Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps] vs [Experimental Specimen Slicer]

[Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps] vs [Experimental Specimen Slicer] for ret pallies which one is better?

Use the search function...there's tons of threads on this.

higher ilvl is better
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

H ESS owns N Gurth, but N ESS its not better than N Gurth.

Heroic Gurthalak > Heroic Slicer > Heroic Mace > Heroic Sulfuras > Normal Gurth > Normal Slicer > Normal Mace > Normal Sulfuras > LFR Gurth > LFR Slicer > LFR Mace

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone made any calculations on this?

I have 403 weapon and last raid it did 5.5% of my overall dmg. Tbh i dont think id get the same dps with 410 weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    For retribution, Gur'thalak would come out on top. That is, if they're both of the same raid type. (LFR/Normal/HC)

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Anyone made any calculations on this?

I have 403 weapon and last raid it did 5.5% of my overall dmg. Tbh i dont think id get the same dps with 410 weapons.
    Unless you're doing something weird like stacking crit, your 5.5% damage parse was just a bit of RNG luck.

5.5% is really low i've seen 17% over a 10 minute fight....insane

Deleted

How does IL determine there DMG output?!

that is an Awful thing to say... The Legendary staff that has a chance to Proc DOUBLEING the dmg of a Spell is worse than the PvP staff which has 11 itemlevel higher for PvE JUST because the higher Itemlevel... That is the point of this thread, its not about the Item level.. its about the Overall DPS output!

---------- Post added 2012-02-07 at 03:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    5.5% is really low i've seen 17% over a 10 minute fight....insane
    you're thinking of 10man Raiding.. not 25 man.
    Last edited by mmoc4547d30142; 2012-02-07 at 03:20 PM.

ok. H gurth is not BIS. not even normal mode gurth is BIS. BIS across the board is the slicer. the reason, gurth may have a higher ilvl and max dmg (<----needed for harder judges) but there is no stats at all. the proc rate on the sword is terribly low. currently on my pally i have the norm version (only bcuz slicer won't drop) and i maybe get 2 procs a fight with it. sometimes 1 or none even. ever since they "fixed the censure bug" gurth is not as good as people think. Ok for slicer, for anyone here who actually raids on their on pally knows that mastery is the best secondary stat for ret pallys. and slicer has a lot of it. an insane amount actually. both Heroic and normal. that crit is also very nice if you go a crit/mastery build. Just bcuz a weapon drops off the final boss in a raid, does not mean its the best, not if its the highest ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by rooffie View Post
    ok. H gurth is not BIS. not even normal mode gurth is BIS. BIS across the board is the slicer. the reason, gurth may have a higher ilvl and max dmg (<----needed for harder judges) but there is no stats at all. the proc rate on the sword is terribly low. currently on my pally i have the norm version (only bcuz slicer won't drop) and i maybe get 2 procs a fight with it. sometimes 1 or none even. ever since they "fixed the censure bug" gurth is not as good as people think. Ok for slicer, for anyone here who actually raids on their on pally knows that mastery is the best secondary stat for ret pallys. and slicer has a lot of it. an insane amount actually. both Heroic and normal. that crit is also very nice if you go a crit/mastery build. Just bcuz a weapon drops off the final boss in a raid, does not mean its the best, not if its the highest ilvl.
    I will have to screen shot this.
    Facepalm is strong in this one!

This is best part:"gurth is not BIS. not even normal mode gurth is BIS"
    Damn, dont think i saw post this epic in quite a long time made my day

Clueless, this person is.
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Heroic Gurthalak > Heroic Slicer > Heroic Mace > Heroic Sulfuras > Normal Gurth > Normal Slicer > Normal Mace > Normal Sulfuras > LFR Gurth > LFR Slicer > LFR Mace
    While not disputing much of this list...

has anyone even SEEN LFR Slicer/Mace drop... ever? Cause the only non-DW weapon in LFR I've ever seen drop is the dagger off of Hagara.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    While not disputing much of this list...

has anyone even SEEN LFR Slicer/Mace drop... ever? Cause the only non-DW weapon in LFR I've ever seen drop is the dagger off of Hagara.
    LFR versions of slicer and mace are not implemented in the game.
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

Deleted
    Not sure if...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by waat View Post
    Unless you're doing something weird like stacking crit, your 5.5% damage parse was just a bit of RNG luck.
    no im not stacking crit my dps is fine. And im sure 5.5% wasnt luck. Coz it wasnt over a single fight but over a full DS clear.

for anyone here who actually raids on their on pally

for anyone here who actually raids

who actually raids

actually raids

raids

I am sure that you, sir are actually raiding LFR and never, ever, have a chance of getting H Gurth (until MoP i guess so!)

the proc itself compensates any secondary stats that H ESS has, and higher weapon damage makes it even more worthy

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ooffies/simple

whats your ilvl again?

secondly, the proc does not nearly give the as much passive DPS as H ESS. Here ill run a sim, with my gear using both weapons (heroic mode of course) and ill post it on here. The proc rate from gurth is not enough to compensate for the passive amount of DPS ESS gives from mastery. Even with the higher max dmg it does not come close. you don't know what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    no im not stacking crit my dps is fine. And im sure 5.5% wasnt luck. Coz it wasnt over a single fight but over a full DS clear.
    I've had abysmal rates such as 1.7% on a very good kill on zonnoz where I had my Creche lined up with cds and tons of TV crits, it sucked. I've also had 7% on fights such as hagara . It's unreliable and we're packed with RNG as it is. When he said you were lucky you were, anything above 3% imo is being lucky. I'm also hoping for a H Slicer this upcoming week.