Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Teleport to Starship

Who else would love a teleport to starship ability

One to beam up.

Shit, wrong IP.

If it replaced the current fleetpass ability/items, I would be okay with this.

Anything to not have to go through 20 orbital station loading screens....
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karshtakavaar View Post
    If it replaced the current fleetpass ability/items, I would be okay with this.
    Fleetpass already has an 18hr CD. I reckon a 2hr CD would be fair for a starship port

Would be cool but I'd rather save it and have a teleport for the Guild Capital ship when those comes around.
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

<in the middle of massive starship battle between Republic and Empire>

Officer: Captain, we have inbound teleport request, sir.
    Captain: Yeah, yeah, put them through.
    Officer: Aye aye, sir.
    <teleport bzzz's>
    Proton torpedo: O, hai
    Starship crew: fuuuuuuuu....

I concur with Grable; the bit that frustrates me the most is being required to travel through the interior of numerous orbital stations that all look the same, and appear far too large in size.

Unless you're a force user with some kind of Sprint ability; jogging through orbital stations, each with a loading screen, starts to get old after a while. An additional 'grievance' would be mono-destination elevators and teleporters. It feels very 'clunky' to have to click on a 'button' twice, simply to travel to one location. Ideally either hitting the button once, or simply walking close to it should be enough to trigger a new zone.

A teleport to starship would indeed be handy; but it is not a huge stretch to teleport to the fleet, and move to your starship from there; given there is no orbital station in between.

The concept is nice; I feel the implementation could have been a bit smoother and less of a time-sink.

My 2c.
    -Vin-

10+ Year Old Account
    I would support one of these greatly. Orbital station hopping can be a bit of a pain.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Let me just show you how many black/loading screens it takes to get from Fleet to Ilum.

*Fleet elevator loading screen*
    *Personal ship entrance loading screen*
    *Personal ship exit loading screen*
    *Orbital station elevator loading screen*
    *Ship to Ilum loading screen*

+ a whole lot of running
    Last edited by Grable; 2012-02-07 at 02:36 PM.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Thought these exact same things last night as I was going from Ilum to my ship before logging. Need a bind point on the ship that is selectable from the map for Quick Travel.

Seriously, is there any reason to NOT have it the same as QT and use the same CD?

10+ Year Old Account
    This would have all the RP'ers in an uproar. They're the only reason we have the stupid space docks in the first place. "immersion" lol naat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicer View Post
    Unless you're a force user with some kind of Sprint ability; jogging through orbital stations, each with a loading screen, starts to get old after a while.
    -Vin-
    All toons get sprint at lvl 14

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to have an ability to go back to my ship. It makes more sense to me than the Orbital Fleet Passes we have at the moment, why is it I can suddenly go back to a space station that may be light-years away but yet I can't take a quick instant taxi trip to where I last parked my ship?
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Steelyorc View Post
    All toons get sprint at lvl 14
    He means an ability like the Sorcerer's Dash. And I completely agree. To add insult to the loading screens, the endless corridors of running we have to go through between the airlock and the orbital station before we can get from the fleet to our ship to another planet are just too much.

15+ Year Old Account
    At least make it so we can use mounts in the orbital stations/airlocks. That would ease the pain slightly.

Deleted
    i just wish there was a quick travel point on your ship, so at least you can get on it that way

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicer View Post
    jogging through orbital stations, each with a loading screen, starts to get old after a while. An additional 'grievance' would be mono-destination elevators and teleporters. It feels very 'clunky' to have to click on a 'button' twice, simply to travel to one location. Ideally either hitting the button once, or simply walking close to it should be enough to trigger a new zone.
    You've kind of contradicted yourself here. There are some areas with several different mono-destination elevators, and imagine if you were looking around for a certain floor, only to accidentally pass through the wrong elevator simply because you misread the name, were having trouble finding the button, or because you simply walked to close to it... You would then have to pass back through the same elevator, thus giving yourself an additional load screen for no real reason.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I think that the 18hr fleet pass should go to the fleet while the 1hr fleet passes should go to your ship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Fleetpass already has an 18hr CD. I reckon a 2hr CD would be fair for a starship port
    I believe he means the fleet pass from having an authenicatior they cost 1k credits and have a one hour cooldown
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!