Page 1 of 3
LastLast

February 7 Hotfixes, Blue Posts, Curse Weekly Roundup, Blizzard Art

Patch 4.3.2 Hotfixes - February 7
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Dungeons and Raids
    Dragon Soul
    • After the instance is cleared, Crimson Lifebinder now resurrects the non-player characters at Wyrmrest Temple, and they are fully functional.
    • Ultraxion
      • The event leading to Ultraxion now requires 15 Drakes killed, down from 24.

Events
    Love is in the Air
    • Players are now able to receive Lovely Charms while on the quest "Test Your Strength", when the player's inventory has both the Darkmoon Adventurer's Guide and Lovely Charm Collector's Kit.
    • Players now have the chance to receive both the Lovely Charm and Grisly Trophy from a single kill.
    Lunar Festival
    • Elder Dawnstrider now spawns farther away from nearby Flame Crest mobs.

Items

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Account Wide Achievements
    While we’re still working out many of the details regarding account-wide achievement functionality, I want to clarify that we plan for the system to apply to all achievements -- not just those added in Mists of Pandaria. It’s intended to be an overall change to the current achievement system.

Our goal is to make it so that you feel like you only have to get an achievement once. We think the time and effort you put into achievements should be evident regardless of which character you’re playing. The update will be implemented at the Battle.net level and, as such, would apply to all of the attached World of Warcraft licenses on the account. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Account Wide Achievements
    I want everyone to be a bit cautious about their expectations as of yet. We still have a lot of details to work out in regard to how this will all work. Once we have more specific information to share on it, we'll let you all know. I don't want anyone to get too far ahead on things until we can share more and explain any possible "ifs", "ands", and "buts" with you all should there be any put in place. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Please Welcome Nyorloth!
    In a break from tradition, I am not a member of the Community team; long have I gestated within the Story Development division of the Publishing Team, itself a division of Creative Development. My purposes here are myriad, but to mention a few:

• Increase the transparency of how we develop stories within our games and ancillary fiction.
    • Encourage more constructive discussions of the lore, so that we may better understand your likes/dislikes in order to shape our future projects.
    • To serve as a scapegoat for when something happens in the lore that you don’t like.

My eye has glimpsed the forming of an Ask CDev on the horizon... perhaps, even, Soon™! You would all do well to gather your questions now, in preparation for this momentous event. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blizzard Art Update
    Blizzard added seven pieces to the Wrath of the Lich King art gallery. These pieces offer an inside look at the creative process behind building the Warcraft universe.

Curse Weekly Roundup
    Pico is back to tell us about the things you might have missed in SWTOR, WOW, Soul Calibur V and Minecraft news recently.

Last edited by chaud; 2012-02-08 at 02:46 AM.

Nice, not so many drakes

Stormherald in the WotLK gallery? Alrighty then.

I more than welcome having ALL achievements globalised. Achievements should be there to show YOU did them, not your character...

People against it often throw out the example of, "A level 5 with the Gladiator title"... and I'll be blunt; Who gives a fuck really? You've already earned it, why not have the perk of showing it off if you so choose on an alt? What's it matter to you anyways, doesn't affect you in the slightest in any form what so ever!
    Last edited by Daedius; 2012-02-08 at 02:59 AM.

The event leading to Ultraxion has been removed.
    fixed that for blizz

The first thing I did after the restart was check to see if they fixed the Lovely Charms bug, both on characters on the Test Your Strength quest and those that weren't. If they fixed it, they must have nerfed the drop rate to heck and back, because I'm still barely getting any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah all of those drakes to kill was just a waste of time, after all it wasn't in anyway challenging.Now what I'd like to know about these achievements are, the ones we already have, will they be noticed as account wide, or just the ones we get from the point the feature comes out and so forth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pico is super duper!

Account wide achievements are looking more and more attractive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    To serve as a scapegoat for when something happens in the lore that you don’t like.
    Poor thing doesn't know what they're getting in to.... Anyway, I hope that account-wide achievements are paving the way for account-wide mounts... I would love to be able to ride my razzashi raptor and Zulian tiger on more than just my main.

Yay for account wide achievements and annoying red headed chicks.

I love seeing concept art, but it's a shame that 99% of it is never made into an actual in-game item, like the runeblades from the WotLK art book. I was looking forward to using one of those, and they never made it into the game.

yay for nerfed Ultraxion event!

So excited for Account wide achievements! I finally have a reason to play something other than my main!!

Deleted
    Lets say I got my ulduar glory drake on one charakter and the "account-wide achievements" go live, Would I get the mount on my other toons aswell?

account-wide achievements will be awesome!

I'm all in favour of account-wide achievements, although I suspect I'll still go for them all on my main. Being a warlock, there may be a better choice for PvP -- but will we have to start over on things like Warsong Gulch Veteran?

I like the idea of account wide achieves but they should give you the option to choose if you want account wide achieves so not so you can still aquire them on alts if thats what you like doing instead of forcing you to have them which will kinda make alts pointless

Ultraxion The event leading to Ultraxion now requires 15 Drakes killed, down from 24.
    Thank you.

---------- Post added 2012-02-08 at 05:38 AM ----------

Ultraxion The event leading to Ultraxion now requires 15 Drakes killed, down from 24.Thanks