Thread: Darkness II

Darkness II

Never played first one, watched walkthroughs though. Really excited for the 2nd one. Will be playing on PC

Comes out tomorrow!

10+ Year Old Account
    Or 2 days in Europe ;)

I personally can't wait :D
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

The demo was fun, I will probably buy it after I am finished with kingdoms of amalur

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Never played first one, watched walkthroughs though. Really excited for the 2nd one. Will be playing on PC

Comes out tomorrow!
    You should play the first one, it's a fantastic game and it still holds up even today. The story is what really made it a great game. It felt like The Godfather in modern times with hints of The Sopranos, then everything changed when The Darkness comes into play. The sequel definitely tightens up some of the combat issues with using the Darkness (it's not as clunky as before, but the original game still made it usable), the gun combat feels faster, and I think the best update to the game was the art direction change. The psudeo-cartoon look fits the game nicely while not making it ridiculous a change. The colors pop off the screen better, making combat in the dark a lot easier to manage. The extra-gruesome finishing attacks are nice and definitely fit the brutality of the comics.

I'll definitely be picking this one up, but I've first go to contend with this little game called "Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning". I'm sure you've heard of it.

reckoning first definitely!

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't stop thinking about this... thing.

Sssqueeze
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

The first one was really good, just left a lot wanting. Not a lot of cases were its just pure carnage, only for a few levels. I think the 2nd one will topple that.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they keep the emotional tension high and the story good, I'm all set. That's what made the first one the superb game that it was.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunmoku View Post
    You should play the first one, it's a fantastic game and it still holds up even today. The story is what really made it a great game. It felt like The Godfather in modern times with hints of The Sopranos, then everything changed when The Darkness comes into play. The sequel definitely tightens up some of the combat issues with using the Darkness (it's not as clunky as before, but the original game still made it usable), the gun combat feels faster, and I think the best update to the game was the art direction change. The psudeo-cartoon look fits the game nicely while not making it ridiculous a change. The colors pop off the screen better, making combat in the dark a lot easier to manage. The extra-gruesome finishing attacks are nice and definitely fit the brutality of the comics.

I'll definitely be picking this one up, but I've first go to contend with this little game called "Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning". I'm sure you've heard of it.
    I hear ya and I agree with you, it looks amazing. But I just simply can't play with a controller. Same reason I had to quit Infamous half way through, I can't aim worth shit with a controller =P

10+ Year Old Account
    I acturally ended up cancelling my order when I heard about the locked FoV, I thought 2K had learned from Bioshock and Borderlands to give PC users the ability to change FoV, but apparently not.

I'm one of the few people who get nausiated & dizzy from 60 FoV.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

It looks cool. It's on my long list of games that I want to buy. I never played the first one, but it looks like something I'd want to give a try. I dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    I acturally ended up cancelling my order when I heard about the locked FoV, I thought 2K had learned from Bioshock and Borderlands to give PC users the ability to change FoV, but apparently not.

I'm one of the few people who get nausiated & dizzy from 60 FoV.
    Seems odd to get dizzy from the field of view. Headbopping gets me a bit queasy at times. But losing field of view makes you sick?
    Last edited by Chronius; 2012-02-10 at 05:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will wait until they patch FoV settings in before buying this game. Nothing more annoying then playing a Fps on a 27" monitor with a locked FoV to 55-65.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    Seems odd to get dizzy from the field of view. Headbopping gets me a bit queasy at times. But losing field of view makes you sick?
    Watch this video, he can explain it better than I can.

Last edited by Torched; 2012-02-10 at 06:24 AM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Shouldn't you be able to change the fov in one of the settings .ini files? I usually do it that way to optimize the game when there's a very limited choice of video settings. (Shadow, bloom etc)
    You can change it that way in most games but it appears that you can´t change it in Darkness II.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    They had the same issue with Borderlands =(

Armory

I love Johnny lol

Last edited by grandpab; 2012-02-16 at 05:43 AM.