Chatting with my friends about SWTOR makes me miss WOW - con't

Correction on the 2001 date, yes it was a 2004 release date. And yes GTN search 'works' , works like the original Yahoo! search that had people submitting links under search topics. :-)

Xarim, I have done the raids and I'm not saying they are bad; I really just wished it was a better product overall. And I am giving the lvl 50 raids and content a LOT of latitude, as this is the first release. Heck, Vanilla Wow had a lot of problems, class issues (remember if you were a druid back then, you were an innervate battery for the 'real' healing classes). 40 man raids, tuning just to get into raids! etc. Some folks forget those days, I don't. Plus, it should be looked to as a good thing to compare to WoW. Blizzard made a great product (LOL at the Panda mention and there had been so many 'Panda' references prior, it took me two days to believe it - I thought it was an April fools joke, just not in April), so to be compared to the greatest is a compliment. AND, IF, I say IF, Bioware made a game that was revolutionary and different enough, to deserve its own recognition there would be no comparison, but unfortunately they haven't. In my heart I really feel like this is almost a copy at so many levels.

I think some of the responders agree with me, it's 7-8 since 2004 (yes they had some development time where they had to lock things in, but the fact is that there was a design and it fell short), and many MMOs since, some have made it some have crashed and burned. SWTOR is no where near crash and burn, but like I said, as a big fan of the Star Wars genre, and a big fan of many of BioWare's previous games, Baulder's Gate for one, I just hoped for more. Perhaps it's just setting expectations. I had great expectations for this game, still do.

In the end, the only thing that matters is if you are having fun playing the game.

PS: I read, many months ago, what I thought was a great article from the creator of Guild Wars, and it was almost a treaty of what a great MMO should be, (for example, I am baffled to this day, why an MMO makes it difficult to play with other players, or to say it another way, why an MMO wouldn't go out of it's way to make group organization a top priority) and he hit the heart of it so exact, if they get half of what he said right, it could be considered one of the greats.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2012-02-06 at 09:47 PM.