The only bad thing about looking for raid....

I love looking for raid it's great for alts and new players looking to get into raiding. There is only one thing about LFR that annoys me, and that is how it made the price of valor bracers and boots tank. In Firelands the price of the bracers stayed around 12k on my server, and people were always buying them. It seems like the bracers and boots just won't sell now. It's a bummer, Dragonsoul loot is just so well itemized compared to the valor loot.

Not a big deal but quite annoying as it was my main source of income in Firelands. Super annoying with how much blue quality red gems cost.

blue quality gems aren't so bad compared to the 7k epic ones. =/

the ONLY thing?

about that...

Honestly, if you're only issue with LFR is that it had a negative impact on your income, then its doing its intended job pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    Honestly, if you're only issue with LFR is that it had a negative impact on your income, then its doing its intended job pretty well.
    Haha, yeah, this says it all, really.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

My issue with it is that it allows players to join up and be AFK and then win loot, there are also bugs with it. Today I did a run and the main tank, a prot paladin got the bonus roll on the Gurth 2h sword from the last boss and won it. Though the AFK players annoy me more, as they often enough do actually win the loot, and pretty much every week I see this happen atleast once, unless you have some ragers in your group most people won't notice and thus it is easy for people to get away with it.

The badge (valor?) items are really not that badly itemised, the LFR loot is certaintly a downgrade from a few of the items I've bought (the boots/belt) and even in the case with the normal mode items it can ring true. I guess they aren't always great for every class, but then neither are the drops in the raid.

LFR is nice to get a quick raid and a chance at some easy loot, but the reality is that it is often full of people abusing each other, players who exploited the Ilvl system to get in, players who go AFK until the bosses die, players who roll on all the loot so they can try to trade (or even sell to their server) later and players who roll on items they dont need and/or already have just because they don't want the other players to have them.

It is generally full of people being disgusting towards each other and people who joined up with no intention of actually playing. Basically, it has done more bad than good. The only reason it succeeds is due to ridiculously easy bosses and a chance of an upgrade.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-02-08 at 09:02 AM.

The main problem I find is that the current DS pattern Bracers and Leggings are not as useful as the previous FL/BWD/BoT/Tot4W time.

DS Pattern Bracers are usually the BIS but only if peeps really know what is BIS and reallly willing to spend the extra gold/efforts to get it. Else the crafted bracers do not really sell.

DS Pattern Leggings are pratically useless since the T13 Leggings (can be obtained via Alizabal or DS Leggings Token) is BIS so hardly anyone will want the Crafted Leggings.

As for the VP Bracers and Boots, the VP Bracers is only costing 1250 VPs and so much cheaper than the BIS Crafted Bracers where-else, the VP Boots are still BIS for most till you start raiding Heroics DS.

So, only VP Bracers and VP Boots can still sell but not really the DS Pattern Bracers and Leggings. Since Blizz allows those who do not ever step into DS Normal to buy non-Tier 397 full sets (except weapons and off-hands), I really do not find any single slot which could be crafted and can sell with demands?

And when will Blizz gives JC some boost? Time to up the JC only Gems to next scale?

Quote Originally Posted by Bracketril View Post

And when will Blizz gives JC some boost? Time to up the JC only Gems to next scale?
    Hardly anyone outside the top guilds on each server are using epic gems in gear. Boosting JC gems wont be bringing JC to the level of other proffs... It will be making JC better than the other proffs for about 95% of players. Be happy that JC is probably the biggest money making proff out there. I must have made about 150k+ profit since christmas just by buying cheap epic gems from trade and reselling them for at least double the ammount I paid.

Deleted
    Concerning your main issue, I think LFR did a great job at it precisely: you no longer need to spend a little fortune in the AH for each new alt. It just takes a month to buy the VP stuff you're more or less sure you won't get in LFR (neck/cloak/ring/belt/relic) and then you can buy the BoE's yourself. Gear doesn't mean much anymore, as long as your alts have the ilvl to do their LFR, they can perfectly wait and buy everything on their own, there's no more hurry so people don't want to waste money anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    Not exactly it teaches people nothing. The mechanics are pretty much gone while there is little to no communication during the raid. Yes at the end they get gear that well is quite low. Now for the economy part. The games economy can be quite important especially with the failure of how they implemented epic gems. The in game economy slowly will start dying.