Guildwars 2 server, how would they look like?

I can't find any post about this.
    How will GW2 deal with these servers?

In GW, there were so many servers, but you can just swap from one server to other server as a matter of "clicking".
    That was what i didn't like so much.

At Vanilla, you choose server, and you stick there till your eyes bleed. Or pay to transfer to other server.

But what abt GW2?! Will there be just one server to stick forever? I really hope, it just creates more chances to seeing each other more often.
    Mixed up servers that you can just jump from server - server reduces meeting "known people" greatly.

Deleted
    From what I understand, you can switch servers whenever you want to for free, but with a "cooldown".
    You won't be able to participate in some parts of the game either ( for a short amount of time ), such as WvWvW.

You can switch servers for free, but to discourage switching too much you can't participate in WvWvW that week when you transfer. So you're not separated from friends on other servers, but you also won't be 'district hopping' like in GW1.

They haven't give too many details about this though, all they said was;

- Switching will be free and easy.

- You won't benefit from bonuses from WvWvW nor you can compete in WvWvW.

10+ Year Old Account
    We believe the servers will be in the more traditional MMO sense. But it's one of those things ArenaNet haven't talked about publicly, presumably because they want to be able to change their mind if need be.

They really do need to fully explain how server switching and WvWvW works. Are server switches permanate or are they temporary? When i create a character on Server A and my friend on Server F and i then Switch to Server F when i log in again does my character still belong to Server A or is now a part of Server F?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    They really do need to fully explain how server switching and WvWvW works. Are server switches permanate or are they temporary? When i create a character on Server A and my friend on Server F and i then Switch to Server F when i log in again does my character still belong to Server A or is now a part of Server F?
    One would assume server F.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking something like this.

Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    They haven't give too many details about this though, all they said was;

- Switching will be free and easy.

- You won't benefit from bonuses from WvWvW nor you can compete in WvWvW.
    Aww, i hope that benefit is SO HUGE that it discourages you from switching to other servers all day.

We will see indeed..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenjie View Post
    Aww, i hope that benefit is SO HUGE that it discourages you from switching to other servers all day.

We will see indeed..
    I think the biggest factor in stopping the majority of people from server hopping will be social ties.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenjie View Post

We will see indeed..
    There's this...and also that you'll always be matched against comparitively equal servers. So even if you go to one of the best you're not assured of a win. Although it should be more fun for more skilled players.
    These two things will deter server hopping to chase benefits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone have a source on server transfers being free? As far as I know they have never said free, just easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Zed View Post
    I'm thinking something like this.

i was thinking
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass