Deleted

Close Guild friend in the Hospital

Hello mmo-c,

This is probably not the best site to post this on, but I would like to get some feedback/advice on the matter.

So an old guildie of mine is apparently in the hospital as we speak he has '' a hole in his heart '' as his friend mentioned.
    The person was in the guild I'm currently in, but since the realm exhausted he transferred to a different realm.
    We added each other to real-id tho but we haven't spoken that much after especially since I semi quitted and well he is in the hospital apparently.
    Normally this wouldn't bother me that much, but ever since I heard it I have been thinking about it every day now.

It just feels weird and it feels as if its happening to a close friend of mine.
    I don't really know how to act should I call the hospital should I send an email or whatever.
    I'm pretty clueless to be honest. I don't know if he is in a near death state or if he's just in the hospital getting better.
    If he's in a near death state, then I doubt he will even get my email or card or whatever.
    So I was thinking about calling the hospital to talk to him a bit. Problem is the friend who posted this all in an application is pretty much not reachable.

So what do you think I should do? Is it weird to feel this as if he's a close friend to mine?

I will post the quotes from the friend that said it so you all have a better idea of what has been said.

Sorry for my late answer but i was kinda busy with some Rl things.

Well he has a hole in one of the chambers of his heart. The correct name i don't know but i know it's something that is stuck in the family but was never been seen. But due to stress it's getting bigger and bigger and if this keeps getting bigger then he needs a new heart.He isn't in stage "3" like they say it's the stage when you are really sick and got only like 2 weeks or so. He is in stage "2" so not sick enough to be on the list so kinda sucks right now. He is sleeping a lot. But he said that you guys need to rock Ds and that he won't forget the time he had with you guys specially with his close guild '' friends''
    not going so well. Had some kidney failing this night. I was allowed to see him for like 10 mins today and that was it. After 18 years of friendship and playing soccer 3 times a week together almost chilling every day together i can see him 10 mins. But ye. To veroxa he said : '' now he can take my sister for sure " dunno why he said that lolz :d
    they are holding him into a sleep so his heart can rest and the hole doesn't get bigger. So he can't do anything. If this ain't improves his status or he doesn't get accepted by the board of transplantation then it's not looking good for him. They can make him a little bit better and buying him some time but without a new heart it's kinda hopeless.

Call and try to find out what his condition is maybe? Who knows you might be able to talk to him.

Deleted
    Send him an email, and depending on how close you are (not that close I guess since you don't got contact anymore) call him...

Either way, if he can't appreciate the effort you put in contacting him to see how he is (even if it isn't much)...than he doesn't deserve it anyway. I'm pretty sure he will like it though, nothing gives more support to a person than knowing people care about you.

Deleted
    Definatly send him an e-mail TO START OFF.
    I know the feeling, you have to encourage him to stay strong and hopefully he'll be cured. Start off with an e-mail saying who you are and wishing him the best etc.
    If the doctors think he recuperated enough then you could probably give him a phone call about he's doing and this and that.
    Love is the key to everything.

Deleted
    The problem is I don't if he will read the e-mail.
    He might be in a to bad situation to even do anything.
    I also have no information to contact him.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalowings View Post
    The problem is I don't if he will read the e-mail.
    He might be in a to bad situation to even do anything.
    I also have no information to contact him.
    Then you're sol if he doesn't read that email. Maybe try sending a pm to the friends account he made on the guild site to inform you about this? IIRC some of them sites will email you when you get pm's from other users.

Oh and thanks for making me tear up a bit with your first post

Deleted
    I did havn't hear from the friend that applied anymore even though me made a new application.
    I hope he does see my pm tho or else im pretty much handed to the hands of god.
    Ahwell let's hope its not as much of a big deal that i think it is.