Thread: Zelda

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Zelda

Zelda is a name I hear quite often mentioned by people here on this forum. I have never touched a Zelda game in my life, at one point I was even so ignorant that I refered to Zelda as the guy you play and my friend mocked me about it, so then I learned that his name was infact Link...

I grew up with a playstation as a console and spent a lot of time with Final Fantasy games, that's how I realised I really enjoy RPGs. Is Zelda one of those games from the past worth checking out? I am not bothered by bad graphics. Why did you like it?

Other games I've enjoyed to give you an idé where I'm coming from: Final Fantasy 8-10, Tombi 1-2, World of Warcraft, Skyrim and Tibia.

Theres a reason so many people like the series. Then again there is no way of knowing if you will like it unless you try it yourself.

They are kind of a Adventure Puzzle game with RPG. If you dont mind the graphics, you should check it out! We all need some new challenges, and this is worth it!
    I think Zelda must be my favorite console game by Nintendo of all time!

Deleted
    Ocarina of Time is one of the highest rated games in history, there are few people who don't like it provided they're okay with the genre. I personally don't like the 2D type versions, the gameboy ones and such, even though some say they're the best I've never liked RPG types with that design. I do however like the console versions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend trying it. It is good :P for its time its a great game one of the first popular pretty much open world rpgs. I only played a couple of them myself.

I would also recommend trying dragon warrior or dragon quest whatever its called now xD its style is similar to the older final fantasies in that its fantasy turn based combat :P

Deleted
    OT: I think the Zelda games are really great; medium to great riddles, epic dungeons and story-arcs -- the later ones for GB/GBC/Advance are really good, although the older ones /Link to the Past, etc) for console are also worth playing. I don't really like the newer ones for Nintendo-DS or Wii, but that's just me (could be related to the fact that I'M older now - although the older ones still catch me playing them once in a while xD )

Mind you, I speak as a total fan and nostalgic, so don't bother if you want a neutral response.
    Last edited by mmoc8b7a14d456; 2012-02-06 at 02:37 PM.

Just recently bought OoT for the 3DS, having so much fun with it, definatly worth buying xD.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

They're not RPGs, but I think you should check them out. They're action-adventure games with a lot of puzzle elements. The stories are never too complex, but they're still interesting.

Ocarina is probably the best place to start. Any of the other 3D ones might be good too (Majora's mask is a direct sequel to Ocarina though), unless you think you'd prefer top-down style games (then you might wanna try Link to the Past).

If you can, I recommend picking up Ocarina of Time 3D, on the 3DS; its an amazing game, that stayed true to its original but simply got renewed graphics. Amazing game.
    Last edited by mmoc8b7a14d456; 2012-02-06 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    They're not RPGs, but I think you should check them out. They're action-adventure games with a lot of puzzle elements. The stories are never too complex, but they're still interesting.

Ocarina is probably the best place to start. Any of the other 3D ones might be good too (Majora's mask is a direct sequel to Ocarina though), unless you think you'd prefer top-down style games (then you might wanna try Link to the Past).
    They're not RPGs? See, I know so little about them that I even got the genre wrong!

It is an rpg but with a different combat system to the FF series its more like skyrim in that you "equip" your self as for the main character Link he is named as such to represent the "link" the player has with the game, the Princes that you tend to be saving all the time is Zelda.

I persoanly liked the game for the story and the lore of the world and how it changes from game to game and also the bad guy amuses me, the downside i find when going and playing the older ones (mainly due to skyrim) is the lack of customization of Link but the fun abilitys and weapons he gets are cool, and also some of the puzzels are entertaining aswell .... /nostalgia

if you like FF and skyrim you may enjoy this but you may also hate some of it too, dont assume each game is connected to the others same as with most of the FF series.

and it is an RPG (role playing game) you play the role of the hero link and you follow his story just like with FF games :P
    I am dyslexic and proud to be so.
    so you dont like how I spell ?
    To bad learn to be human or gtfo.

Niku,

First off be aware the Zelda series is unlike the other games you have mentioned. Almost every series is the retelling of a nothing boy sometimes prophesied rise to be a Hero through the virtues of the triforce - Courage, Wisdom and Power. Zelda is sometimes helpless and sometimes kick @$$. I will state that at their time each and every game had an epic feel. These games will force you to puzzle things out but nothing is ever too hard. Try them their worth it.

It's funny you should mention Final Fantasy, seeing as how the Zelda fanboys and FF fanboys used to go back and forth in a hate war.
    Zelda isn't just a single game, it's a series, which is why it's competitors are Final Fantasy, Phantasy Star, Star Ocean, etc. It's an action/adventure/puzzle game. (I don't think RPG is genre, no matter what game you play, you have a role). The original Final Fantasy and Legend of Zelda have a lot in common, except FF was turn-based whereas Zelda was open-action.
    If you want to hop into the series there are quire a few great games:
    Ocarina of Time (N64, GC, 3DS, WiiStore)
    Majora's Mask (N64, GC, WiiStore)
    Wind Waker (GC)
    Twilight Princess (GC, Wii)
    Skyward Sword (Wii)

All Zelda games are part of a timeline and therefor are all of the same story. Which is another way it differs from FF. It spands thousands of years. Anyone who refutes this, the creators released an actual official timeline!
    If you want to learn anything just PM me. The will eat your time especially if you want to 100% them. They aren't as time consuming as 100% a FF game though. . .

Deleted
    I'd really recommend Zelda if you haven't played it, probably one of the best franchises I've ever played. If you like it the other Nintendo franchises are worth looking at too. Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Donkey Kong, they're all Triple A titles by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    It's funny you should mention Final Fantasy, seeing as how the Zelda fanboys and FF fanboys used to go back and forth in a hate war.
    Zelda isn't just a single game, it's a series, which is why it's competitors are Final Fantasy, Phantasy Star, Star Ocean, etc. It's an action/adventure/puzzle game. (I don't think RPG is genre, no matter what game you play, you have a role). The original Final Fantasy and Legend of Zelda have a lot in common, except FF was turn-based whereas Zelda was open-action.
    If you want to hop into the series there are quire a few great games:
    Ocarina of Time (N64, GC, 3DS, WiiStore)
    Majora's Mask (N64, GC, WiiStore)
    Wind Waker (GC)
    Twilight Princess (GC, Wii)
    Skyward Sword (Wii)

All Zelda games are part of a timeline and therefor are all of the same story. Which is another way it differs from FF. It spands thousands of years. Anyone who refutes this, the creators released an actual official timeline!
    If you want to learn anything just PM me. The will eat your time especially if you want to 100% them. They aren't as time consuming as 100% a FF game though. . .
    Maybe "Adventure" would be a better term then? I think my friend has that Ocarina of time, gonna bugg him to let me play it.

Deleted
    action adventure.. its more like batman than dragon's age.

Deleted
    Zelda is an awesome game and an awesome character, I love his classic green outfit and master sword, Zelda is the true hero of time! Super Metroid is also another awesome Nintendo game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Zelda is an awesome game and an awesome character, I love his classic green outfit and master sword, Zelda is the true hero of time! Super Metroid is also another awesome Nintendo game.
    You probably played some more Super Metroid then Zelda since the hero in green suit you describe as Zelda is called Link

Ocarina of Time is boss. It's hard to describe why I like it though... probably part nostalgia, but I've tried before to examine why I like the game so much, and even trying to distance myself from the nostalgia factor, I still just find the game to be fun. Everything about it is just fun and polished. I like everything about the game. The music, the art design, the combat, the boss fights, the story, everything.

If you try it, just try to keep one thing in mind. The game gets a whole whack more badass after the first three dungeons. Yes, I just used whack as a unit of measurement wanna fight about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only confirm what other posters said.
    Zelda is one of the greatest franchises in gaming history.
    The characets are usually very cliché, but at the same time you start to love them.

The soundtrack is very iconic.

The gameplay is always top-notch and the games are usually a lot longer than the 6-10 hour crap developers dare to release nowadays.
    I'm looking at you, Mafia 2!!!!
    Monk, I need a monk!!!