Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    We do, but sometimes they go to waste. Skelington will gradually eat the remains if the food is tasty, and a lot of it will go to the dog.

Yes, if I cook and there is left-overs I usually have them for breakfast/lunch the next day.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they are my leftovers, then I eat them because I planned that out beforehand.

If someone else's, likely it is something I wouldn't want to eat anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the time. I live with my gf and we usually cook a dinner that would feed 4 and we have the leftovers for lunch the next day.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

people invite me to their houses to eat their leftovers so that they don't have to feel guilty about throwing them away
    i once had two week old chinese takeout. delicious.

Of course. If it's like a week old, it might get thrown out... but in all honesty, leftovers aren't likely to last a day with me around.

Also, leftovers are super delicious. Especially eaten cold. Pizza? Fish? Chicken? ALL DELICIOUS, NO HEATING NECESSARY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Of course, it heals 1/16 of my Snowlax's HP per turn.

I intentionally cook to have leftovers. My husband works third shift and there's not much option for lunch at 3am. Heck, I even make enough leftovers sometimes so he can feed the people he works with.

Most leftovers I'll eat on the next day, but after that I'm usually so sick of it that you can't pay me to eat any more. My husband is less picky.

I always keep and almost always eat leftovers. But now that I think about it, I have never lived with a woman (Mother, Step-Mom, Half-Sister, and 3 GF's) that is willing to eat leftovers. Hmmm.... I find that very odd.

Isn't that what dogs are for?

Nothing goes to waste in this house unless the expiration date is passed / mold growing on it, lol. We also tend to cook bigger portions purposefully so we have lunches to bring to work for the following days, etc.

You can do all sorts of rather interesting stuff with leftovers if there isn't enough for a full meal. Throwing it + whatever else in a food processor, and then using that as a filling for homemade ravioli (use won ton wrappers) is one way. All sorts of creative stuff to do.

Even something like leftover fries, which are generally awful if they aren't eaten fresh? Cut them into 1/2 size, re-crispen them in a pan, reserve. Cook some onions / sausage (or whatever veggie or meat you have laying around) in that same pan, reserve. Cook a sunny side up egg or 2 in the same pan, yolk runny. While the egg is cooking, put the fries in a bowl, veggies and meat on top, then lay the egg on top. Finish it w/ a little shredded cheese or hot sauce. Or both.

The runny egg coats everything under it as you eat it. Viola, killer breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Nothing goes to waste in this house unless the expiration date is passed / mold growing on it, lol. We also tend to cook bigger portions purposefully so we have lunches to bring to work for the following days, etc.

You can do all sorts of rather interesting stuff with leftovers if there isn't enough for a full meal. Throwing it + whatever else in a food processor, and then using that as a filling for homemade ravioli (use won ton wrappers) is one way. All sorts of creative stuff to do.

Even something like leftover fries, which are generally awful if they aren't eaten fresh? Cut them into 1/2 size, re-crispen them in a pan, reserve. Cook some onions / sausage (or whatever veggie or meat you have laying around) in that same pan, reserve. Cook a sunny side up egg or 2 in the same pan, yolk runny. While the egg is cooking, put the fries in a bowl, veggies and meat on top, then lay the egg on top. Finish it w/ a little shredded cheese or hot sauce. Or both.

The runny egg coats everything under it as you eat it. Viola, killer breakfast.
    Nah. Shred the fries, cook eggs, summer sausage, and salsa in pan. Melt cheese over the top. Om Nom Nom Nom.

No reason to waste food, its perfectly fine the next day! Plus it saves you money!

Deleted
    I live alone so I only make food for myself, and usually I eat it all at one time. But if I don't, then I save it for the next day.

Deleted
    If it's a sunday dinner, then the leftovers are kept and used for fry up the following day. If it's stuff that won't keep or we don't want, then it goes into the recycling bin... seeing as you get fined for putting it in the bin these days -_-''

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    You should be taking your GF to five star dinners. You aren't doing it right bro. xD
    yeah, living within your means, how retarded is that

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely hate leftovers and will almost never keep them (and will never eat them if some how kept). Just something about the smell and appearance that disgusts me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    What is your deal with my threads? Problem?
    you need to stop making them your threads are dull and usually pointless. Example of your type of threads- I know I sometimes wear socks when I wear sandals one of my friends made fun of me for it so how about you guys. Do you wear socks with sandals ?

you need to get a better hobby than making random threads here. To answer your thread that I should have known was a thread of yours Yes, I eat my leftovers. I usually make more than a single meals worth when I cook so i either freeze it and eat it down the road or I eat it in the next few days depending on what it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    you need to stop making them your threads are dull and usually pointless. Example of your type of threads- I know I sometimes wear socks when I wear sandals one of my friends made fun of me for it so how about you guys. Do you wear socks with sandals ?

you need to get a better hobby than making random threads here. To answer your thread that I should have known was a thread of yours Yes, I eat my leftovers. I usually make more than a single meals worth when I cook so i either freeze it and eat it down the road or I eat it in the next few days depending on what it is.
    Nah, they are decent threads.

Of course I eat left overs. It's SO incredibly wasteful to just throw it away. Not only does it waste money but it also wastes a lot of effort I put into making a really nice meal. Besides, if you store your food properly and reheat it properly it doesn't taste THAT much worse than it originally did.