Poll: Which Crew Skill is most picked for End Game Raiding and PvP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    c) biochem simply rules because only one character has to research the unlimited use items, don't recall any being bop - mostly because I mailed one to a non-bio one day.
    you can send reusables to anybody....BUT they will need the proper biochem skill lvl to USE them.

only a 400 biochem can use the endgame reusables... unless that was a change i have not noticed yet

You missed synthweaving on the voting options, synthweaver here

BioChem is very useful, but not the only one. Most raiders take a crafting crewskill, make the 2 rakata pieces, then drop for BioChem. That makes those useful, right? Though, if you get lucky in a raid and snag a nice exotech pattern, then get a masterwork crit on crafting it, it will be better then a rakata piece. Exotech+Epic Augment. I have BioChem on my main though.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Biochem is being changed in the coming patch. You'll likely see a shift towards cybertech.

Deleted
    The problem isn't Biochem (expect Adrenals stacking with Relics).

The problem is that all the other Crew Skills are so poorly conceived that you could think EA-Bioware never made an MMO before.

They never understood what makes the gist of a good MMO economy.

Constant supply and demand is the key and yet most of the crew skills are rendered useless after a dozen hours at max level. It's like nobody actually though about the consequences and implications of their design decisions and just half-arsely copied WoW without a second thought.
    Last edited by mmoc433ceb40ad; 2012-02-07 at 01:16 AM.

Deleted
    biochem is the only profession worth anything, almost all the others are useless at max lvl they give u nothing you cant get from instances/pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Kulu View Post
    Biochem won't always be on top - they'll add new schematics for more powerful gear and whatnot.
    Part of the reason Biochem is so popular at end game has to do with how useless the other professions are. Since you can keep pulling mods out of current gear once you have a top mod you do not need or have any use for the professions that make them. There is a serious flaw with the item modification system in the game. It ends up making all crafting crew skills lack luster and in many cases just useless.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

its getting nerfed. dont bother dropping your current professions

everyone already knows its the best atm

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    The problem isn't Biochem (expect Adrenals stacking with Relics).

The problem is that all the other Crew Skills are so poorly conceived that you could think EA-Bioware never made an MMO before.

They never understood what makes the gist of a good MMO economy.

Constant supply and demand is the key and yet most of the crew skills are rendered useless after a dozen hours at max level. It's like nobody actually though about the consequences and implications of their design decisions and just half-arsely copied WoW without a second thought.
    It is very fair to say that they didn't think about the lasting effects of several of the features in the game. It is a shame that a game with such high potential and an amazingly strong brand and following seems to be fizzling out very quickly due to fatal designs in much of the end game and high end content. I hope they fix it and I hope ppl start coming back or new ppl pick it up, but SWTOR really just seems like a more in depth KOTOR 3 and once you finish it the only real options for most is to start again on a new toon and repeat.

scavenging has been the best money maker for me. I get the 340 quests off trade netwrk and get like 30k worth of mats out of it. P ay only like 15k for the quests. Zal Alloy is awesome @ roughly 1k per.

10+ Year Old Account
    I chose Biochem the day the game came out. My friends and I all made sure we all chose different crew skills and I picked biochem. I guess I lucked out

Quote Originally Posted by Mischiefpwns View Post
    scavenging has been the best money maker for me. I get the 340 quests off trade netwrk and get like 30k worth of mats out of it. P ay only like 15k for the quests. Zal Alloy is awesome @ roughly 1k per.
    we taslking crafting skills here.

The SWTOR Devs have already stated they are un-happy with the state of balance between Crew Skills and are looking to make further adjustments. They have already nerfed Slicing and Biochem has been adjusted twice.

I'm an artifice, and while its not that great now, I'm pretty confident that it will be better sooner rather then later. They have already said that they want crafted orange gear to be critable and for Augments to mean more, which I would read as crit orange items will have augment slots in them, coupled with being able to yank the base mods out of purple quality gear, this will make crafting professions at least more profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
    The SWTOR Devs have already stated they are un-happy with the state of balance between Crew Skills and are looking to make further adjustments. They have already nerfed Slicing and Biochem has been adjusted twice.

I'm an artifice, and while its not that great now, I'm pretty confident that it will be better sooner rather then later. They have already said that they want crafted orange gear to be critable and for Augments to mean more, which I would read as crit orange items will have augment slots in them, coupled with being able to yank the base mods out of purple quality gear, this will make crafting professions at least more profitable.
    The real test for them and what will make or break the game will be wrapped up in how quickly they can adapt or change things that have happend because they had very short sighted design ideas. Resetting all the beta toons as often as they did was part of the reason this happend, a lack of understanding of how ppl will try as hard as they can to find and only use the best option they have is another. Some sort of benefit to ppl with the other crafting crew skills could go a long way towards fixing this. If you are an Artifice then you get a stat boost from hilts or barrels something like that. They did do one nice thing for sure not letting ppl stack multiple crafting skills so you dont end up seeing tons of BS/JC combos and things like you do in WoW for example. By lowering the amount of ways we can use crewskills together they put themselves in a much better position to fix or change them without causing dozens of ballance issues.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    a) never do rich missions (moderates at tier 5 are good)
    b) slicing wasn't the source of all the money in the game, farming certain flashpoints is the way now
    c) biochem simply rules because only one character has to research the unlimited use items, don't recall any being bop - mostly because I mailed one to a non-bio one day.

I use the skills to support alts, only need cyber tech for the most part, but artifice is beneficial across multiples too. Armortech for keeping comps up to par. ... so Bio, Cyber, Arms, and Artifice are my required skills. If I am bored I will make a synth alt but I tend to stick to the four classes and don't care to have alts where only the AC is different
    All reusable items made by Biochem require Biochem to use, so sure they aren't BOP, but your alt with cybertech can't use it.

Requires a minimum of 380 Skill in Biochem to use, the rakata require 400 (endgame reverse engineered items of course.)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you read the latest patch notes...? They're changing that...

honestly i just see biochem as the best because because once you're 400 and can make the reusable adrenals and stims, you never have to worry about consumables ever again, unlike in wow, where if you're guild doesn't drop the pot down before each raid, you had to have you're own farmed beforehand or have bought them off the auction house.