Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[TV] Dave Chapelle Comedy Special! (Greatest Comedian Currently Alive)

While I do think that Dave Chappelle is an amazing comedian, "greatest comedian currently alive" is highly subjective and debatable. That said, thanks for linking anything Dave Chappelle. =P

as icedwarrior said hes a good comedian but i prefer chris rock, robin williams and jim carrey
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

His first one was okay, I think he was trying to find his rhythm. His second special, the Texas one made me laugh so hard. Netflix gave him $60 million for the specials I heard.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    His first one was okay, I think he was trying to find his rhythm. His second special, the Texas one made me laugh so hard. Netflix gave him $60 million for the specials I heard.
    You necrophile!

On topic... I don't think Dave Chappelle is nowhere near the greatest comedian alive. His new Netflix specials were barely watchable.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    You necrophile!

On topic... I don't think Dave Chappelle is nowhere near the greatest comedian alive. His new Netflix specials were barely watchable.
    What comedian do you find funny? André Wickström?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    You necrophile!

The first special was solid.

Unfortunately the second special was mostly filler. He resorted to awful humor, wasn't feeling the crowd, or was tired, or something like that and and stalled by asking for a smoke and sitting in a chair, then changed the tone to a bunch of obviously fake stories with a shitty punchline at the end that resulted in the entire story being moot.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

15+ Year Old Account
    Of his new ones? I only see the one on netflix. Is there a new one? I thought it was p gud. Better than louis cks new one

15+ Year Old Account
    What comedian do you find funny? André Wickström?
    Andre isn't bad, but not a fan per se.

Some of my favourites:

George Carlin (rip)
    Ismo Leikola
    Pekka Jalava (rip)
    Jimmy Carr
    Sami Hedberg
    Carlos Mencia
    Eddie Izzard
    Jim Jefferies
    Wendy Liebman
    Billy Connolly
    Tim Minchin
    Jen Kirkman
    Eddie Murphy
    Russell Peters
    Richard Pryor (rip, his material wasn't super but how he evolved the genre was great)
    Rodney Dangerfield (rip)
    Sacha Baron Cohen
    Frank Caliendo
    Pablo Francisco
    Stephen Lynch

Probably forgot a bunch. Anyhow, I consider any of above to be better than Dave Chappelle. But each to his own....
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    While I do think that Dave Chappelle is an amazing comedian, "greatest comedian currently alive" is highly subjective and debatable. That said, thanks for linking anything Dave Chappelle. =P
    I don't like greatest or whatever, always hard for me to pick a "greatest" but he is definitely top tier.

Louis CKs special is hilarious too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    as icedwarrior said hes a good comedian but i prefer chris rock, robin williams and jim carrey
    Ones that are currently putting out specials man. I think Chris Rock has one coming out in the not too distant future though.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The specials fell a little flat, but Dave Chappelle the stand-up comedian pales in comparison to Dave Chappelle the comedy sketch co-writer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Better than louis cks new one
    Yeah, I agree. I lost interest pretty early for the Louis CK one. Chappelle had some cringeworthy topics as well, but was overall better in both shows.

I'd still take Gabriel Iglesias over both at this point. Also, Dan Tosh. Though, both of these early work was much better than the most current specials.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I liked the first one, haven't seen the Texas one yet. Dave is up there with George Carlin as far as best comedians, to me. I don't enjoy many of them, but Dave, George, Denis Leary and John Pinette are the ones I can watch any show they do/did and love it.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There were two released the same day on Netflix...
    Well i only saw one because I didn't know they were lumped in a group. I only use netflix a few times a year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    You do realize he steals everyone else's jokes and passes them on as his own original content?
    No, I didn't know that. All I know is that I enjoyed his show and stand up gigs back in the day when he was popular. Haven't heard about him for quite some time though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Gotta work on those observation skills I guess.
    Sure. Next time you ask a question, I'll be a dick back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    The first special was solid.

Unfortunately the second special was mostly filler. He resorted to awful humor, wasn't feeling the crowd, or was tired, or something like that and and stalled by asking for a smoke and sitting in a chair, then changed the tone to a bunch of obviously fake stories with a shitty punchline at the end that resulted in the entire story being moot.
    I actually watched the second one first, and didn't finish it. It was very flat. I almost didn't watch the first one because of it even. Luckily, I did watch the first one and it was hilarious and more in relation to what I enjoyed of his material.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."