Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Shield - 5k Defense
    Guardian - 2k Defense in 1 Life
    Paladin - 10k Defense in 1 Life

Are all pretty easy to get too, aoe taunt in a group of people and you should pretty much get all 3 in 1 try. Then there's another medal for 50k defense, it's not too difficult to get, you just need to remember to use your taunts all game.
    easiest to get in Voidstar. I regularly get 100k+ defense. Highest was around 250-300k I think.

Get to level 50 then say that Marauders need a buff please... Because a (edit: should've said geared, they're gear pretty gear dependent) Marauder or a Sentinel that knows how to play will destroy any class. As a rank 60+ Juggernaut, the class i have the most trouble with are geared Marauders/Sentinels.
    Last edited by Bane123; 2012-02-05 at 10:35 PM.

Imo Juggs and Guardians are like warriors in vanilla WoW, Not sure on sent and mara but.. As soon as i get a knockback i get kited and im dead :P but.. if i can get in and throw some nice hits around. I can easy get a person down in a few seconds it just takes practice imo, ofc there are classes in set Bgs what own the hell out of them. Sorcs / sages own Huttball as they can always get high and range you dead. In Voidstar my force guardian can cleave 5people for 3k + crits (level 45 atm) and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    sorry but if your playing a faceroll match then yes it is very easy to do so. I play on Swiftsure where I am sure Vizzle can testify the Republic means buisness. I rarely have time do do anything else BUT heal in most matches. Taking time to throw damage or anything besides CC or healing can mean my teamates die. To be an effective healer we should not have to sit there and pew pew for medals. I find it messed up I can hit 400k+ healing done and only get tops like 3 medals for doing that.
    Are you talking about a premade or PUG? If it's premade, just make sure your friends MVP you and you'll make it up (each MVP vote counts as 1 trophy, if 3 of your team mates MVP you, it'll be like you ending up with 6 trophies)

If you're talking PUG, then who gives a fuck. Heal when you can. I usually go for trophy first and then winning because I want mah valor rank ups, son! Heal as much as you can, but also throw up some DPS. It's so easy to get the 2.5k damage trophy on a Scoundrel/Op, so why the hell not? It's not like doing damage will make you useless, it'll just make you a DPS guy for a bit.

---------- Post added 2012-02-05 at 11:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    An Assassin has a tank tree, so they get some basic tanking tools baseline. Every Assassins gets these, and they can use those on top of their dps to get some extra medal you cannot get as a pure dps.
    Same applies to, for example, Sorcs. Who can get healing medals even if they are purely geared and specced for dps.
    Yep, when I'm on my DPS Sage, it's easiest thing in the world to get the 2.5k heal trophy, just cannibalize your HP, pop the 60% crit buff ability and heal yourself once. BOOM! Insta-trophy! I've also gotten 75k healing trophy many times on my DPS Sage while I'm protecting a turret in CW, I just canni my HP and heal myself until I get trophy. I usually end CW with at least 8 trophies on my Sage.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    I've seen some good marauders/sentinels doing very well. I think it's a L2P issue, honestly.

It's not an "accessible" class, I'll give you that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane123 View Post
    Get to level 50 then say that Marauders need a buff please... Because a (edit: should've said geared, they're gear pretty gear dependent) Marauder or a Sentinel that knows how to play will destroy any class. As a rank 60+ Juggernaut, the class i have the most trouble with are geared Marauders/Sentinels.
    Unfortunately, being good in 1v1 combat doesn't help Marauders with their trophy and usefulness problem in WZs.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Oh, well i see some getting around 7-9 at 50. So idk what to say.

Even saw one get 75k+ healing in one, don't know how he managed that lol

10+ Year Old Account

Probably a Biochem dude, Biochem let's you get the 2.5k and 5k healing trophies. BW said they were going to remove that though.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Marauders and sentinels can spec into a group heal/hot type thing can't they?

Marauders absolutely DESTROY when geared/played well, I meet some that get 3 shot by me and others that are almost unkillable and crit me for 4k+. Specially if they havesomeone healing them

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't compare medal counts with sins because we can abuse the system heavily. I back up my medals with performance but I could easy just play for medals on my sin and not contribute anything to the WZ. It was even worse when medpacks counted towards healing medals. Easily 11 medals. Marauders are fine, though I hear they are harder to player than say a sin. A sin's vices are its squishiness (if you are not a tank) and know how to combined all of your tools.

---------- Post added 2012-02-05 at 09:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    Marauders and sentinels can spec into a group heal/hot type thing can't they?
    Yes and its amazing in pvp if you are selfish.

---------- Post added 2012-02-05 at 09:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Unfortunately, being good in 1v1 combat doesn't help Marauders with their trophy and usefulness problem in WZs.
    Leaps and group healing? Now being as squishy as operatives and sins? Bloodlust?

Don't complain about balance until you're a geared 50.

---------- Post added 2012-02-06 at 10:56 AM ----------

Probably a Biochem dude, Biochem let's you get the 2.5k and 5k healing trophies. BW said they were going to remove that though.
    No, Biochem medpacs don't give you medals.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    I'm 43 at this moment and doing just fine. I don't have Execute, instant 30 fury skill, 15% damage increase buff; from talents - extra rage, 3% accuracy and increased offhand damage for even more Annihilate damage. Also playing on a laptop with 20 FPS in warzones and lags.

Last warzones:
    imgur.com/a/bC6CC#0

I was 2,6k+ rated Warrior in 3v3 in wotlk and early cata.

And I think Marauders are OP. When left unchecked, we rain more obliteration on republic then a Grav Round/Tracer spaming Troopers/BHs. When we do get checked by the republic - force camo, 80% sprint (spec Annihilation and leave the noob spec - Rage - for noobs), 99% damage reduction, 20% damage reduction for entire fight.

Group utility is superb - every class has a 4 second stun, while we're the only class with group sprint, group 15% damage and healing increase and 20% healing debuff.

Also class is kinda fun. When playing my 50 Sorcerer or 50 Powertech, it was boring - barely any skills to use. Now with Marauder in a thougher fight I press atleast 32 different buttons.

Deleted

We get loads of Fury as Annihilation spec (4 for using rage spender and 2 for getting hit every time), at 30 we pop Berserker - we heal 18% for ourselves and 6% total HP for other three other people.

---------- Post added 2012-02-06 at 05:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    They can get more medals than Marauders.

Pure DPS miss out.
    Yes pure DPS misses out. I posted a suggestion on official forums: swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=269887[/url] for a pure DPS medals. Please bump that if you think it's fair.

I have been playing non stop pvp with my marauder for the past 2 weeks, must start with saying that i do understand the OP's frustration. Till the point where you want to be, there is absolutely nothing that you can hold on to, you are nothing but a ping pong ball. This will test your patience and desire towards a warrior game play, and i mean it.

I will give some information about my hero first so that you can have a rough idea of how many warzones or pvp encounters i have been in so far and learn about the gear level that i am at. I managed to get around valor58 as i type this, still missing about 6 pieces of champ quality gear.

Now on to my opinion about the marauder class, must say that scaling bites the warrior, yet again. The class it self, with the gear that i have already which is not slightly close to end pvp gear, is still capable of making me feel that the character will literally get out of control with the end game pvp gear + a guard buff and a healer next to it. I am 100% sure that this class however, needs more thinking then some other out there, no offense, what so ever. There is always an edge, here and there, and you should look at the brigther side as a marauder, what i am saying is, you will wreck em apart given the patience and dedication.

There are some marauder pvp guides out there, on the offical forums if i am recalling correctly, must say i learned few tips from there, including perfecting my spec. You should definetly check it out AFTER getting level 50. Fix your spec to Anni. Pay attention on that guide about the usage of Force charge, and force Camu, you use them wrong and careless as you use a charge in wow, in theory you are already dead before your charge lands, if the player is a good one.

On to marks;
    Indeed another down side of marauder, or is it now ?

Now lets talk about a lvl X --> 50 "ok" geared Marauder, which medals he can grasp;
    *Killing blow
    *2.5k single hit ( Expertise adrenaline might be necessary, or i would recommend rage spec )
    *75k damage done
    *10 enemies killed

Now from this moment, it will take more struggle however these 2 are still reachable;
    *1v1 won
    *25 enemies killed ( The reason is, a weak marauder is spending most of his time so to say, "corpse running", might not be able to participate in 25 kills )

So it is right here the edge, you can only get about 4 medals without the hussle as a marauder, nothing else. While also reminding that an amateur marauder will go ahead and die in a matter of seconds without the knowledge all the time in a warzone, you can pay some attention to death counters at the end of your warzones if you encounter an "ok" geared marauder on your adventures.

Now a geared marauder however, with the right spec and right presence of mind goes on and takes more;
    *5k single hit
    *75k healing done ( Bleed effects which Annihilation spec has plenty, heals all close party / ops members for 1% per tick, 2% on self. )
    *300k damage done

Now that is 9 medals in total, i must say that even if i am not there yet as gear and skill wise,i can confirm that those 9 medals are going to be so freaking easy with end gear. There is also the defense medal that does exist in every WZ but usually depends the way you play them. 2 defense medals on CivilWar.
    There is also another optional medal that can be gained from spending 7 talent points in Rage tree, getting Payback talent to simply get 2.5k single heal medal on self.Though i don't recommend breaking your cookie cutter anni spec for a medal.

Now to back up OP's point of view, i hope that this post can help some to understand that to get to a level where you can feel satisfied as a marauder is taking a lot of patience and dedication and there is almost nothing to hold on to ( a bright side ) in pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    -2.5k Hit is easily doable, everyone can get that.
    I have never gotten the 2.5k hit on my Powertech, ever. My railshot which is my highest burst damage ability, requires a DoT on the target and has a 15 sec cd I think deals at most 1900 damage at the moment to other players. I'm lvl 50 and have quite a bit of champion gear, I think it was 250-300 expertise last time I checked.

I have at most received 9 medals in a warzone:
    - Killing blow
    - 1v1 combat kill
    - 75k total damage done
    - 2k guarded without dying
    - 5k guarded in total
    - 10k guarded without dying

I think the rest are 10 and 25 enemies slain, can't remember the last one.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2012-02-06 at 04:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Don't compare medal counts with sins because we can abuse the system heavily. I back up my medals with performance but I could easy just play for medals on my sin and not contribute anything to the WZ. It was even worse when medpacks counted towards healing medals. Easily 11 medals. Marauders are fine, though I hear they are harder to player than say a sin. A sin's vices are its squishiness (if you are not a tank) and know how to combined all of your tools.

---------- Post added 2012-02-05 at 09:42 PM ----------

Yes and its amazing in pvp if you are selfish.

---------- Post added 2012-02-05 at 09:44 PM ----------

Leaps and group healing? Now being as squishy as operatives and sins? Bloodlust?
    I must have missed it. What group heals do Marauders have?

Honestly, complaining about balance in low level PvP is trite. Warrior/Knight ACs shine with better gear because they scale well with it. BM and Champ marauders absolutely melt face. And ease of acquiring medals is in no way a measure of utility or skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    That's why I almost always give my mvp vote to the healers since I know they get shafted.
    Ditto, I usually see dedicated healers receive 3-5 MVP votes - the community's way of saying "Hey, we know you are getting shafted by the current system so here's a boost from your 3-5 medals up to 6-10 like the rest of us who can play well".

---------- Post added 2012-02-06 at 04:28 PM ----------

You've done almost 1/3 more WZs than your lower level Assassin alt yet you are still valor rank 26 when the Assassin is almost valor rank 30.

Yep.

Marauders could use a PvP buff, BW. I average 4-5 medals a fight on my Marauder who is 34 while my 30 Assassin averages 7-9.

In fact, out of all my alts (Sniper, Sage, Scoundrel, Jugg, Assassin, Marauder) my Marauder is by far my weakest PvP character and the one which I feel the most useless on in WZs. My Jugg is awesome at guarding the ball carrier and protecting turrets, same with my Assassin who is extra awesome because he knocks ball carriers off and saves the day all the time. My Sniper is basically like my Marauder except with a 35 meter range and better burst. My Scoundrel is a healer, sooo, you know he's MVP most of the fights, same with Sage.

My Marauder is just a light armored melee dude with 1 good ability, Force Leap, and that's pretty much it. The entire class is dependent on that 1 ability that isn't even up most of the time when I need it. Pretty lame. I have fun playing him though, so I don't think I'll shelf him, but I don't see that class ever being my go-to class of this game.
    Have a look at Klinda's (clinda) channel, I know he did a guide a while back on how to max out your medals as a marauder, I think he showed how to get 12? I think a few of these things have been nerfed, as is a 50 playing in a 10-50 bracket - but you should be able to get a fair chunk of medals as a marauder, you just have to go hunting for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.

Marauders/Sentinels are fine (only when geared though), if you're not looking for medals.

I usually get about 6-7 medals per match.

That being said I've seen an Assassin get 14 (FOURTEEN) medals yesterday. /wrist

Quote Originally Posted by Zik3l View Post
    Have a look at Klinda's (clinda) channel, I know he did a guide a while back on how to max out your medals as a marauder, I think he showed how to get 12? I think a few of these things have been nerfed, as is a 50 playing in a 10-50 bracket - but you should be able to get a fair chunk of medals as a marauder, you just have to go hunting for them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdXF2_YZVgE
    - medpack heals do not award medals anymore, so that's -2 medals
    - 5k crit is VERY hard to get unless you're a battlemaster, -1 medal
    - 300k damage depends on your team a lot (and enemy team)
    Last edited by Grable; 2012-02-06 at 06:52 AM.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.