Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I love arms its much more fun then fury

Hell, I play SMF and its the bottom of the spec list, I still do fairly well (usually topping the charts in my guild). I just always tell people play what you want to play, not what others tell you to.
    Arthas: Father, is...is it over?
    Terenas: No son, it restarts every tuesday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Pretty sure the only reason arms is better right now is because it procs tons of tentacles when you use Gurthalak.
    What the? Why would an arms warrior with 1x Gurthalak proc more tentacles than a fury warrior with 2x Gurthalaks? Make sense dude...

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms mastery. I've yet to run into a equally geared Fury warrior who knows what they are doing that out DPS's me outside of Spine. Granted, I've been playing Arms for a long time.

Well only thing that keeps me from going back now that everything is nerfed anyways is that I am simply too annoyed by the prepull mastery gear switch ^.

Personally I hate arms spec, I went to it after the nerfs to fury and it kind of felt like being a fury warrior back in totc when you have to consistently heroic strike at all times while still pulling rotation and moving. Its too many buttons. And with the latency issues of stance dancing it just feels like im mashing my keyboard so that i change stances quick enough to keep up with the rotation. Fury is a better spec to me and my guild is at the beginings of heroic progression and my dps is always top 2-3. Personally I believe that if the fury warrior is played right the actual dps difference is very minimal and I feel more comfortable with fury on fights that have a lot of movement. So I am stay fury because me losing at the most 1k dps(most of the time alot lower) to have me feel more comfortable for fights like warmaster is worth it to me. Remember a fight is more than just dps, you have to be able to do top dps and keep up with the mechanics.( And to this day I have no had a single arms dps with equal gear do more damage than me on madness.) I personally believe that most people may think that fury is easy but i believe that it is just as hard to master as arms but with less button mashing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SleipnirRunetotemEU View Post
    so arms when i got DW weapon ?

---------- Post added 2012-02-14 at 06:06 PM ----------

also heard that i should only go arms > slam spec if i got good latency is that true ?
    Arms outperforms Fury even more-so with lower level of gear so you don't need DW wep to switch to arms.

What you are refering to is Stance Dancing while playing Arms, which might not be a good idea if your latency is not good.

Not sure what you mean by "arms > slam spec" but I guess you're on about stance dancing.

---------- Post added 2012-02-15 at 09:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Warrax View Post
    Not really, I mean yeah it proc more because of Opportunity Strike but it's not that much more, Arms is better because of AoE which inflate their dps a lot.
    Well Arms does destroy Fury on AoE fights, but they are also better on single target fights. So no, it's not just the aoe which inflate their dps. They beat Fury even in fights like morchok/ultrax/znozz(normal) which have no aoe.

In all honesty, I am going to state it again, play what you like to play because most probably if you are more interested in it, you will probably be better at it. I was doing just fine as arms (it was my favored style in wrath before they kinda messed with the rotation in cata) but it just felt boring compared to the chaotic nature of fury so I was just not caring as much. When I switched back to fury I was on the lower end at first but now that I am back in the groove of it, I rarely (if ever) see an arms warrior over me because I personally know how to time cooldowns and what not properly, better than I did with my arms spec. People really need to stop googling what is the best spec atm and just play what they truly enjoy.
    Arthas: Father, is...is it over?
    Terenas: No son, it restarts every tuesday.

Deleted
    Well tbh, an Arms warrior of equal skill and gear will easily pass you in dps.

I agree with you though, I play fury since I am in a casual guild whose only attempting morch & yorash hc, so I only go arms for yorash attempts, for morchok doesn't matter anyways since he is so easy.

So you are right if talking about someone in a casual guild. But if you're trying hc progress for instance, me doing 45k as fury on yorash is just not acceptable when I can do 65k as arms... if you know what i mean.

The only thing I miss about fury is being able to dual wield 2-handers. Especially now with transmog ><

I thought I read somewhere that fury was supposed to be ahead of arms at higher item levels. Is that assuming 2X 416 gurths maybe?

2-night progression raiding: http://www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Shadow-Raid Blog: http://shadow-raid.blogspot.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Stuff is on farm. Once I get another good wep I'l go back to having 1 arms and 1 fury spec, instead of 2 arms, and play fury more. At 400+ Item level, it just doesn't matter anymore for farm bosses, hasn't for a while TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Cainoftheturks View Post
    Hell, I play SMF and its the bottom of the spec list, I still do fairly well (usually topping the charts in my guild). I just always tell people play what you want to play, not what others tell you to.
    The correct response. A good raid can calculate dps #'s. Even if you choose to play the weaker spec if you give it your all and pull off decent #'s for that spec there shouldnt be any problems. Unless your on an elitist server or guild. All specs are playable. People like to whine is all. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    The correct response. A good raid can calculate dps #'s. Even if you choose to play the weaker spec if you give it your all and pull off decent #'s for that spec there shouldnt be any problems. Unless your on an elitist server or guild. All specs are playable. People like to whine is all. :/
    There is a difference between being an elitist, and trying to get the best out of your class in order to help your guild optimize progression.

Having said that, I hate people who say you should go arms when someone asks a question about Fury. Answer the goddamn question or don't post. However if someone asks what is the optimal spec/most damage I can put out with a warrior then you give that answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bekro View Post
    There is a difference between being an elitist, and trying to get the best out of your class in order to help your guild optimize progression.

Having said that, I hate people who say you should go arms when someone asks a question about Fury. Answer the goddamn question or don't post. However if someone asks what is the optimal spec/most damage I can put out with a warrior then you give that answer.
    I get what your saying but why can't a player play his favorite spec throughout an entire raid? Its not that big a deal to me but hopefully the new talents will fix the system a little bit. Im sure the Fury thing will get addressed. Which would kinda answer the comeback debate......maybe
    As for optimal dps for a given class. It should be more spec based and less class based imo. So players don't have to play something they don't want.
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2012-02-17 at 02:59 PM.

Deleted
    Fury will not come back, it will become better than it was at the beginning of the tier in end game gear and close the gap on Arms but still a remain fair bit short of the mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cainoftheturks View Post
    That really only works in casual guilds though, or if you are amazing at the one and absolutly sucky and the other (Normally really good players can play all specs well). Playing a subpar spec can really hold up progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping they keep the specs close during Mists. I am enjoying the sudden surge in Arms usefulness and competitiveness and I don't want to see DPS conversations go back into the Fury warrior circle jerk-fests like they were in previous expansions. Wrath killed Fury for me, and I have no desire to go back to it anytime soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoyoyo View Post
    U see many warriors switching from arms to fury mostly because they've finished progression and now they can play spec they like more, or they are progressing spine HC, and fury is better there. Arms is still better dps spec
    I agree with this as well. Many people in my guilds (got my alts spread over several guilds) and myself included are tired of the "best" spec after more than 2 months using it exclusively for progression. On farm content most of us just play whichever spec/class we feel like even if it's technically not the best choice or causes us to miss some buffs but it doesn't really matter I guess. I can see some arms warrior who got double gurthalak and thought that it's a waste not using both lol.

Deleted
    arms ? rly? so wut theu make some extra numbers in recount.....FURRY FTW

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Unless your on an elitist server or guild. All specs are playable.
    When you have 10 out of 25 people using the most optimal spec as opposed to what they prefer it makes a massive difference, easily big enough for that 1% wipe to turn in to a kill, or to get that set of adds down before the next phase etc.