Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm not Mif...but here u go

Those would make me scared to play the game. Who wants to play some mutated rats anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Those would make me scared to play the game. Who wants to play some mutated rats anyway?
    I'm in the same boat, I sure wouldn't define those as cute.

If I where to come across those in some dark alley I would be reaching for my shotgun and not my camera.

My girlfriend seemed the most interested when reading up on the races. She is in no hurry to leave World of Warcraft (I left after the Panda announcement) and any new MMO is a hard sell now that I bought and immediately dropped SWTOR. She thinks I'll do the same with GW2. She may be right - remains to be seen how fun the game actually is. I had my doubts about SWTOR because of the clunky combat, but thought it might not matter. It matters. It's everything. That said I'm not one to jump on the hype train, but I think GW2 is the next big thing.

Thing is, she had to become interested in the races (She likes the Norn and the Charr) by hearing about it from someone else - a different friend of hers. Specifically, her friend had drawn some fan art of a Charr, and she'd asked me if that was a "GW2 thing." That led into a conversation about the charr, and then the norn, and then she browsed her way to a GW2 wiki page to learn about them.

Seems to me like it's not up to us, the Significant Others. My particular ladyfriend still isn't really sold on the game, but I'm confident enough in it that I intend to buy two copies. If anything she'll appreciate that I want to spend time playing a game with her again. Not having Warcraft to play together has been missed a little.

hmm I have a question is it that she has only played dofus, which i know to be a good game but is turn based, round based game, and her not liking the fact of an action based use aswd to move and mouse to attack and clicking skills quickly? maybe try her out on some games that are not turn based and slowly bring her up to using wasd and mouse to attack?

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I'm not Mif...but here u go
    *snipe*
    There ya go OP. That should satisfy her. Even my fiance, who HATES cuadaly-wudaly things fucking love Asura girls. So yeah, that should sell it.

In unrelated news, if someone could get a spell check on "cudaly-wudaly" for me, I'd appreciate it.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    I'm in the same boat, I sure wouldn't define those as cute.

If I where to come across those in some dark alley I would be reaching for my shotgun and not my camera.
    Agreed, looking at the picture I keep expecting their mouths to open really wide and reveal some kind of face eating utensil .

Those Asura are creepy looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Agreed, looking at the picture I keep expecting their mouths to open really wide and reveal some kind of face eating utensil .
    I managed to find a picture when they do the /yawn emote

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Those Asura are creepy looking.
    Some nicer ones then. We'll convert you yet!

Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-02-07 at 06:01 AM.

Lol those teeth.

10+ Year Old Account
    <snip>
    So much for ever sleeping again!

10+ Year Old Account
    So many bookahs

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    So many bookahs
    I know I'm trying my best bud...wish I could draw...

I let out a Jamie Lee-Curtis scream just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I let out a Jamie Lee-Curtis scream just now.
    Good they like it when you scream...

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Do the same what I do with my Girlfriend.

Force her on a chair with PC with Guild Wars 2.

Tell her, you got 2 options now.

1) Play GW2 with me.

2) get away from me.
    hahahahaha!! classic! totally this!

seriously though the amount of clothes each character can have multiplied with the dye system should keep any girl happy. I know I'm (as a guy) will play around with the system to get my toon looking sharp.

Also with the exploration (beautiful scenery), the unique storyline, active social cities should look after anyone not overly keen on grinding dungeons.

Looking at the character creator I'll probably spend a good couple of hours trying to make my norn warrior look big and nasty. She would most likely try to make her character as hot as possible. So many combinations. just check out the video they released for the koreans showing the female customisation.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post

seriously though the amount of clothes each character can have multiplied with the dye system should keep any girl happy. I know I'm (as a guy) will play around with the system to get my toon looking sharp.

Also with the exploration (beautiful scenery), the unique storyline, active social cities should look after anyone not overly keen on grinding dungeons.

Looking at the character creator I'll probably spend a good couple of hours trying to make my norn warrior look big and nasty. She would most likely try to make her character as hot as possible. So many combinations. just check out the video they released for the koreans showing the female customisation.
    With all these stereotyped ideas of what attracts a woman to playing a game...it's funny that my wife is looking forward to looking like a totally badass charr and running around hitting things
    Not criticizing btw, I just think it's funny given what my wife wants to play.
    She does also want to dress up a snazzy human thief though

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post

Back in August when I was on Gamescom 2011, there was a couple next to me waiting in line for GW2. (Lines were 4 hours, yeah really) and when it was finally their turn, she got to play first.

The demo timer was 40 minutes, starting from the moment you hit start game. Then you go through personal story, character customization, names etc.

She spend, and I'm not kidding. She actually spend 18-19 minutes on making her character before playing the demo itself. She wasted half the demo to make a character who would be deleted 20 minutes after and she waited 4 hours to do so.

I can imagine if you are psyched about the game you'd like to see how everything looks like, but damn it. 19 minutes on creating a character..

Deleted
    It's ok to play different mmos.
    However, it's fun playing mmos together and since she's already a gaming chick I can't see why she wont at least give it a try =)
    How many play dofus? Never heard of the game =) But perhaps she's the queen of that place and get all the diamonds and golds and in GW2 she will only be your princess =(

GW2 has a one time fee, and why not try have some fun together? Perhaps you could try play dofus until GW2 is released? And then she swaps and play GW2 with you for a bit?
    Don't underestimate playing together, mmos are great for that since there's so much you can do.