Hagara 10H - Aspect of the Pack and other various questions

Hello there,

We just managed to down our 4th heroic in a casual guild, so next save it's time for Hagara the Stormbinder. We pulled her like 8-9 times as a first approach, to establish a consistent strategy for the different phases, and we couldn't figure out how to do frost phase. Everyone does it differently, and we tried many ways, but all of them failed or simply we thought "oh, this other method is better, let's try that" without sticking to one single way of doing it. Lightning phase was no problem.

For reference our available people are:

Tank: DK or bear

Healers: Druid (can boomkin), Shaman, Disc/Holy? Priest, Holy pala

DPS: Hunter, SP, Destru Lock, Mage, Retridin, Arms warrior, Frost DK, Ele shaman.

For frost phase we've tried:

- Everyone stacks @ Hagara, AoE healing CDs, kill all crystals with multidot and stuff. Problem: we don't really have an all-ranged setup we can go with, and melee used to die here when left alone.

- Burn first crystal, start running towards 2nd, everyone moves into the bubble when spikes are coming up, let them pass by, come out again and burn 2nd crystal, rinse and repeat. Problem: heavy AoE damage with a lot of movement, and people fucked up due to not being used to the fight.

- Burn first crystal, people affected by debuff go inside the bubble to get dispeled, everyone else keeps running. Problem: people affected by debuff are left behind.

- Burn first crystal, dispel on the outer edge, spread the raid into 3 groups of 1 healer + 2 dps who go inside the bubble and stay to burn 2nd, 3rd and 4th crystal respectively.

I'm running out of ideas here, and I remember reading somewhere that Aspect of the Pack made the fight significantly easier. We do have a hunter, but we haven't tried out this method yet. The question is, won't the damage taken inside the bubble trigger the Pack debuff on the person taking damage? Cause if not, then I guess it's as easy as burning first crystal, aspect of the pack and body&soul everyone with debuff, who get dispelled in the bubble. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    try melee running round, dotters and healers in the centre. nice and easy for both runners and healers. dno the answer to the aspect question.

Hello. We did Hagara 5th as a 10 man guild and it took us 90 minutes from first pull to kill, our fasted heroic out of all of them.

We used a hunter's aspect of the pack on the frost phase, and it's super easy.

Firstly, the priest should play Holy. I heal as a Holy priest and during frost phases I just keep speed bubbling the people lagging behind. Our Disc priest focuses on dispelling all the frostflakes instantly while our Resto druid heals.

Secondly, make sure the Shaman is using grounding totem to eat all the shattered ice casts during the normal phase, it will stop the random 1 shotting.

Now for the frost phase. Just put aspect of the pack on and run around as a group. I'm assuming you will kill the crystals in 2 laps. On the first lap when the frost patches are all behind you aspect of the pack and some holy priest speed bubbles will be all you need to stay well in front of the ice wall. You don't need to dip into the middle ever.

On the second lap your druids should pop a roar if the group falls behind, this will instantly let everyone catch back up. Also, if you guys have any leather workers I highly suggest crafting "Drums of Speed". They stack with aspect of the pack and with Aspect + drums you can basically completely ignore the frost patches as you can just walk through them at normal running speed The Holy priest should be always speed bubbling the people at the back and life gripping anyone in danger.

But yeah, basically we just dispelled the debuffs instantly and never dipped into the middle and no one ever came in danger of dying unless they got hit by falling ice

So basically. Aspect of the Pack on. Dispel all debuffs instantly. Speed bubble people at the back constantly. Life grip to save people. On the second lap because there is lots of frost use druid roars and drums of speed (if available) when needed. EZPZ
    Last edited by Dorfie; 2012-02-07 at 10:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    haha my shaman alt always get oneshotted lol never thought about grounding totem lol^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    haha my shaman alt always get oneshotted lol never thought about grounding totem lol^^.
    Heh it's amazing. Basically completely negates that boss ability.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klive View Post
    I'm running out of ideas here, and I remember reading somewhere that Aspect of the Pack made the fight significantly easier. We do have a hunter, but we haven't tried out this method yet. The question is, won't the damage taken inside the bubble trigger the Pack debuff on the person taking damage? Cause if not, then I guess it's as easy as burning first crystal, aspect of the pack and body&soul everyone with debuff, who get dispelled in the bubble. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance.
    When you use aspect of the pack for the frost phase you don't need anyone to walk into the bubble. You just shouldn't be in the bubble at all if you're using aspect of the pack. Unless the group lags behind far enough that it is then required of you to all stack in the bubble so as to avoid incoming spikes, at which point the hunter would switch off his aspect while in the bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Klive View Post
    - Burn first crystal, people affected by debuff go inside the bubble to get dispeled, everyone else keeps running. Problem: people affected by debuff are left behind.
    If done propperly people won't fall behind. They just need to get into the bubble fast, you need either communication about when they can be dispelled or your healers just set up raid frames to see the bubble debuff.

With this tactic aim to be closer to the spikes in front of you then behind you, don't wait until the very last moment to run. Both because if you're close to the spikes behind you then you will fall behind with the debuff and because you get too much damadge on the first crystals in the lap and too little on the ones at the end.

If done propperly the first crystal dies before you start running, everyone stays together in the same quarter without any slowing patches, the crystals should die in 2 laps. If you only have 1 crystal left alive and it won't die, raid goes into the bubble and kills it. If someone does happen to fall behind, make a healer fall behind as well so they can be dispelled.

Deleted
    we used a combo of 3 melee (uh-dk, c-rogue, r-pala) 3 ranged ( hunter , sp, f-mage) 3 healers (shaman, h-pala, d-priest) 1 tank (b-dk)
    during ice phase the melee focus on 1 while the ranged (including healers) stand really close to wall so they can nuke the second one, aspect of the pack, dispelling inside the bubble then run out and where u ran inside and keep going. Sometimes we did the clip ( you run in and around the icewall ) so we could dps down one if needed.
    Kinda simple if you pay attention!

What we did was have our hunter stand in the middle with the rest of the ranged dps/healers for frost phase while the melee/tank ran around the outside. We had the hunter run Aspect of the pack and had it glyphed for the extra ranged that way it always reached the melee group as they ran around. The hunter will lose some dps obviously from not having hawk up, but its not a huge deal.
    <Uchirosan> Day 1 Prot Warrior
    Obsidium of Thrall 7/7M Highmaul 9/10M Blackrock Foundry

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rosan/advanced

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    standing in the middle you mean inside the bubble? taking damage?? can the healers manage the damage witha 10 man group that would have 2/3 melee + tank?

10+ Year Old Account
    The point of using aspect is so that you can stay ahead of the ice walls and so you shouldn't need to pop into the bubble. The main strategies are to have your ranged/heals stack in the middle with melee running around the outside (melee probably need to dip into the bubble or at least be on the inside edge to be reached for dispels, I don't know since we never used that strat) or just have everyone group up and run around killing the crystals. We always just had everyone run around as a group, and the person with the debuff would head to the outside of the platform then get dispelled and move back to the inside so that there wasn't ice in our way when we needed more than 1 trip around to kill them all. It does take coordination, your healers need to know when to dispel and you have to call out for things like grip or freedom for classes that don't have abilities to help them get off that ice patch. We found that was easier for us, although with the 5% nerf healing in the bubble could be the simpler way to go.

This is the strat we have found to work in ice phase. Burn the first crystal asap, then start having your ranged dps the 2nd crystal, wait for the walls to spawn and then hug close to the bubble, dpsing the crystals as you go. If you get the debuff, run into the bubble, as soon as your healers see someone has 2 debuffs (one from flake one from bubble) they should dispell, and then you get right back out. Using this method, we manage to burn all crystals in 2 rounds. Having pack makes this phase such a joke.

My raid found trying to run around the outside can be to "rng" (for my raid).
    Our first idea was to all stack on one crystal and then dance in an out of the bubble when the ice wave was coming, we found that the ice patch made that rather hard. We then tried splinting the same strat into 3 different teams, one team taking out 2 crystals, we found the teams taking out 1 crystal took to long and by the 1-2 min mark people were dieing.

We finalized our strat by having everyone stack on hagara while in the bubble with various cooldowns going....the only issue a casual guild may find with this is the need for an abnormal amount of range classes(see my guild website below), and the healing comp can be a bit brutal if you dont have a holy pally/priest(s)

Note: we had 2-3 of our normal healing/melee guys who could go range do, even though they only did ~20k dps...it was still a lot easier than them running around the outside
    Last edited by usiris; 2012-02-07 at 03:42 PM.

What about if you have no hunter hmm? No aspect of the win?

You can easily survive without aspect. Even if we didn't have aspect we would still put healers/ranged in the very middle. The damage is easy enough to heal through. You can pop a cd early to get things stable and with 3 healers they can easily keep the group alive. For the melee/tank running around the outside; if you have a hunter then it's easier to just insta dispel and not worry about dipping in the bubble, since the run speed increase will make staying ahead of the ice wall easy.

If you don't have aspect then having them pop in the bubble to drop their stack works well too. If for some reason the ice wall is catching someone, they can just dip in the bubble and let the wall pass and then pop back out.
    <Uchirosan> Day 1 Prot Warrior
    Obsidium of Thrall 7/7M Highmaul 9/10M Blackrock Foundry

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rosan/advanced