Maximum dps as a tankadin?

Last night I was in a random, did Murozond with a paladin tanking (him), not extraordinary but good enough. He pulled 24K dps, he finished on top of everyone else (total damage/dps), which is... sad (I was on my dk, his second heroic, I never dreamed to be #1 anyway). After the fight he goes and say we all suck and blablabla I didn't care, then he left. Now I wanted to compare with MY tankadin!

This is me. Not judging I think I'm better geared than him, and so I wanted to beat him of course. This is my Murozond this morning:

I do exactly as I should, use all my cooldowns, CS+Judge+CS+Avenger Shield+CS+SotR+CS+and so on... What am I doing wrong?

1st - your a TANK

Luck of the draw, different buffs, HERO and Vengeance are all huge variables. Hes not a good tank because of his damage... Your group was pretty much undergeared if 24k dps is top dps on that fight.
    H ultraxion - is probably one of the only fights i have ever increased my dps stats for, that comes to mind.

I used wings every time, but I will admit I didn't use Divine Plea. As for 24K being on top, indeed it wasn't the best group, imagine my dk was ivl350 and I managed to finished 2nd with 19K if I recall! Others were 14K and 12K (lock and hunter if I remember)...

I know tanking isn't about dps, but on that particular fight I wanted to at *least* reach his dps with my better gear, yet I wasn't even near. /sigh

On that fight you want to used wings jus before he copies you. That way when the hour glass reset happens you'll start with wings and have the cool down reset. That will allow you to functionally have 2 uses of wings per reset past the first.

The other thing to keep in mind is the less damage you take he less you will deal. I doubt a well geared paladin rotating cold owns like you can in that fight will be max vengeance.

Theres allot of things to factor in. I am Ret 398 with tank OS. What i sometimes do is Dump 2 piece ret on my Tank and change all trinks / jewelrry. Get my 2nd tanking madness sword with Landslide flask / food and go to town. on trashpacks you can do 50k easy since you take allot of DMG and will have high vengeance. On single target dps drops to the 25k range. On average 35k+ average is easy to get with Luck of the draw 15%

( 2 set ret is insane in prot pala. Spam that 3 hp shield )

Don't use divine plea (unless you have no other filler to use, might be worth using over HW, not sure..).
    You should also use Inquisition if you dont have Sacred Duty/Inquisition when you are gonna do your finisher.

Deleted
    There's a thread somewhere, probably in page 2 or so, with a lot of info on prot dps. And trust me, it is important for certain fights, specially in hc DS, when you are going for heroic progress, you'll meet tight enrage timers on Yor, Zonozz and Ultraxion, until your raid group gets better gear.

25k with almost 100% Avenging wrath uptime isn't that impressive tbh. If you do stuff right, you can pull 30k upwards. Last time I Was there in my prot-dps gear (if you want tips on how to gear like this, check the said thread), I pulled 34.5k.

Read that thread, run Ultraxion LFR with the tips given, and train dat dps.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    A big bit is RNG as always.
    My SotR Crits go from 40 to 80, which is a huge difference.
    My best DPS was in LFR Morchok. I was 5th on dps with 23k dps

Edit: Remember your hit/exp makes a huge difference.
    I'm @ 1% hit, so high dps isnt what im going for

Deleted
    In tbc hc's i was top dps as a tankadin 90% of times in my hc set
    In wotlk i was tanking hcs with full ret gear (wrathfull/pve), and was doing more than 50% of the total group dps.
    Maybe you should use more dps gear instead of avoidance.

Deleted
    Talents are wiledly different,
    he for example is using the "judge gives me haste" talent as well as Rule of Law which increases crusader strike crit chance by 15%

he iscurrently loged out in ret gear/spec so i can't see his tank stuff.

that said he is probably using Ret 2 piece bonus when tanking for the extra holy power from jdugements.

also from a "making you a beter tank" point of view you should really use 65 mastery on glvoes not 50 expertise. you will gain mroe damg from swaping to 65 mastery on gloves and switching some gems to contain stamina isntead of mastery through incraese attack power isntead of the expertise due to several abilities not needing expertise anway.

that said the use of ret 2piece and the pre-planing useage of cooldowns ( remember to use a 3 holypower inquisition before every wings doing in this form

3 holypower -> inq
    -> divine plea
    -> wings
    -> 3 holypower sheild from plea -> should net you a large hit if you also had the judgement crit buff up for it.
    also for optimal i don't care about mitigation dps you would use T12 2 pirce tank + t13 2piece ret so that your sheild hits for 20% more and you get the extra holy power.

By capping hit and expertise you will see a huge DPS increase, try it once, just for lols