Thread: World Of Tanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    This has happened medium vs medium tank for me also. I don't expect every shot to be an instant kill or hit but again obviously gold ammo is OP. Basically in my tier I see that gold ammo has twice amount penetration as "normal" ammo. Hey its free and bascially you have to live with if you chose to play for free. Again its a HUGE rip-off buying gold ammo, in my opinion. Like I said in my analogy if for something that you "consume" or actually use in a game and pay real-life money to replenish it is stupid. Imagine paying say and extra $10/month for hunter hours or if you are a serious raider that may double to an addition $20/month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    This has happened medium vs medium tank for me also. I don't expect every shot to be an instant kill or hit but again obviously gold ammo is OP. Basically in my tier I see that gold ammo has twice amount penetration as "normal" ammo. Hey its free and bascially you have to live with if you chose to play for free. Again its a HUGE rip-off buying gold ammo, in my opinion. Like I said in my analogy if for something that you "consume" or actually use in a game and pay real-life money to replenish it is stupid. Imagine paying say and extra $10/month for hunter hours or if you are a serious raider that may double to an addition $20/month.
    Gold ammo is not going to be the deciding factor in who wins an engagement. It will help, but gold ammo does not magically mean you get to ignore the game's mechanics, it just means that when you get a solid hit, it will probably do a little more damage.

Again, you are not losing fights because someone is using premium ammo (protip: no one uses premium ammo outside of very high-tier battles), you are losing them because you have no fuckin idea how the game works.

Again, if you really care, you need to spend some time reading. Their strategy forums have some fantastic topics stickied that will teach you everything you need to know to dominate people.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Gold ammo is not going to be the deciding factor in who wins an engagement. It will help, but gold ammo does not magically mean you get to ignore the game's mechanics, it just means that when you get a solid hit, it will probably do a little more damage.

Again, you are not losing fights because someone is using premium ammo (protip: no one uses premium ammo outside of very high-tier battles), you are losing them because you have no fuckin idea how the game works.

Again, if you really care, you need to spend some time reading. Their strategy forums have some fantastic topics stickied that will teach you everything you need to know to dominate people.
    Whoah, Woah. First off you do not know how I play..tvm. I'm actually very good with my tank. Gold ammo is a HUGE factor. Listen if you buy gold ammo, more power to you. Reason why the game lives and I can play. My point again is alot time I will pump ammo into a tank and they bounce off and yess I do know about angles, slope armor, weak points and such. You just think I don't. Guess I'll make the assumption you are a gold buyer who can't play unless he has advantage over people. GOOD FOR YOU!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Whoah, Woah. First off you do not know how I play..tvm. I'm actually very good with my tank. Gold ammo is a HUGE factor. Listen if you buy gold ammo, more power to you. Reason why the game lives and I can play. My point again is alot time I will pump ammo into a tank and they bounce off and yess I do know about angles, slope armor, weak points and such. You just think I don't. Guess I'll make the assumption you are a gold buyer who can't play unless he has advantage over people. GOOD FOR YOU!!
    You wouldn't be fucking crying about your attacks doing no damage if you're aware of how to play and what you should be doing with a given tank. I already outlined the roles for each tank type (Light, Medium, Heavy, Arty, TD, and Chaffee) previously in the thread. I already told you that armor slope plays a big factor, and that you can get solid hit that does very little HP damage but cripples or destroys modules.

I've used both premium ammo and regular ammo and it's not a huge difference. Premium ammo will do damage more consistently because it has higher armor penetration, but it's not like equipping it allows you to completely fucking ignore game mechanics.

I'm assuming you don't know how to play because everything you've said is something that someone that doesn't know how to play would say. I said that shit myself when I first started (OMFG I SHOT A TANK IN THE BUTT AND NO DMG OMFG FUCKING BULLSHIT, etc.) Then I did some reading and learned how to make every shot count and how to be useful regardless of which tank I use.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Tone it down guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlatica View Post
    compared to WoW, WoT pvp is much more balanced.

this is how gameplay looks like if you are addicted as I

btw: while there is pay to win possibility in this game, I would say it is quite expensive and only few players is using it in regular games. And if you are noob even that do not help you at all.

well you ruined that video with the music :\ wtf was that playing?!

This past weekend had x5 XP which was a great way to level up some tanks, coupled with the Battle of Kasserine Pass sale (50% off some tanks, including a Pkwz IV which i bought). Feb 22nd will also be a x5 XP night, celebrating 200k "Likes" on Facebook.

I have an entirely free account -- never paid a $ yet. I don't have a problem spending money on a game I like (i'll spend some good coin on WoT eventually), but I've got a perverse competition with myself to try to run my stable of tanks as efficiently as possible.

I find running a stable of tier 4-5-6s, allows me to make money to fund a tier 7/8/9 tank. I was running 3 tier 7s at once, and watched my account basically stall (didn't make money, didn't lose money).

The great thing about WoT is that all the brackets are fun and competitive. Starting with Tier 1 & 2 tanks, all the way to Tier 9 & 10 matches. The level of balance in the game is fantastic.

Deleted
    I've begun going way too much 'in character' about my crew members, assigning them to tanks and micromanaging according to what medals they earn and what they perform in battles. So far my highest ranked officer is my Commander of my Chaffee who's First Sergeant but going on a rank up soon. I have WAY too much fun talking to my virtual crew members and treating them like real people...

Oh, and regarding the gold slugs vs. regular slugs - I've never used a single gold slug but my record is 10 kills in a match. If you know how and where to place your shots, it's virtually impossible to fail. But if you're in a med, you can laugh at the guys who don't know how to utilize their fire =)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Jesus christ dude, did you even read any of the shit we typed? We're telling you how to play and all you do is come back here and whine.

ARMOR SLOPE IS FUCKING IMPORTANT. SHOOTING A TANK IN THE ASS IS NOT NECESSARILY GOING TO KILL THEM OR EVEN HURT THEM..
    You just state the reason gold ammo is stupid. People who use it do not need to know how to properly engage or kill a tank. Trust me I have been head-on by some bs light tanks and easy armor penetration. When gold ammo gives you about 35% more chance to hit/penetrate than you need less skill. Anyways its how they make their money and for the noobs I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now i am griding till hellcat (wich will come next patch). And heck i never seen any1 using gold ammo in random matches 7g per shot is a lot. Here is a example of a game (when i am winning--and yes i have tier 9 tank).

It takes abauth half a year of slowpoke griding with no premium at all to reach top tanks. I havent spend a penny on this game yet (not until they fix lag).
    Don't sweat the details!!!