10+ Year Old Account

as a trooper vanguard....

Is there any reason to be using high energy cell for anything? I've been playong as tactics spec and its supposed to use high energy cell from what I can tell, but its just soooo lame. Ion gives me a lot of surivability and plasma adds a lot of damage. HEC is just meh 5pct ele/internal damage? I think it should be more like 25pct bonus damage. Or am I doing it wrong?
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

For PvP, you should never use it.
    I imagine it might be viable for PvE, though, if you take the middle spec.

And it also, when talented, causes you to vent 8 heat every 6 seconds (or so), and 8% elemental damage increase. There's also a passive 15% movement buff, but that's kind of meh. (not that I'm not 100% sure about those numbers, but it's basically to that effect)

edit: And to clarify for PvP,

There's two commonly used specs

There's the right tree (up until the 30 yard range DoT, and the talent directly above it), and then the rest is the middle tree up until the Hold the Line

The other spec is all the middle tree, and talents in the tank tree for the tank cylinder.

No spec should ever use the high energy cell, simply because it offers no snare.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-02-07 at 12:52 AM.

taken from taugrim.com
    Advanced Prototype (Tactics) + Energy Gas Cylinder (High Energy Cell): this pairing provides good burst / sustained damage mechanics, strong CC capability, a passive movement buff, and an on-demand movement buff that provides movement-related CC immunity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nativetrash View Post
    taken from taugrim.com
    Advanced Prototype (Tactics) + Energy Gas Cylinder (High Energy Cell): this pairing provides good burst / sustained damage mechanics, strong CC capability, a passive movement buff, and an on-demand movement buff that provides movement-related CC immunity
    See, there is the problem with HEC. All of the things you listed can be done better with another cell. Except for the passive movement buff if you talent for it.

-Plasma cell offers more damage. Burst and sustained.
    -Your own Cc has nothing to do with which cell you are using so im not sure what taugrim means. In fact HEC doesnt even have a snare like plasma and ion so cc would be LESS.
    -Passive movement buff. Ya ok, if talented, this is nice.
    -The cc immunity is an ability that can be used with any cell.

Im still leveling so i am running ion cell for the survivability and to use guard. maybe at 50 ill feel different about HEC, but right now its totally crap. I just feel that a 5pct damage buff is way to weak compared to what the other cells do for me. Considering tactics is supposed to be a damage tree its intended cell just seems underpowered to me. /shrug
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.