So I'm bored with SWTOR, would I enjoy Rift PVP wise?

Oh and, any tips from the insiders?

Quote Originally Posted by Duncano View Post
    Depends. It's a very marmite experience I think. Low level is great, but once you hit 50 it might be tough while you gear up (but given recent changes, maybe not). I enjoy it, but that's because I PvP with guildies, and there is a lot of world PvP on my server which I love.

What do you enjoy about PvP? What kinds of PvP (1v1, small competitive, battlegrounds, open world, etc)?

if wow and swtor dont fancy you then rift would be my next suggestion and if you dont like rift then you got tera and/or GW2 coming out this year..

Its Ok, they added in a bolster system, rank 8(40) geared people will still tear you a new asshole.

but it is good queue wise, since if a faction has a lower population at the time you queue, you can be placed on the opposite factions team as a Mercenary.

the battlegrounds are fun though, some feel unique whilst others are copies of other MMO's warzones.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Depends. It's a very marmite experience I think. Low level is great, but once you hit 50 it might be tough while you gear up (but given recent changes, maybe not). I enjoy it, but that's because I PvP with guildies, and there is a lot of world PvP on my server which I love.

What do you enjoy about PvP? What kinds of PvP (1v1, small competitive, battlegrounds, open world, etc)?
    I'm fine grinding for a bit, has it's own perks. Guess I'll join with some of my PvP guildies too. I like it all to be honest, besides 1v1 I guess, cause I prefer team-work. Any imbalance in game? OP classes? Long queues maybe?

---------- Post added 2012-02-05 at 07:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
    if wow and swtor dont fancy you then rift would be my next suggestion and if you dont like rift then you got tera and/or GW2 coming out this year..
    Yea, left wow ~2 years ago, SWTOR is just boring now...

I'm generally not big on PvP, but I found myself doing the daily warfront more often then not. I also like Rift's system of 'reusing' an existing Warfront to avoid having a dozen different queues that end up increasing the wait time for everyone.

Deleted
    I like it all to be honest, besides 1v1 I guess, cause I prefer team-work.
    I'd definitely give it a try then, i rarely find myself in 1v1 situations and the beauty of large group pvp is that most classes can find a little niche to fill. The queues even at lower levels are pretty much instant since the latest patch and i can't really think of any massive imbalances.

Deleted
    I've never enjoyed PvP in any MMO before.
    For some reason I do enjoy it in Rift, especially since last patch.

There is alot of open world pvp going on since people don't stand around in their faction city all day long.

If you will enjoy it or not I don't know.
    The only way to find out is to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Depends. It's a very marmite experience
    yeah I agree, very marmite. rift pvp is very interesting and if you aren't familiar with it, it will keep your attention for months as you learn the intricacies. its more about timing your spells and terrain, team position, whereas other games are about getting bigger crits with better gear than your opponent, or LOS behind a pillar. rift has levels of terrain where you can LOS from the top of a cliff to wait for cd's, so not just them chasing you around a pillar, but they have to climb the mountain to get you in melee. then you knock them off, or they knock you off with spells. interrupting is important, and a lot of spells are focused on armor reduction, draining mana, anti-caster, anti-tank (special attacks which proc and can't be blocked or parried) theres a lot of pve objectives in warfronts balanced with pvp. you can strictly kill players while 1 person carried the "flag" its not all about defending that flag carrier, because he has escapes, like sprint or jumping ahead 15 meters, things to break CC stuns. his own CC to get away.

I think rift pvp is quick to learn but challenging to master. like chess, or any other game, you know to move your queen, but theres a vast skill differential in how and when you take certain actions that lead to significantly better results.

pvp just got overhauled because rank 8 gear scaling was killing low ranks quickly, so they didn't have time to coordinate strategy. now theres mercenaries filling your queues at your rank, so should usually be people of identical gear ranks fighting as it uses same ranks from other faction.

really there's room for various play styles and build styles. character customization is awesome and fun, and now that you don't need to invest your points in pvp tree, you can use whatever build you want.
    Last edited by Runintowalls; 2012-02-05 at 08:41 PM.

Deleted
    With the major overhaul Trion did to pvp in the last patch, it became very enjoyable unlike the zerg party it was before for the higher ranks vs lower ranks.

You can stand your ground to a certain point. The gear difference is still there and noticable, but not as huge as it was, and survivability has been improved alot. You won't just die in a stun/silence/critter anymore if you have the basic pvp gear sorted, but you can and will die. Some warfronts you'll be steamrolling the other team, some others you'll be steamrolled and then there'll be alot of games in between where there's an actual fight going on and you can say the teams played well, but the winners played it even better. (I will not mention the 999/1000 defiant win in library ...damn you ) That's from the perspective of my R33 mage (former R7) in the 28-40 bracket. Havin' a good time killin', healin' and waiting for the res at my own graveyard!

I think you'd enjoy it more and more as you worked your way up the ranks and got the pvp attunement done. But try it, the low level warfronts are much like level 50 warfronts now, with the twist of having all skills available. So Rift Lite or a free weekend would be a good call before you buy it.