposefully develops on old hardware, and tests the game on video cards so old that they have to get them off ebay. Also, TOR isn't exactly a crowning achievement from a technical perspective and is overall is a poor benchmark.

I wouldn't worry if you can't push Ultra. I think even high - very high will still look gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    For guess work system specs I'd look at other recent MMO's aswell. Like Rift, SWToR and Tera. All of them have "mid range" PC specs really like what Anet is aiming for, SWToR is more demanding than the rest for minimum specs but is still on lower side of todays standard.
    SWTOR is sketchy. I'm not game bashing, but their engine is faulty and gives me a headache. Some days and some places I get brilliant fps and other days/places I can't even move, even when there's not many people around.

So yeah I don't know if I want to use TOR as a basis to judge if I can play GW2. People keep saying good things about GW2, but I remember being told that I'd be able to play TOR easily on mid settings, and not lag on the lowest settings.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    SWTOR is sketchy. I'm not game bashing, but their engine is faulty and gives me a headache. Some days and some places I get brilliant fps and other days/places I can't even move, even when there's not many people around.

So yeah I don't know if I want to use TOR as a basis to judge if I can play GW2. People keep saying good things about GW2, but I remember being told that I'd be able to play TOR easily on mid settings, and not lag on the lowest settings.
    Looking at recent MMO system specs has nothing to do with the engine the game uses. You're looking at the system specs to get an idea of what to expect for GW2 system specs is all.

I can run SWToR on ultra, but for some reason it frys my graphics card even though more demanding games don't. I would say Rift/Tera would be better if you want to test your PC against specs, but I listed SWToR aswell since I was only talking about system specs, and not using one as a test method.
    Last edited by mmoc233041c6ce; 2012-02-06 at 12:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickz View Post
    Meh, if I can run skyrim on Ultra I should be fine with GW2... :P
    This is the basis that I'm pretty much working off. I'd like to upgrade, but at the moment I'm running Skyrim on Ultra so don't see any need. Though that could change when I mod the hell out of it and triple the filesize... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    I wouldn't worry if you can't push Ultra. I think even high - very high will still look gorgeous.
    ^this.
    think i've read on some interview their intent for the graphics was to have it still look nice even at lower settings. ofc you may be missing some eye-candy effects here and there.

ppl should stop blind-guessing what the min-reqs will be until Anet actually provides a beta client or lifts the NDA so b-testers can actually tell us.