Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    We 1 tank and 2 heal it, we have successfully killed it with warrior, dk, bear and paladin tank. It's not that hard, just know when to pop cds. The debuff shouldn't be a problem at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emane View Post
    We 1 tank and 2 heal it, we have successfully killed it with warrior, dk, bear and paladin tank. It's not that hard, just know when to pop cds. The debuff shouldn't be a problem at all.
    Hard is a relative term. 1 tank 2 healing Yor with a Warrior tank is very very hard relative to using a DK tank. It's also pretty damn hard relative to most of the healing jobs one does throughout DS.

A warrior tank who wants to solo tank needs the TB trinket tbh and elixers helps as well. That said 2 tanking, 2 healing is the way to go. 3 healers won't help you anything compared to 2 when purple is up (which is a lot of the time) and 2 tanks means absolutely no chance of tank deaths if done right.

We've been killing this fight since week 2 of Hc being available and I can honnestly say we have never had a tank death ever, that includes during progression. The damadge is just really low when you're only going up to 3 stacks and using cd's apropriatly. You'll most likely have more dps as well going 2 tank/2 healers then 1 tank/3 healers.

Deleted
    Thanks to everybody in this thread who've come with alot of options.

We're going to give 2/2 a try tonight with me as bear tank & the warrior tank. We both possess our 4 sets so we got raid mitigation across the board.

Just a quick question though, will my frenzied regen give deep corruption stacks? Or should I just glyph it for 30% extra healing on everybody instead of helping out on aoe-healing?

Once again, thanks alot!

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Okay I will take your word for that, since you're the Prot Warrior, not me.

On a general note, I do believe Prot Warriors are the least favoured for most HM's in this Tier. To the point where if you can chose, it'd be a wise thing to have another MT than a Warrior. I know that my guild wouldn't have gone into this Tier with a Prot Warrior as MT, not in a life time. Kinda sad that there has to be such a big gap between the tanking classes that a trinket 2 Tiers behind will make or break fights for 1 tanking class imo.
    If you dont use the trinket then you are too stuck on ilvl or something. That trinket should be used by every tank on h]that fight. No trinket will provide a larger benefit.

Who cares if it is 2 tiers behind. It is 1 of the most OP tanking trinkets they have ever had.

---------- Post added 2012-02-09 at 03:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fullblod View Post

We're going to give 2/2 a try tonight with me as bear tank & the warrior tank. We both possess our 4 sets so we got raid mitigation across the board.

Just a quick question though, will my frenzied regen give deep corruption stacks? Or should I just glyph it for 30% extra healing on everybody instead of helping out on aoe-healing?

Once again, thanks alot!
    Unglyphed does NOT give stacks. You should save it for a raid CD when you get blue, green, purple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by defer09 View Post
    If you dont use the trinket then you are too stuck on ilvl or something. That trinket should be used by every tank on h]that fight. No trinket will provide a larger benefit.

Who cares if it is 2 tiers behind. It is 1 of the most OP tanking trinkets they have ever had.

Unglyphed does NOT give stacks. You should save it for a raid CD when you get blue, green, purple.
    Do you have issues reading or understanding? I never said anything bad about that trinket, only that I don't have it and that I find it weird that a trinket that is "needed" for a certain tanking class is 2 Tiers behind.

And no, I'm not stuck on ilvl, I use what is appropriate for me to use on any given fight. And something you probably missed as well, is that I don't have any issues tanking Yor'sahj without that TB trinket. So no, it's not a must for everyone doing Yor'sahj HM dude. While it may be for you, don't just conclude on others behalf kkthx.

---------- Post added 2012-02-09 at 09:39 PM ----------

Once again, thanks alot!
    Glyph of Frenzied is the better way to go. Unglyphed you rage starve yourself and 30% added healing is a lot.

Once again, thanks alot!
    Glyph it because the healing throughput of your healers with the 30% buff will easily be greater than the healing output of unglyphed FR.

When I was progressing on HC Yorsahj I would do this (as a bear):
    • Single tank
    • Glyph FR
    • Use 2% Spell reduction meta
    • Use resistance elixir + mastery elixir instead of flask
    • Pop Barkskin @ 3 stacks of void bolt
    • Pop TB Trinket @ 5 stacks of void bolt (or exactly as BS expires)
    • Saved SI for Purple+Black+Red phase so i required less healing with the debuff

My healers say tank healing is easy though, so these days I have started cutting back on some of this like I just roll with whatever Flask i have on etc.

You are crazy if you think glyphed is better then non glyphed. Non glyphed basically gives you a mini tranq that doesnt give stacks.

Deleted
    Glyphed or unglyphed depends on the fight. For Yor'saghj unglyphed is better, the HoT is much more beneficial to your survival than 30% increased healing.

On most other fights though I'd prefer to have my heals increased by 30% than to have that HoT. Yor'saghj purple phase is an exception.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2012-02-10 at 01:55 AM.

Deleted
    Going with 3 healers seems to me like a bad idea in general. Due to the purple add it's not gonna help you in any way. We do it with a warrior every week with a priest and a shaman healing him. We've given it a few tries with priest and druid healing but druids in general doesn't seem to be up to the challenge so I guess you could partially blame your healing setup.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Glyphed or unglyphed depends on the fight. For Yor'saghj unglyphed is better, the HoT is much more beneficial to your survival than 30% increased healing.

On most other fights though I'd prefer to have my heals increased by 30% than to have that HoT. Yor'saghj purple phase is an exception.
    This whole thread is about Yor Sahj.

I dont think you can 2 heal if 1 of the healers is a druid. Since they have no reduction CD like raid bubble/totem/AM they really are not usefull for any with purple.

Deleted
    This whole thread is about Yor Sahj.

I dont think you can 2 heal if 1 of the healers is a druid. Since they have no reduction CD like raid bubble/totem/AM they really are not usefull for any with purple.

Sure u can, we 2 healed it with both pala/druid and priest/druid combo, just need good players

Regarding warrior tanks on this fight, were just the weakest class, i tanked it once on my warrior we killed it, but it was nowhere near as stable as it was when our druid tanks it, or heck even when i tank it on my DK alt which really takes the piss with that encounter.

Other then that, i just suggest get yourself a dps spec, it just makes the fight so much cleaner and faster to clear, its sad but unfortunately the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    I like how people come here and say 'Eeeh 3 heal? Eeh TB trinket? lulz our dk/bear/paladin don't need these things u must b bad'

Are people really THAT ignorant about the state of warrior tanks? The only fight this tank class/spec is viable in t13 is spine heroic, blood kiting. A warrior tank gets destroyed on H YorSahj, annihilated at H Zonozz (good luck going higher than 5 orb stacks with a warrior) and I'm not even talking about his 'cooldowns' for madness. 2min 40% or 3min 60% and that's it.

To OP, we had a similar experience with out alt-run, I suggest changing your tank to bear if that warrior does have a dps spec. Anyway, warriors are MUCH better as dps on this fight than either ferals or boomkins.
    altough i agree with warrior tanks being a bit gimped atm they're not that bad as you're saying them to be.

I'm in a 5/8 hc guild now and i'm the warrior MT and so far i'm not having much problems getting oneshotted like you say I should be. we do Yorsahj with 2 healers 1 tank (warrior) and it goes fine. healers even said they didn't have much problems. it's all about communication & use of cooldowns.

to OP: there is a guide on how to Yorsahj HC as prot warr. i suggest you read it.

PS: tbh there wasn't even a need to create this thread if u just used the search function on the warrior forums.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...vs-Yor-sahj-HC
    Last edited by gruxxar; 2012-02-10 at 09:48 AM.

Blue, green, purple? You are telling him to use a raid CD on the easiest combo? Save all raid cd's for red, yellow, black. It is the only time the healing really gets intense. All the other phases are basically just managing purple.