Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Warchief Ravenblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany - Thuringia
    Posts
    2,170
    You can do most of the 2-man heroics, a few of them may require assistance especially as DPS. Just remember to be picky and not to give up after some wipes.
    In particular on Coruscant I saw people asking for Republic's Most Wanted, solo'd both on my Sentinel (hardest) and Commando (easiest). It's really a tougher 1-man heroic yet I saw people going in with 4 :/

    If you're tank or healer even 4-mans can be solo'd (to a (very) large extent), so can the champions (so happy I killed my arch-nemesis Yanu Selke on Quesh). Some are quite fun to solo, like Building a Better Beast on Nar Shaddaa, cleaning up the entire room felt satisfying, lots of XP, lots of decent loot and cash ofc.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) @ Sylvanas EU (retired)
    GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU - When I'm playing WvW I'm really playing LSD.

    My Deus Ex:HR soundtrack mixes [FLAC version (3.5 GB)]

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    If you're tank or healer even 4-mans can be solo'd (to a (very) large extent), so can the champions (so happy I killed my arch-nemesis Yanu Selke on Quesh). Some are quite fun to solo, like Building a Better Beast on Nar Shaddaa, cleaning up the entire room felt satisfying, lots of XP, lots of decent loot and cash ofc.
    Just curious, how much do you outlevel the heroic 4 quests? I was barely able to solo the first two rep Taris heroics 4, but only after I was like 5 levels ahead, with vanguard (even tank specced), with Dorne. On Nar Shaddas it hit the fan already, as vanguard has no CC and killing packs of 3-4 elites +1-2 strong mobs just seems impossible without dying or doing the "kill one, RUN AWAAAY to reset pack" tactics, it is slightly less frustrating with shadow (dps specced tho) as I have CC, but just as hard. Tatooine and higher planet heroic 4 I consider impossible as vanguard or shadow

    Im now leveling smuggler as healer, so Im looking forward to what I can solo with geared tank companion, but I seriously doubt I will be able to outheal 3-4 elites beating on him

  3. #23
    Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckon View Post
    Heroic's are repeatable, worth a lot of credits/XP for the level, you get a bonus to xp and possible loot drops while in a group, and the gear rewards for heroics are usually stellar for the level. Why skip them? If you take 2-3 days per planet, that means you can do each of these quests 2-3 times before moving on, getting great gear upgrades, or at least 3 commendations.

    Heroics are what pushed me 4 levels above where I need to be at any give time. Makes leveling on a planet far easier, and quicker.
    I only skip heroics because I seem to log on and play, or at least make time to play in the off hours, so I end up skipping them unless I hear from someone else wanting to do them while I'm on the planet.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest


  4. #24
    No one seems to want to group up for the heroics so I basically have given up doing those.

  5. #25
    Stood in the Fire Extrakt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    495
    I had the same problem, Hoth really had me hanging. ( I skipped heroic quests and FP )
    Alderaan gave me half a level so you will probably still be outleveled when you go back to Voss.
    Juat do some space missions or do heroics quests or flashpoints till you gain a level. After that, Voss will be all you need. ( loved Voss btw )

  6. #26
    Warchief Ravenblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany - Thuringia
    Posts
    2,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Just curious, how much do you outlevel the heroic 4 quests? I was barely able to solo the first two rep Taris heroics 4, but only after I was like 5 levels ahead, with vanguard (even tank specced), with Dorne. On Nar Shaddas it hit the fan already, as vanguard has no CC and killing packs of 3-4 elites +1-2 strong mobs just seems impossible without dying or doing the "kill one, RUN AWAAAY to reset pack" tactics, it is slightly less frustrating with shadow (dps specced tho) as I have CC, but just as hard. Tatooine and higher planet heroic 4 I consider impossible as vanguard or shadow

    Im now leveling smuggler as healer, so Im looking forward to what I can solo with geared tank companion, but I seriously doubt I will be able to outheal 3-4 elites beating on him
    It really depends, Building a Better beast I could have done that at level 33 but in average I am like 3 levels ahead. Which is not due to waiting it out but because due to the many XPs from bonus objectives and quests I am always slightly ahead.
    But no matter, even being ahead as 5 levels means you get a 5% mitigation advantage at most which means almost nothing against a crowd of debuff-spamming elites/strong mobs I usually accept one death on the initial crowd if I can resurrect in time and burst down the rest. But in some quests I prefer to group simply because it's easier and less costly - keeping aggro off Quinn has become increasingly difficult.
    I generally use every advantage I can get and due to me having no CC as well as Juggernaut I pop CDs on pull until all weaker mobs within the crowd are dead, I usually back out and then go back again, but I have to be quick because mobs belonging to the same group will respawn which itself isn't deadly but can be distracting like when I solo'd Jedi Master Berr Irichmin at lvl37 in Taris I had a full respawn of the crowd, he died nevertheless. One of my favourites to solo is The Lanar Question and Assault on Fort Alde in Alderaan.
    Either way that's how I finished the Hoth heroics/area quests as well, although I admit, I hate killing mobs which keep chain-healing eachother takes like 1,000 years.

    It's however really I thing I could only do on my Juggernaut and Operative, as DPS you are mostly limited to 2man heroics.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) @ Sylvanas EU (retired)
    GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU - When I'm playing WvW I'm really playing LSD.

    My Deus Ex:HR soundtrack mixes [FLAC version (3.5 GB)]

  7. #27
    4+ Missions are bad exp while your within a group most of the time and of course WAY worse alone.
    Don't do them.

  8. #28
    Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    4+ Missions are bad exp while your within a group most of the time and of course WAY worse alone.
    Don't do them.
    I'm not sure what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure you actually get a xp bonus for grouping.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest


  9. #29
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by xeonix View Post
    I would like to point out that if u get the message " You must complete missions before you do this "
    it means your quest log is full. I know it sounds stupid but MANY people i know ever since beta suffered from this.
    Yeah, it's a truly bizarre choice of error message, since it's not even accurate (since abandoning a quest isn't completing it, but will still fix the problem).

    I mean, what's wrong with a simple "You cannot currently accept any more quests as your quest log is full"?

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    I'm not sure what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure you actually get a xp bonus for grouping.
    4 People questing through a planet only doing 2+ and normal quests are insanely fast, due to swtors questing mechanics the number of group members only increases exp gain due to the low xp actually granted from mobs.

    Doing 4+ quests is a waste of time, they take long, the exp is bad even compared to someone leveling solo and microscopic to 4 man leveling.

  11. #31
    What if you want to do the 4+ heroics to actually experience the content?

    My problem is that I want to do them but can't since no one else seems to want to.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    What if you want to do the 4+ heroics to actually experience the content?

    My problem is that I want to do them but can't since no one else seems to want to.
    Then you should know that these quests are not actual challenges and you can solo them a few levels later (i know that this is not optimal and may ruin the storyflow)

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    Then you should know that these quests are not actual challenges and you can solo them a few levels later (i know that this is not optimal and may ruin the storyflow)
    Yeah, I end up not doing them. Once I leave a planet I don't go back (unless I have main story mission to go back to).

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Basically i'm currently lvl 42 (BH) and just completed Belsavis, however my next planet is Voss which states the suggested lvl is 44. Now I can quest on Voss despite missions being orange and mobs pretty tough. I can't help but feel I have missed a Bonus Series somewhere... Currently the only planets I never received a bonus series from are Alderaan, Quesh, Hoth & Belsavis.
    You get the Alderaan one from the republic fleet

  15. #35
    Immortal adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    7,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckon View Post
    Heroic's are repeatable, worth a lot of credits/XP for the level, you get a bonus to xp and possible loot drops while in a group, and the gear rewards for heroics are usually stellar for the level. Why skip them? If you take 2-3 days per planet, that means you can do each of these quests 2-3 times before moving on, getting great gear upgrades, or at least 3 commendations.

    Heroics are what pushed me 4 levels above where I need to be at any give time. Makes leveling on a planet far easier, and quicker.
    If I did every heroic I would still be on Hoth spamming general and the time spent soloing isn't worth the exp... Gear and credit isn't exactly an issue in SWTOR... I still have a lvl 35+ chest and don't have issues at 42. Besides Heroics always feel grindy and boring

  16. #36
    If I get underlevel I just do the orange and yellow space mission dailies, and the PvP daily. It's a very quick bit of experience.

    You can go 10-50 in this game from only PvP, and it's very viable unlike in WoW. That's how I'm doing my BH. PvP, space missions, class quests.

    Plus getting to 50 and already having 40-50 valor is always nice.

  17. #37
    Well just leveling from pvp is quite the grind. I've tried it on one of my alts and it can be really slow compared to questing.

  18. #38
    Immortal adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    7,986
    I fixed the under level issue by doing Alderaan bonus

  19. #39
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    A Galaxy Far Far Away
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    I'm not sure what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure you actually get a xp bonus for grouping.
    This is correct. Unlike WoW, where grouping cuts your XP earned for being in a group then adds a bonus for group SWTOR gives the same xp per mob plus a grouping bonus. A two man leveling team is probably the fastest and most efficient way to level if you play at the same times, the other bonuses for leveling with a partner is that you get a ton of Social Points.

    ---------- Post added 2012-02-07 at 04:57 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    If I did every heroic I would still be on Hoth spamming general and the time spent soloing isn't worth the exp... Gear and credit isn't exactly an issue in SWTOR... I still have a lvl 35+ chest and don't have issues at 42. Besides Heroics always feel grindy and boring
    I pretty much skipped all the heroic quests if I could not find a group doing them. I would spam in general occasionally as I leveled, and deleted them from my quest log after I left the planet. It's definitely not worth waiting around to get them done. The XP and rewards are nice if you can do them, but not mandatory.

  20. #40
    Warchief Ravenblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany - Thuringia
    Posts
    2,170
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    If I did every heroic I would still be on Hoth spamming general and the time spent soloing isn't worth the exp... Gear and credit isn't exactly an issue in SWTOR... I still have a lvl 35+ chest and don't have issues at 42. Besides Heroics always feel grindy and boring
    Depends, can easily take much less time than asking for a group. A normal heroic 2 man is a matter of 20 mins. for me apart from some exceptions. The harder 4-mans, yes, that's a matter of dedication and a question of whether you are a completionist or not. I wouldn't recommend soloing this for instance unless you have are a patient guy with resilience to pain, the bonus objective of that one gives you exactly +5 XP (sigh, that they still didn't fix it).
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) @ Sylvanas EU (retired)
    GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU - When I'm playing WvW I'm really playing LSD.

    My Deus Ex:HR soundtrack mixes [FLAC version (3.5 GB)]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •