Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    I'm beginning to think that big spacedocks is a design decision. The more time you spend running - the longer it takes you to accomplish things. The longer you play - the more $$ they make.
    I always /facepalm whenever I realize i've docked at an orbital spacestation

15+ Year Old Account
    Add your starship as a quick travel destination at all planets.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not every planet is capable of handling a spaceport on the planet. For example, I just arrived on Voss, and it seems to be a pre-spaceflight civilization at least... maybe even pre-industrial. I'm not far into the planet, so I'm not sure. And there's Belsavis, which is a prison planet... why would you want a spaceport on the ground, accessible to all these super-power, dangerous criminals that keep inexplicably escaping their cells? So yeah, not having a spaceport is totally understandable in some cases.

(I don't deny that it's still annoying to run through the orbital stations all the time.)
    You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelyorc View Post
    All toons get sprint at lvl 14
    He meant a +speed activated ability ......

Quote Originally Posted by Nyctanessa View Post
    Not every planet is capable of handling a spaceport on the planet. For example, I just arrived on Voss, and it seems to be a pre-spaceflight civilization at least... maybe even pre-industrial. I'm not far into the planet, so I'm not sure. And there's Belsavis, which is a prison planet... why would you want a spaceport on the ground, accessible to all these super-power, dangerous criminals that keep inexplicably escaping their cells? So yeah, not having a spaceport is totally understandable in some cases.

(I don't deny that it's still annoying to run through the orbital stations all the time.)
    Sure - it's a good explanation, but why not have a shuttle that takes you directly to your ship in that case? Like - click on the door - cutscene of shuttle flying to space station - you are on the ship.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't matter so much if each station was unique and visually interesting. Why do they all have to be exactly the same?
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Anything to not have to go through 20 orbital station loading screens....
    This x100

/10char
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Sure - it's a good explanation, but why not have a shuttle that takes you directly to your ship in that case? Like - click on the door - cutscene of shuttle flying to space station - you are on the ship.
    To be frank, I would even settle for a space station that wasn't a copy of every other space station in the universe. You could even extend them and add small quests to them, like getting clearance to enter the planet, etc. Right now every spaceport and -station looks identical and it's really boring to me.

OT, yeah I would love to be able to transport into my spaceship. Maybe something on 1-2hr cooldown. It would be very handy in all aspects of the game, whether you are leveling a character and your companion wants to talk to you, or you're maxed and gathering mats or doing dailies and need to get to your ship asap. It would certainly avoid a couple of annoying loading screens, which alone would make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyctanessa View Post

Agreed, but the spaceports are just as bad as the space stations. You have your hangar, then elevator, a long run (can't use your segway even!), it's just a waste of playtime. Even if you try to work around things, there's still a bunch of added layers just to stretch out transit time.

Deleted
    Your characters knackered even before he / she sets foot on the surface

If they moved the class instance portal to the ship door and the inside of your ship was the instance, they would only need one cut scene to get you to the next planet.