Curiosity Killed the Cat...

Just a question here. I have a lvl 71 spriest. But on all my 85's pugging raids and doing LFR, out of the handful of times i have done it I have seen MAYBE 2-3 spriest. Just curious as to why?

Is it not a popular spec anymore?
    Is their dmg/dps significantly lower than say locks?
    Do they make better healers than wasting time dpsing?

Just a curiosity, cuz i love playing spriest

gotta watch your shadow orbs for big numbers. puts some people off.

and disco is vastly superior
    somebody call for d doctor?

Deleted
    Healing is faster queues...

Disco isn't vastly superior i like to think rock is superior than disco.

Most priest in LFR are Holy cuz its so much easier to top meters compared to Disc and faster queue's than shadow.

But i seen at least 1 spriest in 8 out of 10 lfr's i do.
    Last edited by mmoc3c8522fde4; 2012-02-08 at 09:30 AM.

I think the faster queues are a big part of it. Though every LFR I have done has had at least one other spriest in it. I'd consider queuing as a healer sometimes myself... but then there is that whole holy spells searing my soul thing.

So from what I'm gathering, its not that spriests are not good, just that people are lazy and wanna queue up faster? lol

My main is a shadowpriest and across all of my alts, every LFR I do has at least one shadowpriest,.....the reason I don't notice them 90% of the time is that they are so terribad I don't see them on my recount lol (set to top 10).

For me, I am still queuing as my MS shadow, because I'm after a cunning of the cruel trinket. We haven't seen one in our main runs, so I do LFR every week through Blackhorn as shadow trying to get that trinket. I usually drop out and requeue as holy for spine, since I need a heart of unliving. If I could queue as holy every week, I would, for faster queue time and the fact that I only need gear from there for my OS other than that one trinket. I am sure there are plenty of other people doing the same. They no longer need gear for their MS, so they are building their OS and getting the faster queue.

You also need to realize that 2/3 of our specs are healers, so the majority of the time you see a priest, it will be a healer.
    Last edited by Sakamae; 2012-02-08 at 04:32 PM.

According to Raidbots Shadowpriest is like the 3rd/4th best dps spec in game in 25mands and 4th in 10modes.

And that is just because Blizzard didn't gave casters a retarded +20% sp (just like the idiotic, senseless 20% AP).

So no, its just for the faster Qs. Those you see shadows in LFR are either booseted by a friendly healer in group while Queing or trying to catch 384/390 dps trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    So no, its just for the faster Qs. Those you see shadows in LFR are either booseted by a friendly healer in group while Queing or trying to catch 384/390 dps trinkets.
    Or just masochists... I honestly have no idea why I queue for LFR anymore at all... but I still do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    For me, I am still queuing as my MS shadow, because I'm after a cunning of the cruel trinket. We haven't seen one in our main runs, so I do LFR every week through Blackhorn as shadow trying to get that trinket. I usually drop out and requeue as holy for spine, since I need a heart of unliving. If I could queue as holy every week, I would, for faster queue time and the fact that I only need gear from there for my OS other than that one trinket. I am sure there are plenty of other people doing the same. They no longer need gear for their MS, so they are building their OS and getting the faster queue.

You also need to realize that 2/3 of our specs are healers, so the majority of the time you see a priest, it will be a healer.
    i pretty much did the same, until i realized that bottle with 4 set bonus is like the same as a RF CoC so now i cba to do that anymore only reason i want a RF CoC is for pvp purplose