Thread: Top Spec atm?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    Warlocks are in one of the rarest situations to have occured in the history of this game, where all three of our specs are completely competitive in every fight. Granted, some have advantages in certain fights over other specs, but overall the difference is so small that you really are free to play whatever is the most fun to you/the spec you play the best.
    This. But worry not, in a few months Warlocks are getting a massive overhaul to ensure this utopia is not sustained.

Deleted
    They should start redesigning so the specs have a bigger diffrene in term of playstyle and usefullness. It's too close as of now, which makes it useless. None of the specs is insane at one thing, it's all a 50 / 50 situation. Half good at AOE, half decent at single target. If good at multi dotting, shit at pure AOE etc etc... There isn't really a fight where any warlock spec can purely shine, where another class can't do as good or overdo us. We are just more or less the average class on all fights. Madness you can do good if you multi dot bloods and aoe them before santa comes to town, but thats about it.

Point being, i don't see a reason to have 3 specs viable, when we can't use them to their full extend on any fight and we have to respec for encounters because of a small DPS diffrence, but still not making a diffrence on being the top needed class...

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkuggz View Post
    They should start redesigning so the specs have a bigger diffrene in term of playstyle and usefullness. It's too close as of now, which makes it useless. None of the specs is insane at one thing, it's all a 50 / 50 situation. Half good at AOE, half decent at single target. If good at multi dotting, shit at pure AOE etc etc... There isn't really a fight where any warlock spec can purely shine, where another class can't do as good or overdo us. We are just more or less the average class on all fights. Madness you can do good if you multi dot bloods and aoe them before santa comes to town, but thats about it.

Point being, i don't see a reason to have 3 specs viable, when we can't use them to their full extend on any fight and we have to respec for encounters because of a small DPS diffrence, but still not making a diffrence on being the top needed class...
    i gotta disagree, ship and madness is where affliction truly shines.

For 10m demo is best 9/10 situations. Next to the arguable fact that it's the top damage spec you will also bring 10% spellpower to your raid and in 10m chances aren't very high that you'll have a dps shaman to bring you that buff.

IMO destruction is the best spec to play for most of situations. even on spine where ppl rather to play demo, you can bring a good burst with 4p soulburn + demonsoul (and blood fury if available).

Currently i'm going demo for morchok, the same in yorsahj, then destro for zon'ozz - hagara, demo for ultraxion (no luck at getting trinkets so i'm still with MWC) affli for warmaster and demo for spine (1.4M per tendon FTW!!).

Deleted
    Been playing Demo for about a week now, how much dps should I pull on Ultraxion 10 Normal in this gear:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...range/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiteran View Post
    i gotta disagree, ship and madness is where affliction truly shines.
    To some extend, but not really on HC. Boomkins can outdo you with their multi dot running around jazz by far, obviously they are good but still as i said something better. Madness is all about "whoring" bloods as i said. On HC it's important to have heavy single target damage for parasites and elementium bolts, and you will not be able to multi dot on 2nd, 3rd and depending dps 4th platform. This means a heavier single target DPS'er would be better, as you just have to "manage" to kill bloods, and as of right now they are dying even before parasite spawns for us. I don't want to call a spec "shine" because you overdo 25% damage from a trinket on some bloods before htey need to be killed, then another 10-20% AOEdamage, plus another good cunk of your spellweave. That's not "shine" in my world at least!

I would agree with you spark if the balance came at the expense of utility or specialization in the first place. They never needed any spec in any meaningful way to get all three specs in line, they just buffed the spec that was underperforming. Demo has always been our best aoe spec this expansion, affliction has always been our best multidotting spec, and destruction has hovered from crappy to alright single target dps and always been good 2 target cleave dps. With 4.3 the only thing that changed was destro got buffed and demo got toned down just a tad with the mastery change. The performance of affliction and demo in their strongest advantages never changed and people weren't complaining about "being average at everything and excelling at nothing" earlier in the expansion, so what change did I miss that fundamentally switched up the playing field?

Deleted
    Sitting on 7/8 HC atm.

Currently all specs are so close to each other so there is no top spec as certain specs shine on certain fights.

The only time a spec is clearly superior to the others is if your raid is missing 10% SP which makes demo > affliction / destro true for all fights but heroic warmaster where affliction is better.

I myself play affliction on all fights simply because I find it to be the most enjoyable and fun spec and I don't have time to respec (only raid twice a week, every second counts) apart from Heroic Spine where it just isn't viable.

TDLR: Play whatever spec you want if you have 10% SP buff and demo if you don't.

Deleted
    @ Dotbotdotcom Well, not playing destruction on H:Morchok just makes me want to weep.

Deleted
    @Ignominious Why would I waste money and time to respec for the easiest boss in the whole raid? You still pull decent numbers (40kish) as affliction on that fight.

The only reason I see to respec desto for Morchok is if you wanna top the DPS meter in your raid and deceive yourself that you're so awesome. I rather compete against other affliction warlocks for the top spots on world of logs than being #1 in my raid.

Deleted
    I actually prefer destruction before affliction, as such I don't need to respec and "waste money". I'm talking about having to play demonology when that scrubby other warlock in my guild doesn't show up for raids

No need to get snappy
    Last edited by mmoc93fbe456e8; 2012-02-12 at 02:52 AM.