Just got HDMI cable. TV is cutting off the sides of the screen.

How can I fix this? Anytime I go to play WoW or swtor my action bars get cut off on the sides. Anyway to fix this?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what I remember when this happened to me, messing with the resolution should fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakwave View Post
    Geeks are awesome because they have sex with your wife while you are cleaning McDonalds bathrooms.
    "PROUD POSTER IN THE LEGENDARY If u are horde 2011 THREAD!!"

Turn off overscan from video driver settings.

It's a relic from analog CRT TV days and is turned on by default when you plug computer into TV or monitor with HDMI cable.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Turn off overscan from video driver settings.

It's a relic from analog CRT TV days and is turned on by default when you plug computer into TV or monitor with HDMI cable.
    While this fixes black borders on the tv image, i think the op needs the exact opposite. So he should probably look for the overscan settings on the tv. Or there are some other "zoom" options enabled in the tv.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Just go into CCC or nvidia control panel and adjust the overscan settings. I have ati cards but am assuming nvidia has similar options.

Deleted
    Had the same problem, mess with the resolution, just upgraded to W7 from vista and had problems in vista where i couldn't find a way around the black edges but no problem in W7