Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Vanquisher Token drops.....

So I am kind of curious if anyone else has had this problem or has at least seen it happen, but for about the last 3 weeks I have seen nothing but Vanquisher tokens drop. Between my 4 toons I play I have seen over 15 tokens per week in LFR for the past 3 weeks drop and they are all Vanquisher. I haven't seen anything different in normal DS either. So my question is does anyone know if there is a possibility of those token drops being nerfed or should I just continue to look at horrible token drop rates unless your looking for Vanquisher?

Trade me places, I rarely see Vanq drops. And when I do over half the raid group is on the fucking token.

When I am on my druid , I keep seeing Conq/Protectors. On my other characters they seem scattered.RNG :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, with the shear amount of rogues/dks/mages/druids, even if they all drop I swear my DK and Rogue have a 1 in 15 chance of winning them. Unfortunately, RNG is RNG.

Roughly 1/3 of the wow community would agree with you...

But yeah, RNG is RNG. Although Vanq does technically have a slightly higher drop chance due to the most classes demanding it.

I say very RNG. In my DS normal runs, for the first 5-7 weeks, usually it's Corrupted Protectors tokens dropping and hardly see other 2 type but recently more mixture.

In LFR via my Mage, 2 weeks back during FoDW run alone, Ultraxion and Blackthorn dropped 6 Vanquishers Tokens and no other tokens dropped.

vanq has a 40% drop rate... 30% each for the other two.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trade me places OP, Every single week of clears

CONQ
    CONQ
    CONQ
    CONQ
    CONQ
    CONQ

It's been so frequent even the heroic pieces that NOBODY needs them and we vendor them <.<

Quote Originally Posted by RemJay24 View Post
    vanq has a 40% drop rate... 30% each for the other two.
    vanq has 4 diff classes that use them so naturally they should have a better chance of dropping then others

10+ Year Old Account
    Today's run, on the first wing, we had nothing else but NINE Vanq tokens. >.<

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If we get one vanquisher token in an entire clear, we're happy. We run with shaman/warrior/hunter and priest/paladin in our 10man group. All have 4x410 and the warrior has 3 prot pieces.

On the other hand, the only one with full 397+ tier is the moonkin (idk how I feel about that, but he rolls well >.< ).

Ran LFR (all 8 bosses), all Vanq tokens except for 1 Conq - crap town of leather too, then Madness went and dropped 3 Maws, people were upset.

I still don't see why Blizz doesn't cater loot to the classes in the raid but I guess on one end it keeps people running the content for longer.

I worked out that we have had over 50 tokens since DS was released and we are yet to see a single Conquerer token drop. And as half of our 10 man team is priest/paladin/warlock it's really affecting our progression now!

Deleted
    I do LFR on 3 out of the 4 vanquishers. As soon as I get into the raid, I start moaning about how more than half of the raid is composed by vanquishers. Later on I realize that it doesn't matter since the stupid token (that is supposed to have a higher drop rate than the others) wont drop ._.

However, when I see a protector token drop on my warrior I'm thinking "Please let me win one!". And when I actually do win it I'm thinking "Whoa! I actually won it!!1". Scrolls up a finds out that there was like 5 people (max) rolling on it.

Imo, the tier tokens could do with some re-organizing the classes.

Please note that the tokens are not set up by classes. They are set up by set. There are a total of 6 sets on the conq token, 7 sets on the vanq token, and 6 sets on the prot token. This is about as balanced as it can get. With addition of another 3 sets in MoP I bet we will see a reshuffling of what specs are on what tokens to rebalance the number of sets on each token.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Please note that the tokens are not set up by classes. They are set up by set. There are a total of 6 sets on the conq token, 7 sets on the vanq token, and 6 sets on the prot token. This is about as balanced as it can get. With addition of another 3 sets in MoP I bet we will see a reshuffling of what specs are on what tokens to rebalance the number of sets on each token.
    That's true, but then there's also the fact that some classes are played more than others. Take for example the protector token. While shamans have 3 different sets, it's still quite an unpopular class.

The classes in the vanquisher token are seen frequently, with the exception of rogues. Druids and DKs however, are still very common and mage seems to be quite a popular class as well.

Rogue has the legendary of this tier, mage had the legendary of last tier (and is top dps this tier), Dks are 3rd most popular class, druids are number 1/2 (tied with paladins roughly). basically - vanq is screwed

I doubt Blizzard picks what the tokens are based on what the class popularities are. If they did, I think we would see different token sets each tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    We barely get any Conqueror tokens. Our priests are sad pandas.

Deleted
    Funny that... we have people gearing OS prot / conq while im still waiting for my helm / legs.