Poll: Video Guides vs Text Guides - Which do you prefer?

Video Guides vs Text Guides - Which do you prefer?

I have noticed that video guides are starting to be a lot more popular nowadays. When you need information, do you prefer to read it or watch/listen to it?

I generally prefer text guides. With text, you can scroll through the page very fast and use the find feature to find exactly what you need. With a video, I find that there is always some useless information that I do not care about, such as the speaker's introduction. If I skip over too much though, I could easily miss the information that I am looking for.

Which type of guide do you prefer and why?

Edit: Not sure why this was moved. It has nothing to do with WoW, just guides in general.
    Last edited by LaughingMan; 2012-02-08 at 11:52 AM.

Text guides all the way. I will not watch video guides just because they tend to just graze over the details, not to mention the bullshit that comes with video guides: as you said- their introduction, and also commentary, something I do not care one bit for. I don't want to listen to a tangent about how your cat did a backflip today

10+ Year Old Account
    Text guide. I've seen a few video guides and every time has been a disappointment.

i prefer text guides because again ( Ctrl + F )* keyword = SCIENCE!!
    i've seen some good video guides, but they're kinda hit or miss, and if i'm looking at a guide, it means i'm in no mood for misses.
    additionally i've seen some guides that combine text, pictures, video, and spoiler nesting, all in a nice friendly open html format

15+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on the quality of either.

Moved to Dungeons and Raids forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Video guide with the guy from the learn to raid series of guides.