Resto Trinket Problem

It seems so hotly debaited which trinket is BiS. Im looking I read somewere Jaws is still BiS. But others are saying that Heroic Warlord is BiS? Any incite on output which will be better for Complete BiS.

(Personally thinking Jaws+ the Random heal one)

Im pretty sure I have read Jaws + Windward Heart is BiS
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Top Regen Trinket :
    Heart of Unliving
    Jaws of Defeat Heroic

Top Throughput Trinket :
    Windward Heart
    Seal of the Seven Signs

Jaws are not even close to being BiS.
    Torty - Highmountain Druid - Turalyon EU

Icy-Veins Guide for Restoration Druids

Quote Originally Posted by Torty View Post
    Jaws are not even close to being BiS.
    Comment like this show you dont know what your talking about

Quote Originally Posted by edanna View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Torty has SOME idea of what he's talking about.

Deleted
    Without mana issues, which you won't have if you know what you're doing you should be going for Windward + Seal of the Sevon Signs. That's assuming you know how to play a druid.

I'm pretty sure that Torty has SOME idea of what he's talking about.
    mmm who knows but even if its bis or not, jaws of defeat ( HEROIC only ) is better than Heart of unliving from DS. if you were to replace jaws then heroic HOU would be better just for the passive intellect. so far jaws still usable.

Without mana issues, which you won't have if you know what you're doing you should be going for Windward + Seal of the Sevon Signs. That's assuming you know how to play a druid.
    I am so sorry if i disappoint you or whatever, but i do like to use mana, i do like to burn mana when its needed. Overall i think having a mana reg trinket is not bad at all.
    you want to go nuts ? go nuts but i do not believe you keep your mana bar full all the times. i ve been playing for 4 years now and i do know how to play a druid enough to know that some fights ( like LKH25) were long enough to need constant mana reg. Also game style comes here too. For me , you seems more focused on healing meters :P ..not surprised.
    Last edited by chocho; 2012-02-06 at 11:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chocho View Post
    mmm who knows but even if its bis or not, jaws of defeat ( HEROIC only ) is better than Heart of unliving from DS. if you were to replace jaws then heroic HOU would be better just for the passive intellect. so far jaws still usable.

I am so sorry if i disappoint you or whatever, but i do like to use mana, i do like to burn mana when its needed. Overall i think having a mana reg trinket is not bad at all.
    you want to go nuts ? go nuts but i do not believe you keep your mana bar full all the times. i ve been playing for 4 years now and i do know how to play a druid enough to know that some fights ( like LKH25) were long enough to need constant mana reg. Also game style comes here too. For me , you seems more focused on healing meters :P ..not surprised.
    Not sure why you would bring up ICC times, 0% chance to go oom no matter how hard you'd try.

About your mana reg trinket, well yeah could be some people need it I guess, personally I ran oom 5 seconds before we killed Madness HC (10) whilst 2healing (as our dpriest got 1shot by the second add wave) it with me+hpally for about the whole last minute if not slightly more. What is the point in having "a full mana bar all the time", plenty of time to regen after big spikes..? But then again I suppose ending a fight with more than 40% mana is important yeah.

And well, Madness is the only mana intensive fight at certain points, the other 7 (now that spine is nerfed to shit) are faceroll.

(Don't bother "haha 10man" it's just a few friends to play with casually)
    Last edited by mmocbecf6237d0; 2012-02-06 at 12:56 PM.

Resto Shaman bis trinkiets :

Heart of Unliving HC
    Windward Heart HC

where Windward Heart can be replaced with Jaws of Defeat for specific fight.

Quote Originally Posted by heXed View Post
    Resto Shaman bis trinkiets :

Heart of Unliving HC
    Windward Heart HC

where Windward Heart can be replaced with Jaws of Defeat for specific fight.
    This is the druid forum, silly.

Quote Originally Posted by edanna View Post
    I'm pretty sure I do, considering I have the character and you apparently don't. There are 3 trinkets that provide more hps than JoD: HoU, WH and SotSS.

If you want to state otherwise, provide a log with your JoD and SotSS/HoU comparison. Until then all practical and simmed tests show exactly what I said.
    Torty - Highmountain Druid - Turalyon EU

Icy-Veins Guide for Restoration Druids

you have innervate....you shouldnt be going OOM till innervate is off CD and sometimes u dont have to use it and save innervate. I really like heart of unliving, i have the LFR version and its pretty nice. I also like the windward trinket(LFR). I dont have the greatest luck with trinket drop, considering i never got jaws of defeat going 6/7 HM, although when it did drop i wasnt there....

but most druid ive seen that is atleast 3/8 HM are using DS trinket. They all replaced JoD, but JoD is still really good. Its all playstyle i would think.

from what ive seen my LFR windward does roughly 4%-8% of my heals depending on fight. Considering that is less then my regrowth/nourish and also if u dont have mana issue, thats a lot of extra heals, or even if i had JoD i wouldnt use it. And i cant see a huge difference between HoU(LFR) and JoD.
    Last edited by coolye; 2012-02-06 at 04:16 PM.

I don't understand this HoU vs Jaws argument.

If you're using Jaws PERFECTLY and on cooldown as many times as you can, it could be worth 750 mp5. Most fights you won't be able to spike heavily with rejuvspam at predictable 2 minute intervals unless you're meter whoring. So really it's a bit lower than that. If use-interval is 2.5 min, Jaws is only 600 mp5.
    If you're using HoU, there's no execution requirement, it IS worth between 750 (at low ilvl) and 850 mp5 (high ilvl)

Gain of 110 int by using Jaws.
    Loss of regen by using Jaws if fight mechanics don't let you fully utilize its effect at perfect 2 minute intervals.

Seems pretty comparable to me. All the vitriol adds nothing to this discussion .

Deleted
    good to see topics like that after being verbally abused by a resto shaman 2 days ago in a pug because i did't pass the windward heart to him. Claiming that its a crap trinket for druids (our crap classs as he/she called druids).

I also believe that windward heart and seven signs seem like best output trinkets but abit worrying concerning the proc rate of seven signs that people report to be around 2min (meaning in a 10man we would use it max 2 times in a fight //besides madness// ). I know people dont like the foul gift that provides 8% increase in mastery but with uptime 40% i dont think its that bad.

Also i think the vp haste trinket(reforged to mastery) is not bad in terms of output but i like to see some maths because of the lack of passive intellect how it affects the output.

According to Tangedyn's resto spreadsheet -

1 int is worth about 2HPS for sustained raidhealing (accounting for initial mana, replen, sp, and all).
    1 mst is worth about 1HPS for sustained raidhealing.

hope this helps.