Thread: Three questions

Three questions

So I finished leveling my Sentinel, gotten a few PvP pieces and am currently destroying PvP (gear win yay). I stopped doing Ilum as it is abysmal, I'm only doing the PvP daily for the bag atm, which leaves me some time to level an alt.

I'm picking a new class, I want a class with stealth so it's a tie between JC Shadow and IA Operative.

1) In terms of leveling through PvE content, which class is easier/faster? (Shadow or Operative)
    2) Which spec and companion is best for JC Shadow for solo PvE leveling?
    3) Is leveling completely through PvP (except class quests) viable? How does one keep his gear updated if leveling exclusively in PvP?

Bonus question: which class would you recommend from your experience?
    Last edited by Grable; 2012-02-07 at 02:42 PM.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    So I finished leveling my Sentinel, gotten a few PvP pieces and am currently destroying PvP (gear win yay). I stopped doing Ilum as it is abysmal, I'm only doing the PvP daily for the bag atm, which leaves me some time to level an alt.

I'm picking a new class, I want a class with stealth so it's a tie between JC Shadow and IA Operative.

1) In terms of leveling through PvE content, which class is easier/faster?
    2) Which spec and companion is best for JC Shadow for solo PvE leveling?
    3) Is leveling completely through PvP (except class quests) viable? How does one keep his gear updated if leveling exclusively in PvP?

Bonus question: which class would you recommend from your experience?
    1) Powertech/Vanguard is very easy to level with a healer companion.
    2) Probably the top DPS one with a healer companion. I don't know the names of Rep specs.
    3) It is, but you'll cap your Valour and Mercenary/WZ commendations very fast and start gaining nothing for playing them but XP and Credits. Gearing up from WZ is very easy. Fresh set of good gear every 20 levels and regular weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerys View Post
    1) Powertech/Vanguard is very easy to level with a healer companion.
    2) Probably the top DPS one with a healer companion. I don't know the names of Rep specs.
    3) It is, but you'll cap your Valour and Mercenary/WZ commendations very fast and start gaining nothing for playing them but XP and Credits. Gearing up from WZ is very easy. Fresh set of good gear every 20 levels and regular weapons.
    Thanks for your answers. 1) question was meant only for Shadow/Operative comparison, fixed op (I know Troopers/BHs are very easy to level)
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

After levelling an operative and a shadow I can definitely say operative is faster. Levelling through pvp is definitely viable. If you win more than half your matches the credit flow can be pretty good as is the commendation gain. If you are going purely pvp and class quest only I would save and buy the 20 and 40 set from pvp and upgrade the mods with the money you gain from pvp. Should have enough to do the same for your main companion.

3) If you are going to play the shadow, I would suggest getting to Social 1 and buying the orange gear from the vendor in the first capital city, and leveling as a cybertech. Armor wise you can keep your own gear current (may have to find sum1 to make the enchancements for you, or buy on GTN) and you can easily buy new weapons (they actually have expertise before level 50) with your WZ comms.