Help with deck fire on Warmaster HC

We've been dying to Warmaster HC for quite some time already. Our main problem is f***ing deckfire. We're aware that ppl shouldn't stand near it as it spreads. I'm also aware that fire animation is bugged sometimes(it doesn't really help as we can't distinguish) Our 1st pull EVERY SINGLE RAID we had almost no fire and every consequent pull after we had really a lot of fire . We've had about 5-6 transitions to P2 today (our raid was 2.5 hrs ) and every time the whole ship was afire . We kill drakes before they fly away every time . If we keep 1 drake and wait so the fire dissapears we risk the ship getting destroyed besides the try we had Goriona on 30% the whole ship was on fire still! Healers had to stand in fire to evade the shockwave and they died. So waiting won't as on that pull the fire didn't vanish after 1 minute or more.
    Any advice?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soaking more purples = less deck fire

Quote Originally Posted by Draagn View Post
    Soaking more purples = less deck fire
    Pretty simply what Draagn said. If you let the ship soak too many Twilight Barrages alone, the deckfire will quickly overwhelm you, leaving you with little to no space.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Yes. GTFO. Helps with realising if getting damage from deckfire. Helps at least a little.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/gtfo

IMHO, if the ship still lives when P2 starts, then enough voids were soaked.

Just try more. Im sure we did (try more

Deleted
    What worked for us was

Stop soaking barrages at 50%, start again at 25%. That way the fire is gonna despawn before P2... most of the time.

Deleted
    One thing to note is that the flying gnomes don't start spawning till you have fire and after that every x seconds (iirc it was 15 sec) a gnome will be added. So if you catch all circles and basically stall the first fire as much as possible you will end up with less gnomes to put out fires and thus get in serious fire trouble in P2.

There is also just the randomness factor. The gnomes will put out fires on random spots. If that's at the side of a fire, then it helps. But if it starts watering the middle, the fire will just spread to all sides. There is really nothing you can do about this, it's just the random AI.

On our kill we had half the deck on fire still when P2 started and I think we still had some fires when we killed him. The fires are annoying, but tbh don't pay them much mind. All that counts is getting into P2. Then find a spot where there aren't too much fires and kill him there. You won't be using three quarters of the deck during P2 anyway.

Often the fire's graphical effect doesn't disappear when a gnome extinguishes it. It doesn't hurt, the red flames just simply stay there.

Fire spawns at 75%, 50%, and 25%. If you cross any of these threshholds too quickly, or transition too soon after the 25% mark, then fire will overrun the fire extinquishers and get out of control.

What we do is ignore Barrages before the first Onslaught to let the ship catch on fire the first time quickly before soaking. The raid soaks Onslaughts 1, 2, 4, and 5, with mages and shadow priests taking the 3rd Onslaught.

The ranged are split into 5 groups of 3 people with a marked player in each group that the others follow to make soaking Barrages safe.

On the last wave of adds, zerg down the melee side drake first, but don't kill the ranged side drake until the 2nd time it is pulled in. Otherwise you will transition too early before the fires are out. For all other waves, just kill both Drakes first thing before they fly away, which reduces the amount of Barrages that are incoming.

You can control the fire once you understand the mechanics.

So can anyone else confirm that letting the ship catch fire fast will actually result in more gnomes putting the fires out?

Having the same problem...We get to P2 consistently without the ship dying and kill all the drakes before they fly away every time. Usually, the deck is filled with fire and occasionally the deck has almost no fire. The ship health is around the same every time. I can't figure out what the difference is.

Here is a kill video where there is almost NO deck fire. Can anyone see what the key is?!?!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy3sBToYW8c

Deleted
    I was tanking on that kill and i can tell you we're also curious about the fires. That was the 2nd pull of the evening and indeed fire was perfect. The only thing i can tell you is we just soaked what we could, when we could.

Except for one Onslaught where i feel usually due to the amounts of fire it's annoying for everyone we get to (our SP solo's that) we transition as soon as we can. What we noticed when looking at this video ourselves though is that the 3rd fire spawn doesn't seem to spread nearly as fast as fires normally do... Why that is i sadly can't tell you

What has helped us is running through the fire throughout the fight. I know, sounds silly, but most of that fire is really not their and it seems it sometimes only goes away when you go through it.

if u got moonkin their mushroom detonate animation slow removes the fake fire. rly helps as i think the fake fire also spreads..