Miner Wars 2081! New mmo.

OMG searching for games like good old Descent and Forsaken 64 i came across this game called Miner Wars. I watched a few youtube videos and must say it looks so damn sick!

The game boasts a single player and a MMO version. It has features to build your own maps, and stuff. (i can see this being as fun as Minecraft but in 3D you have to collect ore and stuff same same thing really just not blocks!)

Anyway i an going to explain this game in a bad way so i will let this video of the game features do the talking for me.

People of MMO Champion i bring you Miner Wars! A new MMO concept.

Let me know what you think. The game boasts 6DOF controls so its not likely to be a cake walk like most modern games. This will most likely be the games downfall as it was with Forsaken/Descent but for people with a high enough skill cap it should be amazing.<3

Here is a link to the Miner Wars website: http://www.minerwars.com/

The game is actually on sale at the moment if you want pre-beta access to try it out (I think the price to get into beta is a little high but you get a full copy when its out) You can try a demo also i think.

Oh yeah the MMO is a one of payment also like GW:2 pay once never pay again!. Can't wait to play this with a few mates on the projector with my joystick
    Last edited by Domiku; 2012-02-07 at 06:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The voice over put me off at first but gotta say it does look sweet, nice mixture of all the features I liked from similar single player space sims.

Apparently you can try the Demo version of the client without having to pre-purchase, just need to register.

Deleted
    Looks interesting, though the voice in the video is awful. :P

yeah video is crap and the voice makes it worse. The Demo is poor i have given it a go and you cant really do much just fly around in a box and shoot a few things. (very boring and easy). Can't really judge this on the demo though TBH the controls feel smooth and graphics are ok nothing hats going to make you go OMG though.

Cant wait to give the MMO as that will give you the real feel for this game. I can see it working out well.

I got a feeling that this game has loads of potential to become a huge hit and awesome if they just make it right. Looks cool, but is it worth buying the Alpha version for 20$ or should I just wait until they've updated it more?

its not worth it i dont think. But thats a personal opinion i would try the public beta first the price sounds a little high to me if i am honest. At least for whats currently on offer in the public beta (a box you can fly around in).

I think it has some potential also though.

Looks sick tbh. A space minecraft, and a persistent world?
    I wonder how they will make it all that happen. Sounds interesting.
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.