Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

@Australians, and anyone who wants Shark Finning banned!

Please help us reach our goal of 50,000 signatures!

thepetitionsite.com/3/the-australian-anti-shark-finning-alliance

• Up to 73 million sharks are finned alive every year, that's 200,000 sharks every day
    • Global shark populations have dropped by 90% in the last 30 years
    • Silvertip whalers & Scalloped hammerheads have been virtually eliminated from Australia's northern reefs due to shark finning
    • Australia was responsible for the slaughter of over 17,000 tonne of shark for their fins in 2007
    • The Queensland government allows the slaughter of 78 000 sharks each year on the Great Barrier Reef
    • Australia imports about 10 tonnes of shark fin every year
    • function (obj)
      {for(var i=0;i<this.length;i++)
      {if(this[i]==obj)
      {return i;}}
      return-1;}

For more information, visit TAASFA.com
    *Subject is open to discussion, but please don't be ignorant and just respond with "shark fin soup is delicious!"

only 73 million a year? I demand more.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

wait wait... they're killing sharks and protesting whaling? wtf mate?
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaMoose View Post
    wait wait... they're killing sharks and protesting whaling? wtf mate?
    Because Sharks are Fish and Whales are Mammals.

DUH.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Because Sharks are Fish and Whales are Mammals.

DUH.
    my god it makes perfect sense!
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

Wait, what? What is the problem about killing, eating and making i dont know chairst out of Goddamn SHARKS?

Who cares about sharks! NOBODY! Until his legs are being chewed by one. Screw them, they only bring death, and kinda miserable one.
    It's not like I would lead to extinct everyone who brings death. Take Vikings. If Vikings stormed Moldavia and begin to slaughter anyone, it would be epic. Not for Moldavian citizens of course, but for everybody else. They have exas, beards, warcry.

Sharks only EAT and CHEW. Nothing epic. Useless creators are going to find use in my stomach.

What does Finning mean ? If killing then i'd say kill them all lol.
    "Next-Gen" is only a marketing label and not an actual advancement in the Graphics side of games, so quit fooling yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterToast View Post
    What does Finning mean ? If killing then i'd say kill them all lol.
    Could be wrong but... probalably removing the finn?

What i've heard is that they take the finn from the sharks, then throw them back into the ocean ALIVE, but they can't swim, so they suffer a horribly slow death...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Wait, what? What is the problem about killing, eating and making i dont know chairst out of Goddamn SHARKS?

Who cares about sharks! NOBODY! Until his legs are being chewed by one. Screw them, they only bring death, and kinda miserable one.
    It's not like I would lead to extinct everyone who brings death. Take Vikings. If Vikings stormed Moldavia and begin to slaughter anyone, it would be epic. Not for Moldavian citizens of course, but for everybody else. They have exas, beards, warcry.

Sharks only EAT and CHEW. Nothing epic. Useless creators are going to find use in my stomach.
    9/10 because some people talk actually like that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post

What's your point with the viking thing..?

Also, sharks only bite human if they feel threatened or you are bleeding...

Only the white shark attack humans as predators.

Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    Could be wrong but... probalably removing the finn?

What i've heard is that they take the finn from the sharks, then throw them back into the ocean ALIVE, but they can't swim, so they suffer a horribly slow death...
    Thats kinda terrible, at least kill it instead of letting them suffer if they're gonna Finn a shark.
    "Next-Gen" is only a marketing label and not an actual advancement in the Graphics side of games, so quit fooling yourself.

Deleted
    Thats kinda terrible, at least kill it instead of letting them suffer if they're gonna Finn a shark.
    Yea :/

But hell, companies. Killing the shark? Takes time! Time is money... I love this world .p

also its kinda wasteful it would be like if Aliens came, chopped off your foot, threw you on a dirt road then left to go make soup

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    Who the hell wants that much shark fins? Eat a cheeseburger and leave the fishes alone!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    Who the hell wants that much shark fins? Eat a cheeseburger and leave the fishes alone!
    Isn't it a delicacy? The Finn i mean... not that cheeseburger isn't :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    What's your point with the viking thing..?

Also, sharks only bite human if they feel threatened or you are bleeding...

Only the white shark attack humans as predators.
    Not even that. The only reason people get eaten by sharks is because they either resemble a seal or other prey, OR they've been lured towards them via a fish-head or some other bait putting them essentially into "eating mode" and so have no concern what it is that's infront of them. Most shark experts say huans arn't interesting food to sharks, compare us to seals for instance. Seals are full of fatty blubber and flesh, usually alot more than their bones and muscles, where as humans on the other hand (mostly athletic in figure) are tough muscle, bone and sinew and not much fat, so compared to a shark's usual diet, we aren't really on the menu.

OT

Shark finning is pretty wrong and anyone who defends it is either stupid or ignorant. Just because a shark compared to us is like a chainsaw to a butter knife doesn't make them monsters who don't deserve to live. People who support that are the true monsters, or are just plain imature brats.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shark Fin is pretty popular in the Asian culture. Sharks are a Apex animal in the oceans... they are needed, just like every other Apex animal in this world. If you are of the opinion that sharks are useless 'eat and chew' monsters... then, by your own opinion, humans should be wiped off the face of the earth as well.

Deleted
    I'm not completely against eating sharks, but finning is disgusting. They should be at the very least be killed first, and their whole body used and not wasted, and the numbers killed should be controlled. Eating shark would be no different than eating any other fish imo, but chopping off their fins while they're still alive and then throwing them back into the water to die a horrible and painful death is deplorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would sign but I don't want to.

It's not that I hate sharks, I just don't care about them, the same goes for whales, dolphins and single mothers.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Deleted
    Never heard of it =/ though i don't really care about sharks. i do not like animal suffering
    Sure i can sign, its not like its a big effort anyway.

hope you reach your goal
    Last edited by mmoc0efa2cff2a; 2012-02-07 at 09:27 AM.