Poll: What edition of GW2 are you getting?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I prefer collectors edition, but If I can't pre-install etc so I'm ready to go the second servers go live then I'll go digital download instead.
    I don't know why, but I always prefer hard copies :P

Deleted
    First time ever I'm gonna get a Collectors Edition, just have to get myself first in line! Don't wanna waste any time waiting in a shitty line :P

Actually, Digital Collector's Edition would be ideal for me. Like Rift had. Get all the goodies, EGA and fast access without the box copy. I always lose game discs and don't give a wit about a paper map or Asura skull paperweight.

Just want to download, acquire all the bonuses right away and tear into gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Asura skull paperweight.

His death shall be avenged!

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't have the one I will get, digital collector's edition. I don't care for a physical copy, but I am willing to drop some extra cash for more digital goodies exclusive to release.

Actually, Digital Collector's Edition would be ideal for me. Like Rift had. Get all the goodies, EGA and fast access without the box copy. I always lose game discs and don't give a wit about a paper map or Asura skull paperweight.

Just want to download, acquire all the bonuses right away and tear into gameplay.
    Good point. I liked the way RIFT handled their CE as well. I upgraded my standard hard-copy edition really smoothly.

I see you point about Digital, though. Must be a quirk of mine to like hard copies!

---------- Post added 2012-02-06 at 07:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    You don't have the one I will get, digital collector's edition. I don't care for a physical copy, but I am willing to drop some extra cash for more digital goodies exclusive to release.
    The only reason I didn't put that in, was because I wasn't 100% they are actually having it. Any sources on confirmation?

I'll PM a mod to add it in, if so

Digital edition. Unfortunately all my friends wouldn't touch a gaming PC/PC Game with a 10foot pole, so I wouldn't have anyone to go with if I decided to buy it (could go myself, but who would I talk to in the car? :<)

So yeah, Digital Edition, it also allows me swift access, I guess

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vengenz View Post
    could go myself, but who would I talk to in the car? :<
    First World Problems man..

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    Good point. I liked the way RIFT handled their CE as well. I upgraded my standard hard-copy edition really smoothly. I see you point about Digital, though. Must be a quirk of mine to like hard copies!
    I like hard copies as an idea. But where am I gonna keep all this stuff eventually?

Did you get the CE of FF14? The box was HUGE! The box was larger than the box my stereo came in... and it was just like a DVD and FF14 Moleskine. o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the unfortunate addiction of buying Collector's Editions of MMOs. Just about every MMO they've released here in the states that also came with a Collector's edition, I own it. Sadly enough, 90% of these games grace my computer for the 30 free days and then get uninstalled >.>

Tabula Rasa and AoC were the only ones to survive, really...rather unfortunate that TR went under >.> I still on occasion play GW, I start it up maybe once every 6 or so months.

So I will definitely be picking up the CE of GW2. And TERA Online. ><
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I like hard copies as an idea. But where am I gonna keep all this stuff eventually?

Did you get the CE of FF14? The box was HUGE! The box was larger than the box my stereo came in... and it was just like a DVD and FF14 Moleskine. o.O
    Haha WTF. To be honest I'm not into FF that much so I'm not familiar with it :P

Sounds huge though @_@

---------- Post added 2012-02-06 at 08:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    And TERA Online. ><
    How dare you mention that name here! :P

Deleted
    I hope it works like Aion, or even better.

Get the normal physical/digital copy, and upgrade it from site to digital collectors - account goes collector status and you get only the digital bonuses - no physical product.

What I'll probably do is preorder CE, if you can play online from digital download from first minute, and get the physical copy later, all good.
    If it wont work, then I'll go for the normal digital copy!

Edit: 666th post ! XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Collector's edition for me, to go with the Proph/factions/NF CE's.

Usually I get the box a few days before release date for new games so time shouldn't be an issue
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Depends on which edition will let me play before the release.

Deleted
    CE depending on the rewards/goodies

Collector's Edition hopefully, if it's not too expensive!

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be buying the Collectors Edition, which is big for me, it will be my first mmo collectors edition and i have been playing mmos since 2000.

Digital.... but may consider purchasing my first PC game CE ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, since NCSoft is doing the publishing it will likely have similar options to Aion, so:

Collector's Edition (Physical)
    Digital CE
    Standard Edition (Physical)
    Digital SE

i will be going for the Digital CE unless they have some amazing stuff in their physical CE and just to show support and purchase the more expensive product.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Deleted
    CE ofcourse! I want to support arenanet the most I can