Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Currently I'm 51 and the only concern I have is the hunters and other classes pulling for me, and then not listening when I ask nicely not to pull for me, I'm aware it's a low level dungeon and I shouldn't take it seriously, but people need to learn that the "Tank" role is "tank" for a reason, last I checked DPS weren't meant to pull.
    When im tanking I prefer DPS to be pulling, as long as there isnt a mage bodypulling and getting killed. But as long as our healer and tank (me) is capable to handle the adds / packs, i prefer them to pull, as they can often keep the flow of moobs alot faster than if i were the only one to pull.

With the new 500% threat keeping aggro or getting it isn't even an issue anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    No reason why you shouldn't take it seriously.
    If they are doing it at that level, they will continue to do it at 85 and beyond.

If you are not a tank then there is no reason for you to dictate pulls without a damn good reason.

People are just too damn stupid to remember which role they signed up as.
    Exactly.. And then I had a dps who had the nerve to tell me what to tank and where to go, even though I've known the dungeon for 7 years, I'm like.. "You're not the one tanking, therefore you have no right to boss me around" and he wasn't being nice about it either, something along the lines of.. "GET THIS ONE" and.. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

Deleted
    It's not just the 60 bracket. Dps just treat tanks like dirt until 85 heroics, where they start to die very quickly if they don't let the tank aggro. Until then they'll act like morons, need on every single tank gear while not actually intending to ever tank and find every possible way to make your gaming experience as unpleasant as possible.

Personally I found the solution in leveling my 3 tanks with a friend who leveled 3 healers. I always asked politely that the dps let me aggro first, if not they didn't get any heals and died. If they complained we'd just leave the group to their one hour queue as dps and find another group in a matter of minutes. Made life so much easier^^

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    I have tanked for years so luckily I didn't run into this. But you are the same type of person they bitches at tanks at level 85. "WTF how did you get to 85 without learning to tank" We have so many new bad tanks because people like you never let them learn how to tank
    AMEN! preach it brother!

Deleted
    There are two sides to this.

Most people on here will baby your feelings and tell you that tanks get abused a lot, ignore the assholes, etc. etc. and so forth. This is true to an extent and you do need a thick skin if you're new to tanking because you will get a lot of abuse. Why? Because the tank sets the pace for the run, if you're playing a DPS and you're inexperienced then you won't slow anyone down except your own recount numbers. If you're a tank and you're inexperienced then you'll slow the whole group down and they won't like that. This doesn't change at 85.

Which brings me to the other side of the coin. If people are telling you to pull faster, chances are you can pull faster. A good tank leads groups by default, if you're chain pulling and holding aggro then nobody will say anything to you. Quite the contrary, they will listen to whatever you have to say. At least most of the time, there's always that one idiot on that one run but if you're a good tank you'll just get him killed and the rest of the group won't mind.

Personally I didn't even feel comftorable tanking until I had extensive experience DPSing first (and I mean really extensive, as in years of hardcore raiding on a DPSer), I had already led 25m raids and I knew all of the 5 mans inside and out. And even then I played Prot spec in quests and mob grinding for a bit before doing any dungeons. When i finally entered a dungeon nobody said jack shit to me all the way until 80 (this was in WotLK). I have a friend who's played for years on DPS and heals, he's a better player than 99% of our server and he's still not comfortable with making a tanking. That's not to say that you have to do this, but if you don't and you slow the group down due to inexperience then be prepared for abuse because it's just going to happen.

So you got three choices:
    a) Don't tank until you're more prepared
    b) Tank at your own pace and deal with people getting frustrated at you, you will eventually get better and they'll stop
    c) Get better and faster at tanking and take control of the groups (kind of linked to a and b)
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2012-02-07 at 11:13 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Morons are everywhere. Just put them on ignore - supposingly, you will never meet them again. Sure, there will be other morons but being bothered by them is not worth it. When I tank I just do my job and don't bother with how people behave. If their behaviour has bad influence on the dungeon progression, I vote kick them.

10+ Year Old Account
    And last thing I have to say is thank god I'm getting to 70 where I can join my gf's priest healer so we can queue together, may have more pull with dungeons that way.

don't be so emotional, just ignore it and play along and at 85 join a nice guild and avoid the harassment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just ignore everyone that moans. They can't do anything to you anyway, you have the power of fast queues.

Heh. I see this all the time. People are really impatient. And most (if not all) lower level toons are just alts of people who have at least 2-3 85 at raiding level gear. So they want to raid with those alts and all they care it the fastest way to 85. Hence all those rushy idiots. Plus add to this long dps queues. When they are finally in dungeon they want it completed asap. My responses for:

"WTF FASTER" - go ahead, don't let me stop you.
    "Need Shield for OS" - need spirit mace for OS/greed spec. Or more elaborate: Yeah, ninja my MS gear and then qq how my tanking gear suxx.
    "MORE MORE I have only 10mins lolz" - then don't queue if you can't contribute.

"Is this just the 60 bracket? do they get better as you go up? I honestly want to know". Nope. It happens all the time since lvl 15 when you can do dungeons. At lower levels (till Outland) ninja'ing is almost common practice as there you don't really need a tank. Those dungeons you can do as 5 dps as long 2 of them have some healing (I think Druid + Priest, rest whatever you like). Hell, few times I was tanking as Holy Priest with 3 dps (feral cat, rogue and ele shammy) while waiting for a tank to pop in.

Later, Outland, typical 1/1/3 setup should come but healer is needed for boss fights. But still it's a race not a dungeon run. Northrend is similar. Yesterday I did few runs (lvl 73-75). Damn. Group of 85s wouldn't be faster than us. You remember Gundrak? Shortly before final boss. Terrace with 3-4 groups of trolls. Back in WotLK you kill one group by one and try not to aggro more. Now we pulled all 4 groups and pwned them hard. No tactics, no CC, just pure brute force.

My advice: don't pay attention to all those rushy idiots. Progress on your own pace. Either they leave because they think you should run faster or they kick you. No big deal, tanks get instant queues after all. Ah, btw - for all those "TANK FASTER" I reply: "DPS FASTER you slacker".

Until lvl 85 HCs you shouldn't have problems with people pulling aggro off of you. Most times they can handle it. But if they cannot - let them idiots die. Either they calm down or leave. Win-win situation.

I can understand both sides, my main is a Warrior tank and it sucks when a dps pulls some mobs only because he has an ability proc or something like that. Everybody starts to dps the mobs split up and you have to pick them up doing 130% aggro of the dps to get them back.....
    But if thats the thing, just let them die, and start pulling that he cant be rezzed and has to walk into the instance, he will not do that again =) if he leaves you get a new one from dungeonfinder

BUT there are so many bad tanks out there. You dont need to wait after every trash group. Espacially in lower dungeon as warrior tank you can charg -> bomb group -> (dont pause! look for healer mana!) charge -> bomb group
    It sucks when you have a keyboard turning tank that is so slow that you could farm that dungeon three times with a good tank in the same time ("good" means NOT good gear)
    Perhaps Threadstarter is really too slow, think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kweeble View Post
    That's how I leveled all my characters. In all seriousness, with BoAs on my characters, I don't care if someone is tanking, and I won't be patient enough to wait. The NPC will die so quickly, tanking is completely irrelevant. Just smile and go along with, they're all noob dungeons that anyone can faceroll, at 85 it's a different story.
    Then at 85, he won't know how to tank because you did it all for him on the way up. Then you'll complain about the quality of his tanking.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Currently I'm 51 and the only concern I have is the hunters and other classes pulling for me, and then not listening when I ask nicely not to pull for me, I'm aware it's a low level dungeon and I shouldn't take it seriously, but people need to learn that the "Tank" role is "tank" for a reason, last I checked DPS weren't meant to pull.
    When dps keep pulling I let them tank ^^ When they die few times they tend to stop pulling ... or leave which suits me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    great thing about being a tank, just leave those crappy and impatient players to their que times. just wait a few then get an insta que again.you'll get that in every single bracket.
    Do this, but its flawed, if your a tank and you leave half way through, that group gets priority in the que line and jump to the front, so your only costing them seconds, but hey it makes you feel better
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    In all fairness, I much prefer the over excited dpsers to the damn afk leechers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha yeah i always like those.

If he stresses you to pull faster - pull slower.
    If he tells you hee needs to be faster because of (reason) - tell him not to queue if he is short on time.
    If he only wants the final Boss for the badges - do the optional Bosses aswell (slowly if he gets insulting)
    If he is pulling for you - let him die (talk to healer first)
    If the healer pulls - try to back off and let him die aswell
    If the puller uses tricks or misdirection - just sit and wait or jump on your mount (tricks/MD has 40 yards range needs LoS and doesnt work while mounted)
    If he redistributes your Targetmarks - reset them to their original distribution (twice)
    If he attacks his marked target wich isnt the first target - let him tank it, eventually he dies
    After he died by a Mob he pulled, taunted or pulled threat - taunt the Mob(s) before they harm innocent Players
    If he rolled for stuff you first need and won - leave group. If its not the finall boss he sits another 30 min in queue because being a douchbag

If all above doesnt work try to kick him (if it worked the other got annoyed by him aswell od didnt read the name)
    If he wont be kicked leave the group (if he didnt get kicked the others are douchbags aswell - so no need to stay)

Or if you have enough time and like to teach a lesson, just sit and wait..... He will then most likely insult you, try to go further without you, die severak times and leave the group. Or he kicks you... dont bother cause you have instant Invite. In Any case you win.

I had someone really annoying once in the group. I did all the above.. in the end i sit and waited, he pulled, died insulted and left the group. I apologised to the other players for waiting. Most of them said i did the right thing and he deserved it.

dont listen to those annoying DPS who tells you to pull faster. Its a game after all and everyone in the group should have fun. (This includes yourself). In my case it is unrelaxing to chainpull stuff while your healer dies by heartattack.
    Last edited by Uriel; 2012-02-07 at 11:30 AM.

Deleted
    Learn to pull faster like every tank before you. Doing new things is hard? It's same for everyone and it gets easier the more you do it. Just don't become one of those super emo tanks that qq about everything that happens against their will or that can't handle different types of people.

15+ Year Old Account
    I never heal the dps when they pull before the tank. Hey, it´s not our fault that you died. Could we have prevented it, maybe, but you´ll have to learn the hard way.

If I tank I let the guys who pull for me handle the mobs. You pull it, you tank it.

If I dps, I tell the healer/tank not to worry about me if I pull something. Don't heal me, don't taunt off me, it'll save you some trouble.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

I dont get it why so much tanks thinks when someone says "pull faster plz" that they have to do it slower....
    I'm playing tank and I want to go through the dungeons as FAST as possible. It not only a pain in the ass for others, i would hate that too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    My advice: don't pay attention to all those rushy idiots. Progress on your own pace. Either they leave because they think you should run faster or they kick you. No big deal, tanks get instant queues after all. Ah, btw - for all those "TANK FASTER" I reply: "DPS FASTER you slacker".
    They can't DPS faster if you're not pulling.

Impatient and bad-mannered DPS are a problem, but an attitude like what you describe isn't exactly a solution. And before you get all angry at me too, I've leved 3 tanking toons and I'm on my 4th right now. By contrast I've only leveled 2 DPS toons and one of them was many years ago in vanilla WoW and not through 5 mans so it doesn't count. Quite frankly it's very frustrating to get slowpoke tanks that take (no exaggeration) 1-2 minutes between each pull. I don't care how new or inexperienced anyone is, there's nothing in the game that'll warrant waiting 70-80 seconds just to pull a pack of 2 mobs.

Yes there are douchebag DPS who will whine no matter what, but there are also terrible tanks who have no business queuing as that role. I think if someone isn't comfortable enough at the game to keep a decent pace through a 5 man then they have no business tanking (talking in general here, no necessarily the OP). You can't just dismiss all the frustrated DPS as "idiots" and brush it off. If a tank is getting repeated complaints about the speed of their pulling then perhaps there's something to that. I think anyone queuing as a tank is accepting responsibility for keeping the group at a steady pace. 1-2 dissenting asshole can be ignored, but if it's happening in literally every 5 man then perhaps the tank in question really is being too slow.

Quite frankly I think good tanks LIKE dps like this. I know I do, given a choice between 3 DPS who will babysit my feelings and 3 DPS that'll pull, aggro and overall rip the instance a new one I'd much rather have the latter. It's a hell of a lot more interesting that way, not to mention faster.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2012-02-07 at 11:28 AM.