Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    But I never ever played disc, I'm not about to learn a new spec just for ONE boss. I've noticed Binding Heal has the same cast time and mana cost as Flash Heal, but heals for less. If I'm to use Chakra: Serenity, wouldn't it be better to use BH instead of FH, since it would renew Renew on BOTH players? Also, someone said to glyph Inner Fire, but would that mean I'm not to use Inner Will then? (as I've always used since it appeared in... Wrath?)

If you're mainspec shadow, I'd advise going disc instead of holy for this fight. Disc does better at low spirit levels, and DA is great for soaking stomp or crystal damage if you can pre-cast a PoH or 2. Also, barrier is nice for the crystals if you get in trouble. Also, it goes without saying, stack the groups to optimise PoH.

Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    Our guild killed Deathwing 3 weeks in a row now, and we've been trying a couple of attempts at heroic Morchok, but we've been failing miserably. My main spec is shadow, and/but since we're running 2 10-mens, we need a 4th healer and so my guild expect me to heal, which is ok, but I can't say I'm very experienced healing raids. (been shadow for the last 3 years!)

This is me, if someone need to know. I think my gear is ok for this, not superb though. I'm holy and I'm not sure which chakra I'm supposed to use. I think the Sanctuary is not that good, as I won't be using HW:S much? Or quite the opposite the aoe factor surpasses Serenity/Renew madness?

We're good on splitting, soaking the crystals and taking the 1st stomp, but then it feels like a TON of heals to do, while moving around for the crystals. Halp?
    The fight is totally doable with 2 healers?! I don't understand why 4.

You need:
    Side A:
    1 tank, 1 melee or plate healer, 3x dps or 2x dps + 1 healer

Side B:
    1 tank, 1 melee or plate healer, 3x dps or 2x dps + 1 healer

Now the point is the melee have to take the hit too which IS gonna stress your healers. So long as the melee has some form of defensive cooldown it should be golden. We went with:

Side A:
    1x DK tank (me)
    1x feral druid (cat)
    1x holy paly
    1x mage
    1x lock

Side B
    1x feral druid (bear)
    1x holy priest
    1x resto shammy
    1x rogue
    1x dps (I forget)

When you split whichever side is closest takes the first crystal whoever spawned it (for ease). After that have your tanks keep a 15 yard range radar up and keep everyone in it (it's a 25 yard range but big hit box + safety margin) the ranged should not stand in the shield over the crystal as that can screw up stomps splitting correctly and have healers learn to watch their timers a bit too. Tank moves with healers and the rests pretty simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

But I never ever played disc, I'm not about to learn a new spec just for ONE boss. I've noticed Binding Heal has the same cast time and mana cost as Flash Heal, but heals for less. If I'm to use Chakra: Serenity, wouldn't it be better to use BH instead of FH, since it would renew Renew on BOTH players? Also, someone said to glyph Inner Fire, but would that mean I'm not to use Inner Will then? (as I've always used since it appeared in... Wrath?)
    Careful, for Binding Heal you are healing two targets (yourself included) the reported Heal value is for each one. Both together it's double. It's your best HPS/HPM direct healing in your spell book. If you can use it, you should. ie, --> You and one other are missing some health.

As for how to keep Renew up, I've already mentioned earlier in this thread but can repeat it more succinctly now:

1) Once the boss splits into two, Renew your party. Sprinkle in any direct heals on the tank as necessary but try and get the Renews up on all 5 as best as you can. Put PoM up on the non-tank soaker. He'll be taking the most damage unless he's a rogue feign cheesing
    2) Using Binding Heal on the tank, Fheal/Gheal on the soaker (or vice versa) and use Gheal/Fheal on other people in the party to keep Renew refreshed on CD. Don't be afraid to Binding Heal more than one target if your health is particularly low.
    3) Remember that Fheal and BHeal give Serendipity procs, use them as you get them on either Gheal or PoH. Spamming away with it at x2 is a waste of lots of potential mana.
    4) Treat Holy word Serenity as an instant spam heal after a direct heal on either the same target or some other one. You get more burst that way. Serenity on some random target to keep Renew going is also a very good use.
    5) Don't stop using CoH and PoH, it's still a major contributor to your healing. Basically if Renews are all refreshed and everyone needs healing, AoE heal away.
    6) Try not to let Renews fall off, if they do - put a new one back up

A mod that lets you see how many seconds are left on your Renew is a must.

The difficulty in the fight cycles. Right at the get go, and immediately after black blood, it starts off easier b/c everyone is at max health.
    As you approach the last Stomp/Crystal prior to Black Blood, the difficulty peaks as you are basically penalized compoundedly for not keeping up with the healing. But when you do get to Black Blood, it all resets as you can merrily top everyone off and regen the bulk of your mana back.

The true fight starts at his 20% enrage where he hits harder. That's where you'll be dumping your mana pool, and in your gear may have an issue. You may need to SF at this point, if you need to Hymn of Hope do it during Black Blood. You'd be very hard pressed to even pull off a half channel otherwise. As a reference I don't need either this fight, but my combat regen is noticeably higher than yours -- you should be perfectly fine with use of them. If you are popping your mana stuff early on in the fight pre-enrage you won't make it through p2.

Divine Hymn would be best used during the last leg of the fight. The healing buff up on everyone makes finishing the fight cake.

Lastly, Guardian Spirit is very powerful on this fight. Both as a tank CD and as a wave of saving your soaker. You basically put it on your soaker and forgo healing him while you top off others and let the killing blow proc bring him up to half health. It defuses an OHNOES moment.

I'm sure personal tastes vary but I have found Serenity healing this much easier and less stressful than Sanctuary healing it on 10H.
    Last edited by Themos; 2012-02-07 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    The fight is totally doable with 2 healers?! I don't understand why 4.
    The fight is totally doable with 4 DPS! I don't understand why you need 6?!

Like someone a while back said, the enrage timer is a non-issue and yes, the fight CAN be done with the right makeup of mobile healers + strong soakers, but for most 1/8H groups a 3 or 4 healer setup is the easiest way to go.
    Last edited by Solia; 2012-02-07 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KidCanuck View Post
    If you're mainspec shadow, I'd advise going disc instead of holy for this fight. Disc does better at low spirit levels, and DA is great for soaking stomp or crystal damage if you can pre-cast a PoH or 2. Also, barrier is nice for the crystals if you get in trouble. Also, it goes without saying, stack the groups to optimise PoH.
    I guess you didn't check out the OP's gear from the first post. They have four piece T13, 3 pieces of 397, one RF, so > 3k spirit. I wish my OS gear was that nice :P. There's been a lot of good tips here for you, so I hope it was enough to help you guys get a kill!

Yeah thanks all, I respec'ed and reglyphed, and I got a pretty good idea what to do now. My last question, which wasn't answered, was should I use Inner Fire? I know someone told me to glyph for it, but I though Inner Will was the "armor" to use when healing... but I guess I'd survive better and have globally better heals with Inner Fire, right?

I'm gonna try to FRAPS the fight and I'll show you, hopefully. It might be ugly though.

Yeah thanks all, I respec'ed and reglyphed, and I got a pretty good idea what to do now. My last question, which wasn't answered, was should I use Inner Fire? I know someone told me to glyph for it, but I though Inner Will was the "armor" to use when healing... but I guess I'd survive better and have globally better heals with Inner Fire, right?
    Yes, Inner Fire. Only ever consider Inner Will if mana is at stake, and on this fight especially it's a non-issue.

Glyphing IF for the extra armor isn't necessary, imo but if you're willing to swap glyphs for a per fight basis go for it.

I'm gonna try to FRAPS the fight and I'll show you, hopefully. It might be ugly though.
    A WoL would be far more useful.

If you use recount or skada, check that after each wipe. Specifically the Death counter. Get in the habit of looking at the last 10 seconds before someone died and seeing what happened. It's very telling. It's obviously due to lack of heals, but the death meter tells you exactly who/what was missing. Renew could have fallen off, or you ignored healing the tank... OR ... you were fine and doing it right and the other healer neglected healing that person for 10 seconds. Death meter > healing meter. Healing meters while interesting don't tell you why you wiped.

Deleted

Inner Fire

As Stomp does physical dmg, Inner Fire (+ Glyph) significantly reduce the amount of damage you take from the primary damage dealing mechanic during the fight. That alone makes it well worth taking for the entire HMorchok fight.

On any other fight (where you're unlikely to be taking physical damage as a healer) you should be in Inner Fire anyway for the +spellpower it gives, unless you have serious mana issues (or are stance dancing to spam shields in order to negate a particular mechanic as disc). I guess if you don't have +movement enchant on your feet the speed boost might be useful, but really just get the boot enchant

The glyph only adds another 5% mitigation.

Some math:

~60% of your dmg taken will come from Stomp => glyph reduces your total damage taken by ~3%

You will be taking about 15% of your party's total damage => glyph reduces party damage by ~0.5%

Hardly noticeable or necessary. Like I said, you can swap glyphs if you want but don't expect a massive impact at all.